Help a beginner out

• Thread starter Tommy626
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Does the fungus develop because of the conditions in the grow tent? Or does it blow in from somewhere? I’m curious as to how one develops this kind of fungus on their grow.

Tommy626

Tommy626

Fungus is everywhere but when you invite it on to your plants with wet leaves ,high temp , high humidity all hell breaks loose

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you. I really needed someone to confirm this before I went nuts
I learned the same way you did a few year ago, and I did what you did, kept feeding more calcium and it kept getting worse

eventually I figured it out I stopped it Dead with liquid copper Fungicide and I also burn sulfur

Recommend you spray the baking soda and spray it again in 48 hours and if indeed it is fungus you'll see no new lesions

Agree sometimes fungus and calcium deficiency look a lot a like but if you look at

calcium deficiency;

black spot with a lighter ring

Screenshot 20200511 123201 Google

but when you see brown spot with a black ring that's septoria

Screenshot 20200511 121630 Chrome

Yes it will spread to every plant although some strains seem more resistant

You've been feeding extra calcium & it's not helped; spray it with the baking soda and spray it again in 48 hours and see if that helps.. only way to know, good luck!

chemistry

chemistry

It's those brown fried eggs on the underside that gives it away, like spore sacks, and I too have tried spraying leaves, and got on as well as you people. lol

Tommy626

Tommy626

I learned the same way you did a few year ago, and I did what you did, kept feeding more calcium and it kept getting worse

eventually I figured it out I stopped it Dead with liquid copper Fungicide and I also burn sulfur

Recommend you spray the baking soda and spray it again in 48 hours and if indeed it is fungus you'll see no new lesions

Agree sometimes fungus and calcium deficiency look a lot a like but if you look at

calcium deficiency;

black spot with a lighter ring

View attachment 971543

but when you see brown spot with a black ring that's septoria

View attachment 971544

Yes it will spread to every plant although some strains seem more resistant

You've been feeding extra calcium & it's not helped; spray it with the baking soda and spray it again in 48 hours and see if that helps.. only way to know, good luck!
Okay wiped the tent down with a bleach dilute on a damp rag. Vacced all particles off the flood tray, and mixed one gal with a heaping tbs of baking soda and a couple drops of dish soap, cut away all heavily damaged leaves as it made its way around the tent after closer inspection. Sprayed all plants down a good soaking and dimmed lights put up 6 fans and cranked exhaust. Can see the dried baking soda on the leaves so we’ll see what happens. I definitely appreciate the support thank you

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Okay wiped the tent down with a bleach dilute on a damp rag. Vacced all particles off the flood tray, and mixed one gal with a heaping tbs of baking soda and a couple drops of dish soap, cut away all heavily damaged leaves as it made its way around the tent after closer inspection. Sprayed all plants down a good soaking and dimmed lights put up 6 fans and cranked exhaust. Can see the dried baking soda on the leaves so we’ll see what happens. I definitely appreciate the support thank you
Tommy twice I specified level (serious) I can't vouch for "heaping"??

Also you might want to look it up cuz it's been years but I think I sprayed either every 48 or 72 hours I don't think 48 would hurt anything but it may have been 72, so you might want to look into it between now and the next 2 days. If it is a fungus you'll see your plants look better in no time! you'll notice they respond positively to the spraying

And if you do notice a positive response I highly recommend you get some liquid copper fungicide most Home Depot's and that type of place carry it, it works much better than the baking soda

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
looks like fungus to me

Why are you still spraying the plants?
View attachment 971524

• Rule #1 Never spray a healthy plant

One level tablespoon baking soda (& a few drops of gently dish soap) into one gallon of water, spray both sides of the leaf asap, spray heavy!

If it is a fungus the baking soda will stop it instantly and then you will know, regardless it won't hurt anything;

Recommend liquid copper Fungicide and in about three or four applications it will hopefully eliminate the fungus, also increase the airflow on the floor asap, good luck
+10000

Tommy626

Tommy626

Okay so it DEFINITELY slowed the progress of the disease or fungus, but on the flip side it seems to have sucked the moisture out of pistils? I’m not sure what harm I’ve inflicted but my question is do you think I should treat them again tomorrow?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Okay so it DEFINITELY slowed the progress of the disease or fungus, but on the flip side it seems to have sucked the moisture out of pistils? I’m not sure what harm I’ve inflicted but my question is do you think I should treat them again tomorrow?
Yes, but as I recommended above I'm not sure if you should spray every 48 or 72 hours because I haven't applied baking soda in a few years? I'll be around in the morning and maybe I can answer this question as to spraying frequency then

Also now that you know that it has definitely slowed the progress of the fungal disease I highly recommend you purchase liquid copper fungicide, I use this brand which is also available at Home Depot type of stores
Screenshot 20200513 022923 Chrome

Edit: a heaping teaspoon of baking soda is okay
😎

• 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon

Last edited:
Top Bottom