[Help a newbie] - Doubts about nutrients

• Thread starter Diegonorris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diegonorris

Diegonorris

Greetings growers,

I'm about to start with my first cannabis-growing attempt (trying with autoflowers), I've been watching some videos, reading journals, and other stuff, but I'm still having doubts about how and when to feed my plants and others, I'll will appreciate a lot any hints, advice or resources to solve the following questions:
  • Once my plant germinates when shall I feed it (e.g.: once per week, twice a day...)?
  • Which nutrients/fertilizers/substrate do you recommend for each phase (veg, pre-flowering, and flowering)?
  • What mix and amounts of nutrients/fertilizers/substrate do you recommend?
  • Do you recommend LST? If so, when to start? How often and how much time shall I do it?
  • I see a lot of people adding nets to the tents this is done for LST?
Thanks a lot for your help, peace!🪴🤟

katraiter

katraiter

Here is my experience with auto flowers I planted one on St Patty's day along with 6 feminized non autos. I have a grow diary of it but I have no idea how to link it to this post 😕

I harvested two buds to try yesterday!! So 60 days start to finish, like I didnt have time to even consider Lst at all compared the the other ones I have growing right beside the auto flower. The auto started to preflower on day 14 , insainity but it produced. My others are just now flowering , but the auto is dense now and leaning over some. And frosty 😁😁😁

Yesterday I clipped off and dried out two bottom buds, dried low in the oven and viola! Probably is not supposed to happen that way! 😂😂I don't know but it smoked fine.
I use fox farm dirt and nutrients for everything cause it's local / Amazon and easy to use just package directions.

Critical 2.0 auto seedsman day 60

PXL 20240520 000725406PORTRAITORIGINAL
Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

How are you regarding details and control?

Are you willing to make investments in quality equipment?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Welcome to the farm.
There are many variables, Are you growing indoors or outdoors.
If indoors do you have a tent with a light ready to go.
or a small grow space with a light and fan.
You will need
A PH Pen?
An E.C test pen?
PH up and PH down.

Indoors in a tent you can use something like Fox Farms Ocean forest. And 3 part nutrients.
Or you can use a potting mix like Pro mix and use dry fertilizers or liquid fertilizers. as you desire.

You can grow in a Coco mix or you can grow in A 50/50 peat moss and Vermiculite mix using any liquid fertilizer.

Out doors you have any of the above options plus the option of a living soil grow.
It just depends where your interest lies.

Did you have something in mind.
I am a small space indoor grower. 1 plant at a time like this.

I also grow in living soil outdoors.

Last edited:
katraiter

katraiter

Has never failed me !

Big bloom all the time Everytime I water grow big veg
tiger bloom flower

PXL 20240523 132617714PORTRAIT
Diegonorris

Diegonorris

Here is my experience with auto flowers I planted one on St Patty's day along with 6 feminized non autos. I have a grow diary of it but I have no idea how to link it to this post 😕

I harvested two buds to try yesterday!! So 60 days start to finish, like I didnt have time to even consider Lst at all compared the the other ones I have growing right beside the auto flower. The auto started to preflower on day 14 , insainity but it produced. My others are just now flowering , but the auto is dense now and leaning over some. And frosty 😁😁😁

Yesterday I clipped off and dried out two bottom buds, dried low in the oven and viola! Probably is not supposed to happen that way! 😂😂I don't know but it smoked fine.
I use fox farm dirt and nutrients for everything cause it's local / Amazon and easy to use just package directions.

Critical 2.0 auto seedsman day 60
Looking good sir! Please share the link to your dairy!

Diegonorris

Diegonorris

How are you regarding details and control?

Are you willing to make investments in quality equipment?
Yes sir! I have some budget, planning to buy the SF2000 also a decent tent, fans, humidifier, etc etc.
If you have any suggestions about the equipment, please share 🤟 . Thanks a lot!

Stokes

Stokes

Yes sir! I have some budget, planning to buy the SF2000 also a decent tent, fans, humidifier, etc etc.
If you have any suggestions about the equipment, please share 🤟 . Thanks a lot!

The details part it very important. Are you dedicated to taking daily measurements and do you have the time to feed daily or mix up nutrients and adjust values regularly? Or are you looking for a relatively low maintenance grow that requires a little bit more proactive planning and not so many reactive adjustments?

Diegonorris

Diegonorris

Welcome to the farm.
There are many variables, Are you growing indoors or outdoors.
If indoors do you have a tent with a light ready to go.
or a small grow space with a light and fan.
You will need
A PH Pen?
An E.C test pen?
PH up and PH down.

Indoors in a tent you can use something like Fox Farms Ocean forest. And 3 part nutrients.
Or you can use a potting mix like Pro mix and use dry fertilizers or liquid fertilizers. as you desire.

You can grow in a Coco mix or you can grow in A 50/50 peat moss and Vermiculite mix using any liquid fertilizer.

Out doors you have any of the above options plus the option of a living soil grow.
It just depends where your interest lies.

Did you have something in mind.
I am a small space indoor grower. 1 plant at a time like this.

I also grow in living soil outdoors.
Yeah missed those details, I'll be growing indoors, in a tent + a Lamp (planning to use the Spider Farmer 2000) also I'll be buying a humidifier and all this stuff to measure temperature, relative humidity, pH.

Of course, if you have equipment suggestions I'll be more than happy to read them.

Thanks.

Diegonorris

Diegonorris

The details part it very important. Are you dedicated to taking daily measurements and do you have the time to feed daily or mix up nutrients and adjust values regularly? Or are you looking for a relatively low maintenance grow that requires a little bit more proactive planning and not so many reactive adjustments?
I'm kind of lucky working from home, so yes I have plenty of time to take care of them, most of the time.

Stokes

Stokes

I'm kind of lucky working from home, so yes I have plenty of time to take care of them, most of the time.
If youre good with details and are willing to buy a decent ph/ec pen and follow a chart with them i would suggest coco. More work and dealing with runoff can be a hassle, but can be remedied with automated systems. More money though, and if you mistime a feeding or overfeed with dry amendments you’re pretty much just along for the ride

Coco is great because whether you over feed or underfeed you can fix it almost daily. You have the ability to recognize deficiencies quickly and deal with them easily. With soil the measurments arent as precise, and diagnosis isnt always so clear. Harder to water. If you use preamended soils youre relying on faith in the producer and there are more unknown variables.

Top Bottom