Help! Are these bananas or am I tripping?

• Thread starter Sirgreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sirgreenthumb

Sirgreenthumb

This is my first grow idk if I’m just being paranoid or not but was looking at my gg#4 plant through my jewelry Loupe and it looked like what appeared to be bananas only seen it on that one bud on the whole plant. It was a feminized seed indoor grow in a gorilla tent none of my other plants have appeared to hermy not sure if this is or how bad it is.. looking for some help advice please! If I’m overplaying it cool if not bad are they? Do I need to remove it from thes rest of my crop? Can I just cut them out? Like I said I’m a beginner trying to do the best I can but don’t have much past experience in identifying this kinda thing. They are super small I wouldn’t have seen them without my 60x

Help are these bananas or am i tripping
Help are these bananas or am i tripping 2
Help are these bananas or am i tripping 3
Help are these bananas or am i tripping 4
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Natural lighting will help to see the colors. Could be just new sugar leaf growth. Are they very yellow?

Sirgreenthumb

Sirgreenthumb

They look kinda lime green super small only noticed on just that one side of that one cola the rest of the plant doesn’t appear to have any but like I said I’m just to new to have that keen eye all I have is pics online I’ve seen as comparisons but what I’ve looked up mine aren’t near that yellow or that big or widespread. Just not trying to ruin my first crop if it is. If they are bananas will they pollinate all over including other plants? Or will it just form seeds in that area of that cola? I haven’t seen any pollen sacks like it went full herm or anything

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

the old way of feming, ruined the gene pool, forever. the new way, imparts only xx chroms. never know what ur getting... in a fem line, between the two. males, are a gift...

you're doing a wonderful job, by the way. don't b discouraged. it's nothing you did. worst case... you get seeds of something u already didn't mind growing, from the breeder... if your gals were sourced, commercially, mind name dropping so i can cross em off my Christmas list?
i like my strength in genetics... i ♡ MEN!!! ewe... nm... that sounds...

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Yup, sorry. FWIW, I would stick to standard genetics, as nature intended lol he/she is beautiful at least lol but it has to go

Cheers

Rooke

Rooke

This is my first grow idk if I’m just being paranoid or not but was looking at my gg#4 plant through my jewelry Loupe and it looked like what appeared to be bananas only seen it on that one bud on the whole plant. It was a feminized seed indoor grow in a gorilla tent none of my other plants have appeared to hermy not sure if this is or how bad it is.. looking for some help advice please! If I’m overplaying it cool if not bad are they? Do I need to remove it from thes rest of my crop? Can I just cut them out? Like I said I’m a beginner trying to do the best I can but don’t have much past experience in identifying this kinda thing. They are super small I wouldn’t have seen them without my 60x
Heya farmer where did you get your seeds from? You have a keen eye good on you for catching it early. Keep a close eye on your other plants if you can take your plant to another location and pull all the nanners off of it and let it finish you can salvage some smoke off of it. I feel for you buddy it sucks! But we have all experienced this at one time or another. Hang in there btw nice job on them shit happens

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Once we see a “nanner” it has already released pollen if it has any. Nanners are basically the inside pollen holding part of the male flower. If you pry open a “ball” from a reversal or a male it has a bunch of nanners inside.

No way to know if it had no viable pollen or a weak pollen than makes a seed or a few near it or below in a lower bud. Or if it was strong and the pollen got farther.

All you can do is pick them off. Fix whatever stress in the room is causing them and hope for the best.

And dont listen to the fem seed horror bs. Plenty of poorly bred regs out there too. And plenty of elite difficult to grow strains like sour diesel and chemdog that tend to reverse some. Gorilla glue is a decendent of sour diesel i believe.

But i think its worth the risk. Picky plants tend to have better highs. Such is life.

R

redshift75

Once we see a “nanner” it has already released pollen if it has any. Nanners are basically the inside pollen holding part of the male flower. If you pry open a “ball” from a reversal or a male it has a bunch of nanners inside.

No way to know if it had no viable pollen or a weak pollen than makes a seed or a few near it or below in a lower bud. Or if it was strong and the pollen got farther.

All you can do is pick them off. Fix whatever stress in the room is causing them and hope for the best.

And dont listen to the fem seed horror bs. Plenty of poorly bred regs out there too. And plenty of elite difficult to grow strains like sour diesel and chemdog that tend to reverse some. Gorilla glue is a decendent of sour diesel i believe.

But i think its worth the risk. Picky plants tend to have better highs. Such is life.
I was just about to comment why the hate over fem seeds? That would be a first ive heard it in a negative light.

growsince79

growsince79

I was just about to comment why the hate over fem seeds? That would be a first ive heard it in a negative light.
40 years ago herms were very rare. I remember putting a strobe light in the room to force it and couldn't make it herm. Nowadays it's hard to find plants that won't herm when stressed enough. That's because fem seeds are made by herms and are more prone to herming themselves. Herms begat herms. Just say no to fem seeds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

40 years ago herms were very rare. I remember putting a strobe light in the room to force it and couldn't make it herm. Nowadays it's hard to find plants that won't herm when stressed enough. That's because fem seeds are made by herms and are more prone to herming themselves. Herms begat herms. Just say no to fem seeds.

No its not. Plants didnt reverse because they were well stress tested. The old feminized seed companies from the late 90’s and early 2000’s properly bred their plants.

Many companies today are not doing any actual breeding other than crossing an elite clone to the same male every time. No stress testing and small spaces so no fully mature plants to pick proper phenos.

So basically they charge $100? $200 for a pack of pollen chucked seeds.

growsince79

growsince79

No its not. Plants didnt reverse because they were well stress tested. The old feminized seed companies from the late 90’s and early 2000’s properly bred their plants.

Many companies today are not doing any actual breeding other than crossing an elite clone to the same male every time. No stress testing and small spaces so no fully mature plants to pick proper phenos.

So basically they charge $100? $200 for a pack of pollen chucked seeds.
40 years ago, seed companies didn't even exist. When they did start mail order in the late eighties, nobody I know was brave enough to order them. We grew seeds from bag weed and friends seeds. Some were more potent than anything I have or can find today. I never even saw a herm until 87-88

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

40 years ago, seed companies didn't even exist. When they did start mail order in the late eighties, nobody I know was brave enough to order them. We grew seeds from bag weed and friends seeds. Some were more potent than anything I have or can find today. I never even saw a herm until 87-88

Sorry i didnt register the 40 years. But i never saw any seedless weed til the mid 80’s. And it was not common and it was expensive.

Landrace sativas reverse easily.

So what and where and how did you grow sensimille in the 70’s?

growsince79

growsince79

Sorry i didnt register the 40 years. But i never saw any seedless weed til the mid 80’s. And it was not common and it was expensive.

Landrace sativas reverse easily.

So what and where and how did you grow sensimille in the 70’s?
LOL Used florescent lights in basement until I got my first 400w MH in 83-84? I read somewhere that landrace sativa's like to herm. Funny thing is, I've grown landrace Colombian, Mexican, Panamanian, Jamaican, and Hawaiian. and never had a herm. My first herm was a freakish looking Thai in 87.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LOL Used florescent lights in basement until I got my first 400w MH in 83-84? I read somewhere that landrace sativa's like to herm. Funny thing is, I've grown landrace Colombian, Mexican, Panamanian, Jamaican, and Hawaiian. and never had a herm. My first herm was a freakish looking Thai in 87.

The guys I knew back then grew seedy weed and even bricked it like mexican import.

But it all changed pretty quick in the late 80’s for strains and methods.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

What does landrace mean? Just curious. I guess I could google it but though I would ask. LOL

Top Bottom