Help A Newb Farmer Out Please

• Thread starter blazeup420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Should be even cooler in the next tent it's 1.2x1.2x2 mtr so I'm guessing heat dispersion and a few more open ducts on bottom should help I'm also considering getting a 4in unline duct fan to draw cool air in as well
Haha fair enough. Yeh I don't really know much about composting or making tea. And as for the baby well i will know how to treat her better this round so should be ok for a bit of smoke. Will look into teas
They have some compost teas that you can buy and make that come with a bubbler kit. It's pretty good stuff.

Smerb

Smerb

That 18/6 is superior to 24/0
Yeah let me get that out the botanists bible. It's really up to YOU. Ya know I'll put my foot down like this, sun up to sundown. Not indoor light bulbs...... Before bulbs man relied on the sun, the sun sets and the plants have a sleep. Hmm??

blazeup420

blazeup420

Yeah let me get that out the botanists bible. It's really up to YOU. Ya know I'll put my foot down like this, sun up to sundown. Not indoor light bulbs...... Before bulbs man relied on the sun, the sun sets and the plants have a sleep. Hmm??

True shit. Although lots of differently manipulated environmental factors these days.

On another note the baby Strawberry Cough just poked its head out at 4.5 days from beginning of process. Germinated a lot quicker I think due to the warmer conditions. Fingers crossed this is a healthy, stress free plant!

All I did to germinate was ph correct some tap water I let de chlorinate for a few days dropped it in for a few hours in shot glass, let it sink, placed in soil and perlite medium and kept misting with the same water, which I'll use throughout the rest of germination process.

I'm hoping the genetics are good in this one too. The breeder is Dutch passion

MW7945

MW7945

As a man of science, you didnt quite convince me. Plants and humans are biologically very different. Things are very different from your analogy when it comes to modern growing. With advances in lighting, genetics, and nutrients I dont see the need for plants to "sleep". Photosynthesis requires light. That's what we're after.

Natural light cycles are what plants use regionally for their life cycle. We've greatly come past the natural life cycle. We're in it for the biggest most potent plant we can get. Just my 2 cents. I just haven't found any definitive information that says plants require rest. Only opinions

blazeup420

blazeup420

They're not looking so good today. Burn seems to be spresding again. Ugh and yeh that's a 1 day old in bottom left. I'm actually looking into the possibility of a perpetual grow now as well (I made a post about it) I'm pretty much equiped for it. Have that second tent sitting in box still. Anyway can anyone help with this burn issue!? It's freaking me out

IMG 0028
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They're not looking so good today. Burn seems to be spresding again. Ugh and yeh that's a 1 day old in bottom left. I'm actually looking into the possibility of a perpetual grow now as well (I made a post about it) I'm pretty much equiped for it. Have that second tent sitting in box still. Anyway can anyone help with this burn issue!? It's freaking me out
Maybe spider mites. Put a small piece of paper on top the plant and you might see very tiny bugs crawling on it.

Smerb

Smerb

As a man of science, you didnt quite convince me. Plants and humans are biologically very different. Things are very different from your analogy when it comes to modern growing. With advances in lighting, genetics, and nutrients I dont see the need for plants to "sleep". Photosynthesis requires light. That's what we're after.

Natural light cycles are what plants use regionally for their life cycle. We've greatly come past the natural life cycle. We're in it for the biggest most potent plant we can get. Just my 2 cents. I just haven't found any definitive information that says plants require rest. Only opinions
Your really going to put that out there? How long have you grown? How much do you study. Man of science but you can't see the sun go down? I'm not trying to convince you, the proof is there.

blazeup420

blazeup420

Hahaha you guys gonna have a mad debate now....

Anyway - So since it's morning, their time I gave each 1.5L ph (on the lower side 5.8) of just water and two mist sprays one when watered and one 30 mins later when I was sucking out the rest of the run off (ph measured at 6.8-7) I have a real cheap pen so it is hard to be heaps accurate but soil seems to be less hot now and within the 1 point ph buffer in/out zone so as long as I keep it within that I should be ok. But it's water only for a week or two I think until things really pick up. They seem to be loving the mist sprays sucking in all the water fast and looking nicer. Anyone else favour misting in veg or have done?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They definitely benefit from a dark Period. Google searches are not always the best argument the proof is in the pudding.

MW7945

MW7945

They definitely benefit from a dark Period. Google searches are not always the best argument the proof is in the pudding.
Your really going to put that out there? How long have you grown? How much do you study. Man of science but you can't see the sun go down? I'm not trying to convince you, the proof is there.

Thanks for your opinions guys, they changed my mind for sure!

blazeup420

blazeup420

I wouldn't mind if we could possibly get back to the subject at hand?

Lol, still need help

Just turned off a 300 to drop temps to mid 70s

They haven't stretch being off the crates. I'm going to order light hoists too

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

That's why they're bushy, I have mine at 18" and they're growing out more than up. But that's what I'm going for.

Any proof of that? I've never found any evidence that supports that
I've read a couple controlled tests that tested 18-6 20-4 and 24-0. The results showed 20-4 to be the "best" given the results they were looking for. I'll try to find the article and post it. I ran 24-0 before and was recommended to do 18-6 by one guy and the other SWORE 24-0. Lol. I did some research and it's mixed opinions but I did read that about 20-4 a couple times. Food for thought. I'll look for the article

blazeup420

blazeup420

See I thought that too and was doing 20/4 but was told they needed more rest.

blazeup420

blazeup420

Well they weren't growing at all being on the ground... back onto the crates for now, which put them at 20 in from light. Rather have some growth than none. Even if it's out ways for now until I get light hoists next week and I can put the, at 25 etc

Hillfruit77

Hillfruit77

Lets see if these photos work? Also they are seeds from a reputable bank. The last light was only introduced on the weekend. Temps at 28 C (bit high now but i think still ok?) and RH about 40% As you can see by the setup (if photos work) i have ducting, extraction fan/CF filter, oscillating fan on plants. This set up wasn't cheap so id like to get an ROI if i can
Cheers
Blaze
How's your root system ? Look like they should be in a smaller pot . That stunts the growth. To big of a pot

blazeup420

blazeup420

I think the roots are fine? They're under dirt, short of transplanting, how would I tell?

Yeh I transplanted too soon as well. Didn't think that would make a massive difference though

blazeup420

blazeup420

I could transfer to some slightly smaller pots I have. Also if I did that they would have new ph balanced soil... or wouldn't worry about stressing them again?

Top Bottom