help! air cooled hood

• Thread starter HIGHLIFE420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HIGHLIFE420

need help guys i have a 6 inch air cooled hood and need to know where should i put the inline fan should i push air threw hood or pull air threw hood the fan is mounted in the wall just wanted to knowif it should be used as a pusher or a puller,should i mount fan on hood ???? thanx

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the fans are for pulling. since its only one hood tho and depending on how far your ducting goes it wouldn't hurt to push either i don't think. the fans were designed to pull tho

hubcap

hubcap

the fans are for pulling. since its only one hood tho and depending on how far your ducting goes it wouldn't hurt to push either i don't think. the fans were designed to pull tho

yup.
what he said.

odor control, farmer highlife?

sky high

sky high

I push through my light system. Sourcing fresh air from outside the grow and pushing thr ough/over your grow won't pick up any smell whereas if you pull air through you will pick up odors along the way and will have to scrub that airflow or it's gonna stink.

The fan..nor the manufacturer warrantying the fan will care/know if you pushed or pulled. I've searched/looked around over the years and I have never found anywhere in any manufacturer's literature that states that these fans are only intended to pull....not push the air through a system

anyone else located such info anywhere?

s h

R

Radio_Dread

i also pull. air gets pulled through my carbon filter through my light and out the vent

H

HIGHLIFE420

since i have ure attention heres where im at with my rooms.i have 2 rooms a vege room an a flower room.i have an ac in flower room only but need to cool vegg room in summer time i have a 4 inch in line fan pullin air out of flower room with a duct to vegge room with an additional 4 in inline fan pullin air in vegg room i use ac as a intake for flower room and i have a 6 inch inline fan exhausting air out of vegge room just want to know if people have done this and is this a good idea and thanx for help

Giddeon

Giddeon

I use a smaller size fan like a 4, 6 or 8" inline to push the air at the beginning of the ducting for the lights and a larger fan pulling on the other end like a 8, 10 or 12".

M

mMmTHC

I have a 6" fan I take air from out side and push it throu my light.. Only thing that sucks is.. From out side i hear a sucking noise..Can that be fixed if i put my fan after my light? and let it suck the air thru the light?

S

SRHninja

i thought you was suppose to be pulling the the cold air over the light?

M

mMmTHC

so its pulling the air not pushing it thru the light.. On the light how do you know witch end is correct? or there both the same>?

subieslow

subieslow

if you trying to keep temp down with a fan, it seems you would want to suck the hot air out.....otherwise you maybe pushing air.......but it's just get heated up by the light then ending up in your grow room not out outside......and if your outside temp is not that really low which it probably isn't if you are having heat problems.....it seems like a bad idea and you will be heating up your room.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

i also pull. air gets pulled through my carbon filter through my light and out the vent

Ditto, here. If you got one fan on the job, I always was under the impression that use it to suck, not blow. If 2 fans, then a fan sandwich is in order.

Mud Man

Mud Man

I Pull out with minimal bends and suspend on ropes for no vibrationzzz! .. my buddy pushes and pulls ?? good luck

K

Kpezzy

personal pref brotha, it doesn't matter to the fan witch way it is used, the fan does both every time it is turned on "pushing and pulling"

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

It really depends on where you live and what your goal is. I live in the mountains, at this point and time one eight inch fan will easily cool five lights when pushing fresh air from outside through the lights. This makes them cool to the touch and allows the plants to grow much closer to the top. you do have to clean the glass every other week or so though.

Top Bottom