Help A Noob With A Dream

• Thread starter Maksed Mo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maksed Mo

Hey there farmers, Mo here needing a bit of help starting his garden.

So I have a 90 Square foot room i plan on growing 4 plants in.

I plan to grow them in either a DWC or RDWC system, which from what I can tell are great but unforgiving.

I want to use LED lights, and I do not want to have to change lights, or move plants when they switch from Veg to Flower. I was hoping to build the light myself, and saw some excellent guides and designs here for just that.

I also need the grow to be as discrete as possible, as my roommates are not fond of the smell.

So my questions are, how Do I keep the smell out, how many lights will I need, what's a good way to get Co2 in the rooms atmosphere. What things should I watch out for, and what is a realistic expectation for a first time indoor grow of this type, in general, I know it varies greatly strain to strain.

Thanks for any and all help. I appreciate feedback, and plan to journal this grow online, and Merry Christmas and what not.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
First, welcome to the farm!

Second, if you've never grown before are you certain you want to start off in hydro? Soil is far more forgiving.

Smell is handled by using a carbon filter, I'm not experienced in that department at all. Nor have I been able to use, let alone build LED lights. But we do have a couple of cats here who have, they should have some good threads in the LED section on building COBS, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean with "what's a reasonable expectation" unless you're interested in knowing how much smokable weight you'll end up with. Only a guess here, but for a first grow I'd think you'd be doing ok if you pulled a QP.

Sorry I can't be more help here, but at least I can bump ya.

M

Maksed Mo

First, welcome to the farm!

Second, if you've never grown before are you certain you want to start off in hydro? Soil is far more forgiving.

I would actually prefer to start out in soil, but since i am limitied to indoor only I think it would be best to go Hydro to avoid getting dirt in my house. Many thanks for the bump and the welcome message!

Toaster79

Toaster79

@Toaster79 makes his own l.e.d. fixtures

Geez bro, I know I owe you at least one, but take it easy on me :P

To the OP:

There are hundreds of similar setups shown and explained here. Start copying one and go from there. As for the expectations ... save your self some tears and hope for nothing, hoping you did your homework with a degree and kill it.

As for the LEDs, whats your budget?

M

Maksed Mo

Around 3-5 hundred. I have seen a few designs that I think I could build for that. But im trying to figure out weather I should build a big one and put 4 plants under, or 4 small ones, and give them more room.

Top Bottom