• Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

DSCN0779
DSCN0783

P

Pimples

Hey, my first light i bought was a 1000w Gavita E series DE fixture. I was growing in a 5x5 tent with a 7' ceiling. I would not recommend a Gavita DE fixture in this situation due to the fact that it is not air cooled and the ballast is in the tent (which adds another 80-100w of heat inside the tent which would be better served by added lighting or reduced heat). In the 5x5 tent with 300+cfm exhaust/intake I could only run it at 850w and the tent was still 83-85*f. The yield was excellent but the quality was impacted from the heat. I didn't experience anything close to light burn running it even at 1150 3' above the canopy however the heat was a major issue with this light fixture. My next 2 grows I bought cheap iPower 1000w air cooled lights and I am able to run one (air cooled) in my 5x5 at 1000w keeping the temperature around 78*f. Long story short, unless you have enough space and an air conditioner I would HIGHLY recommend buying a cheap 1000w air cooled ($160 delivered full set up with timer and hangers) vs a Gavita 1000w DE fixture ($475 delivered) it will save you money and BTU's. If I had a full room with total control I would go with the Gavita's 100% however that doesn't seem to be your setup or mine. Hope this was helpful.
This is what the manufacturers and people in the know been trying to tell growers from the get go with pro grade double ended hps fixtures.

Madmax

Madmax

What the plants :) i wanna see lol..got any pics G gnome..im keen to purchase the
6/750 ceiling is 7' .that means it will b under 7 ft when fitted .ive got all the shit i need stuck in the cart on growers house but my subconscience is saying .hold your horses Max .i have been th9nking of recessing the roof also to try and gain a foot.id have to get the scrubber up also being 304mm wide as the light will b shining on on it as i reckon fixture would b around 50cm from it...its def cool enough here..

G gnome

G gnome

What the plants :) i wanna see lol..got any pics G gnome..im keen to purchase the
6/750 ceiling is 7' .that means it will b under 7 ft when fitted .ive got all the shit i need stuck in the cart on growers house but my subconscience is saying .hold your horses Max .i have been th9nking of recessing the roof also to try and gain a foot.id have to get the scrubber up also being 304mm wide as the light will b shining on on it as i reckon fixture would b around 50cm from it...its def cool enough here..
Do i have any pix? Haha this site is loaded with my pix!

Madmax

Madmax

Going through all your stuff right now..

man you got your finger in all the pies

Hmm.cracks stubby ,pulls up chair,opens bag of chips

Madmax

Madmax

Well i found your shithole thread.112 pages lol.

It wanna b this one as ill b paraletic by the time i find it haha

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Yup.

I run 1000w de in 7ft ceilings been doin it for about 3yrs now.
Have you bleached them before? I know some folks that bleached their stuff w 1000wDe 7ft ceilings . I keep mine at 750 and they work great for me.

Madmax

Madmax

Have you bleached them before? I know some folks that bleached their stuff w 1000wDe 7ft ceilings . I keep mine at 750 and they work great for me.
Q how far away you got the light..im between 50-60 cm and after awhile the top leaves dry up damaging them.im on 750 atm.the rest of plants are good though.

Top Bottom