Help a noob first timer grower

• Thread starter sitzzo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sitzzo

I dont know but from a couple of day the leaves started to curl in.
i changed the bulbs with a led platform and i'm keeping it at 40%.
Idk if they got burn, if they had too much water or if there is something that i ignore.
they dont look very good, they are actually wierds.
what's going on?

Help a noob first timer grower
Help a noob first timer grower 2
Help a noob first timer grower 3
Help a noob first timer grower 4
M

mdterpz532

They look okay to me. If mine looked like that I wouldn't think anything. Looks like some hard water spots on your leaves perhaps, or nuit mix.

I'm a rookie myself but I have fathered close to 30 at this point.

I have one right now in my tent looking extremely sad, but leaves are all green just severely droopy, I've been away tho, they will get their attention today

Edit: spelling

T

Tyrant

I dont know but from a couple of day the leaves started to curl in.
i changed the bulbs with a led platform and i'm keeping it at 40%.
Idk if they got burn, if they had too much water or if there is something that i ignore.
they dont look very good, they are actually wierds.
what's going on?
Curled leaves are normally a sign of either light or heat stress it also appears you may be over watering. Make sure you let them dry right out and the saturate entire medium then wait till completely dry again

TLOnewbie

TLOnewbie

How high in nitrogen is your soil?
If you are feeding with liquid nutrients, quit feeding for 2-3 weeks
It's hard to tell for certain but the 1st photo shows what looks like the "nitrogen claw"
If it is, clean ro water will cure this
New growth should look better
Good luck

ADANTHEGROWER

ADANTHEGROWER

aside from the nutrient checklist. another question I would ask myself is the lighting situation.
what type of light am I running and the distance im placing them under.
there is temperature and humidity levels.
What I have been told from a expert grower prior to using this forum is he uses a check list to figure out what may cause the issue which I understand seems meticulous but you take care of all possibilities and you have a track record of what seems fine with your plant.

lastly I've been told and im sure ill be corrected if im wrong, that genetics also play a role.

S

sitzzo

i have to buy an instrument to mesure humidty and temperature because i dont have anything.
this is my first time and i'm just doing stuff by hands.
today i'll post more pictures with updates because it doesnt seems to getting better.

F

funhoby

i have to buy an instrument to mesure humidty and temperature because i dont have anything.
today i'll post more pictures with updates because it doesnt seems to getting better.
Its look like overwatered. What kind of light you are using?

ADANTHEGROWER

ADANTHEGROWER

this is a list of what I think you should have in hand to optimize your grows and take care of variables that arise. PH reader, humidity/thermostat, ph up/ph down,
nutrients primary Nitrogen phosphorus, potassium secondary calcium, magnesium, sulfur. the. you have your micros
medium. I like fox farms and I do a 1-1 ratio on HAPPY FROG AND OCEAN FLOOR. not promoting you could use other brands. when you water I use DISTILLED and I do 1/4 water per volume of growing pot.

keep us updated and we will go down the list together and hopefully it turns around for the better.

S

sitzzo

i chopped some leaves. it looks like they are not growing in height.

18739e90 0465 4204 99d1 a631aa8892ff
Fe269e1e 1961 4eb6 8080 74c801d8b527
S

sitzzo

So after all they are not growing that much. Being them autofloweimring it s better for me to start again with new seeds or just keep on waiting for a miracle?

20230723 100007
20230723 100015
20230723 100018
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

These plants are not getting taller because the light is so close. Back the light off another 2 feet and relax a bit. Just let them be.

So Back the light off 2 feet, you want the light 30" from your plants. Don't change the power setting. They will grow up to it.

Do this for me.
Soak each pot with Rain water. Give each pot one liter of rain water if you can collect it. Slowly dribble One or 2 cups every 5 min until each has been given 1 L. Giving them a little at a time like this gives the soil time to soak up the water your putting in the pot, it's not run down the inside of the pot and out the bottom hole.

Then do nothing. They look good color wise. No deficiency.
Don't worry about over watering. Just do nothing but check on them once a day for 10 days. Check on them once a day. Stick your finger in the pot and see how they feel daily so you always know where they are at. Let the soil dry out. It's going to take a few days. When the top of soil is getting dry and dusty. Stick your finger in deep.

You want it to feel quite dry an inch down before you water again. There will still be enough moisture down deep in the pot to sustain her.
Weight some more. When the top of soil is dry and dusty. Every day Stick your finger in deep. One day you will feel it's time to water.

This time mix your nutrients 1/4 strength on the label. Water as you did last time. Do the dribble method. 1 L each a little at a time so the soil has time to soak up the water. Then do nothing again for 10 days. Check on them once a day. Stick your finger in the pot and see how they feel daily so you always know where they are at. If they need water at 8 days do the dribble method at 8 days. 1 L as before.

Watch them for color. If you see any yellowing of lower leaves, feed them next watering. 1/4 strength on the bottle no more than that in pots this size.
If the plants are a nice dark green and growing do not feed them. Just dribble method water this time. Check on them once a day. Stick your finger in the pot and see how they feel daily so you always know where they are at.

Do this and your plants will take right off and grow. In 2 or 3 weeks your plants will look a lot better. They will stretch out and you can start low stress training them.

It would not hurt to pick up some cal-Mag. Your going to need a little. If you have it already give them 1/4 teaspoon in your 1/4 strength feeding solution no more than once a month until you flip them. They will need more then.

Move the little side light up beside the LED if you want it on. Just light the canopy.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

See if you can find and old 26" bicycle wheel. You need to cut about 20 spokes out to make little stakes out of.
I use heavy pliers to cut them off. Then bend a nice hook on one end. As your plants grow you can pull the branches down and steak them down.
So you end up with something like this.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/profile/1349419/

You don't want a tall skinny plant under a light like this. You want to low stress train her so she spreads out and stays the same height across the top. As you pull the branches down the light will hit the leaf nodes and they will grow branches up. You won't believe what your going to have in a month. You can drill holes in the top of the pots and tie the branches down as well.

TLOnewbie

TLOnewbie

Any small digital instrument
Hang just above you tallest tops
80 to 90 temp
50 to 60 humidity

Top Bottom