Help Again LoL 🤯

• Thread starter Tech4523
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tech4523

Tech4523

Hi Guys

Well I had someone else watering well at work and they didnt follow instructions lol Now looks like I have a Cal or Similar Nutrient lock out... Did a quick slurry test from the top of the solid and she was around 8.0ph....Also the water has been hot at 8+.....Bought another PH tester and my other pen was off almost 0.7-1.0..So even when I was watering at 6.5 it was more like 7.5ph

about the flush her with water in the 6-6.2 area..

Media ..50/50 mix of Destiny Dark Matter super soil and Pro Mix HP

Nutrients feed at 5th 6th week of Gia Green 4-4-4 top amendment. 2/3 of recommendations...

at 1st I thought Nut burn and maybe temp swings but as it kept getting worse I'm leaning towards a lock out

I will water till run off with 6.5ph and post the results of run off

My question is if I flush like 4 L of 6.2ish water should I re amend the soil since I do not use bottle nuits

I have a bottle of 2-0-0 Cal Mag too if needed

Any Help Tips or direction would be great

1st 4 pics are the Purple Trainwreck its hit the hardest

other pics are same issue popping up but not as bad yet

this is what makes me think its definitely been the water

Help again lol
Help again lol 2
Help again lol 3
Help again lol 4
Help again lol 5
Help again lol 6
Help again lol 7
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I think your soil needs to be reset; I'd do a heavy flush, but before I recommend that it would be best if you did a slurry test and posted results

Tech4523

Tech4523

So I think your soil needs to be reset; I'd do a heavy flush, but before I recommend that it would be best if you did a slurry test and posted results
Yeah did a quick one from the Top of the soil and tested after only 2min or so in a panic and had other things to do.

2 calibrated pens now as well that was my 1st step.

What PH would you recommend the Flush and how much water lol...

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You got to do it right:

2 to 1 water to soil

use ro or distilled water

take it from down in the plant not off the top

and stir it well

let it sit at least 15 minutes

take both ph

and PPM readings

Tech4523

Tech4523

the distilled water I have is reading 6.9/7.0

taking 2 samples 1/3 deep and 2/3 deep using 30ml of media to 60ml of distilled water.

will post results soon

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

the distilled water I have is reading 6.9/7.0

taking 2 samples 1/3 deep and 2/3 deep using 30ml of media to 60ml of distilled water.

will post results soon
You can't accurately read the pH of distilled water with standard testing equipment because of the lack of ions but that's okay ignore that

Tech4523

Tech4523

You can't accurately read the pH of distilled water with standard testing equipment because of the lack of ions but that's okay ignore that
good to know lol

looks like the Slurry test is showing 7.0/7.2 PH on the 2 samples

ppm of soil is 146-155

Tech4523

Tech4523

well flushed it with 6.3 run off came out 6.3 and 3550 ppm

maybe salt build up ? does that make sense with the soil slurry test ppm being low

Tech4523

Tech4523

I am using gaja green for my outdoor girls and I have had no nute burn or deficiencies. I added in soil and after 15 days, topped and mixed with perlite. I used more than the recommended and no burn at all. You are using the Gaja Grow, correct? Too early for gaja bloom.

No I just feed with Gia Green 4/4/4 mixed into the top dressing and watered week 5/6 ish other than that they had 1L of water with 5ml of Cal Max 2-0-0 yesterday.

Slurry test showing 7.0 still
ppm 150

Run Off after water with 6.3 is 6.5

ppm 3350

20200718 191525
20200718 191826
Tech4523

Tech4523

Purpling or blueing is from stress. I can see from the nodes you have had it a while. How you know you have fixed a nute def is new growth stems will be light green and not purple. I have had this and stalled my girls until I could fix the issue and that took 2 weeks of no growth. Hopefully you now have a good ph meter and this will never happen again. If it ever seems off, calibrate and test again. This will save you a whole lot of headaches. Cannabis does not reward laziness : ) I would add some azomite after flush, no nutes and see if she bounces back quick. If you catch it quick, you can save a few leaves.
Yes shes about 7 or 8 weeks old now...will definitely be watering more to run off now and always staying on top of thing now

Tech4523

Tech4523

dont add calmag, it has it in it. I have never added calmag to mine I use well water. 169ppm here. Very clean. Not sure what your situation is but this is what I use. I have R/O but only use it to ph my indoor girls with well water.
I am on City water not sure of the break down but its around 160-175ppm and I bubble for 24+ hrs to take out the chlorine

Tech4523

Tech4523

I am using gaja green for my outdoor girls and I have had no nute burn or deficiencies. I added in soil and after 15 days, topped and mixed with perlite. I used more than the recommended and no burn at all. You are using the Gaja Grow, correct? Too early for gaja bloom. Also I have not added any cal/mag. Should get it from fert as it has all the right stuff for complete veg. It is a deficiency. Does not seem to be absorbing nitrogen. Is there still new growth?
Yes there is still new growth but slower than I think it should be

Tech4523

Tech4523

dont add calmag, it has it in it. I have never added calmag to mine I use well water. 169ppm here. Very clean. Not sure what your situation is but this is what I use. I have R/O but only use it to ph my indoor girls with well water.
Also when you flush would you flush till proper ppm run off ? I mean 3350 seems high lol when my coco is at 1050

Tech4523

Tech4523

Fuck you are in coco? Cal mag hog. Or am I reading you have some in coco too? Try this test. R/O water or distilled. Add recommended gaja green and cal mag that you added to a small glass of water. Mix it well and see ppm. I am curious. Also ph it too.
I have autos in coco lol the ones with the problem are my photos in the soil/pro mix media

Tech4523

Tech4523

After review of your original post I think I know why you are having the issues. First, there were def before, just more noticeable after a change. Once you added gaja greeen, you threw a whole bunch of nutes that it desperately needed and gobbled it up super quick. It also grabbed everything else and may actually be absorbing too much at once. Also I am sure if you had the microbes in soil that were healthy, your roots could would work more efficient at absorbing nutes slowly without damage. I would flush, add azomite. Mix in a glass of water and add to soil. This will help you absorb nutes left in soil. Have you made worm teas before? This will help your soil and add microbes needed to break fert down effectively. You cannot burn with worm castings so grab a big bag. Stuff in old pillow case. Get large large tote and fill with water. If you have access to airstones and air pump... even better. Place pillow case on airtsones and then add some molasses. 24-48 hours you now have a worm tea that will ph the soil for you. I always add worm tea to my girls every second water. I never ph the outdoor girls and well water is 7. Microbes in soil do the work and automatically ph it to it's liking. Why I love organic : ) Once they have bounced back you can add the gaja green to an old sock and add to tote. I actually add more this way and never had a def or burn. I assure you that they will love you if you put the extra into it. I use exactly what you use but have a different feed program. Mimic what you see works and you should have good if not great results. Deficiencies can be a bitch if you chase them. I try not to. I would rather burn a little to know how much works than have a def. I am not 100% dialed in but I am always learning and hopefully I can help you in the process.
Yea I'll invest in some worm and molasses to help the soil also look into Azomite

she was feed the 4-4-4 about 2/3 weeks now and that's when she started the turn...at 1st though it was from stress had a heat swing...and cut some clones from her...then yesterday I feed some CAL MAX.

I hope it was a build up of nuts and a good flush will fix her..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

well flushed it with 6.3 run off came out 6.3 and 3550 ppm

maybe salt build up ? does that make sense with the soil slurry test ppm being low
😯

I would say salt build-up yes,🤔 I would say extreme salt buildup LOL

But something doesn't seem right; if the PPM of your slurry test was 155

and then you did a flush and it was over 3500 something's not right in one or both of those readings??

Screenshot 20200718 201904 Chrome

Tech4523

Tech4523

😯

I would say salt build-up yes,🤔 I would say extreme salt buildup LOL

But something doesn't seem right; if the PPM of your slurry test was 155

and then you did a flush and it was over 3500 something's not right in one or both of those readings??

View attachment 1002223
Yes Slurry test of 1:2 mix was showing 145 on 1 sample and 155 on another. Both PH was about 7.

I ran about 5L or so and got 2 coffee cups of run off and both tested at 3350 ppm

could it be build up or ton of nutrients in the bottom of the pot...when they were younger I was afraid of over watering and wasn't watering till run off.

Tech4523

Tech4523

I can't see it be from over feeding.
Destiny Super soil Dark Matter is hot but was cut 50/50 with pro mix HP which I believe has nothing in it....the around week 5ish I top dressed with 2 Tbs for 3 gal of 4-4-4 recommend dose is 3 for 3 then yesterday ran the recommended dose 4ml to 1 L of water of Cal Max 2-0-0

I'm thinking with the water being around 8ph something got built up

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I can't see it be from over feeding.
Destiny Super soil Dark Matter is hot but was cut 50/50 with pro mix HP which I believe has nothing in it....the around week 5ish I top dressed with 2 Tbs for 3 gal of 4-4-4 recommend dose is 3 for 3 then yesterday ran the recommended dose 4ml to 1 L of water of Cal Max 2-0-0

I'm thinking with the water being around 8ph something got built up
The pH that high is what's locking out whatever that deficiency is

you need to run more than two coffee cups through to reset your soil, you need to run three times the pot volume

As I mentioned above there's something wrong with the number you posted; a slurry test wouldn't read that low if your runoff was that high

Tech4523

Tech4523

The pH that high is what's locking out whatever that deficiency is

you need to run more than two coffee cups through to reset your soil, you need to run three times the pot volume

As I mentioned above there's something wrong with the number you posted; a slurry test wouldn't read that low if your runoff was that high

yeah not sure why the slurry test is showing that...

I only ran about 5/6L of water all I had and run off was about 2 full coffee cups

I'll run another 10 edit *30 liters or so through it and see what's happens over the next days

Last edited:
Top Bottom