HELP! Are these POLLEN SACS?!

• Thread starter 420DankBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

This is the most herm plant I've ever saw, hands down.

A landrace Thai.

If you want some really dank seeds ponky that won't go Hermie, Ill send you a package of them for free. Multiple cultivars.

You can flower the fuckers in near 24 hour sunlight, if you like. There that resistant.
That's a robust looking Thai. I'm in Canada and all my packages get flagged still. I am curious about finally finding a hybrid or sativa or even a non kush indica. And I do appreciate the generous offer. And breeders that have the good landrace genetics do tend to have the nicest shaped plants.

growsince79

growsince79

When you buy a pack of seeds the herms mean they didn't breed it right. And they've robbed you. So you destroy that lineage. Unless you plan of breeding those seeds and trying to eventually get rid of the herm trait. No. Good weed is bred from landrace strains. All plants can be made to drop seeds. Most plants that just drop seeds anyway are a waste of your time. Back breeding is the future. Cookie gloopy poopy cake fart dream candy corn strains that you buy that drop seeds are just a scam. If you want seeds use regs and colloidal silver or just wait them out. If you grew some weed with seeds and have decided the weed is sooooo good you need to destroy those seeds and figure out the bias that had you thinking smoking that seed weed was good. When you know you hate weed with seeds. The more people keep nonsense mail order garbage genetics going the more diluted the pool gets. Breed responsibly. Never feel feelings for a plant. Sensimilia or nothing.
I have some very good weed bred from a landrace Colombian strain. Only grew 2 so far - fastest growing, most vigorous plants I ever saw. Still have some frozen pollen I plan to try on stinky macriddle and LSD in a few weeks.
this was day 59 from sprout.

Last edited:
OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge. Heat and Light stress are the two most common causes of a marijuana plant turning into a hermie PERIOD.

“One house”. That is to say that monoecious plants have both male and female flowers on the same plant, but not the same blossom.

The two types of flowers are distinct on a monoecious plant. Monoecious plants are also sometimes referred to as hermaphrodites since they have both male and female reproductive organs. This however is only accurate if both are on the same, perfect flower. A classification of “bisexual” is more accurate when the plant produces both male and female flowers separately.

Lets lay this mythos to rest.

Most (all species) of plants are monoecious, meaning that individuals have both female and male structures. In flowering plants
Cannabis gets its own category here since it can be either monoecious or dioecious. https://www.maximumyield.com/are-cannabis-plants-monecious-or-dioecious/2/5095

Simply put, cannabis exist in nature as Both. Nothing inferior whatsoever, sensitive, or easily light stressed would likely be a far more accurate term. I would argue we more often than not, dismiss as inferior; is labeled as such; with bias; ignorance of the facts, on our part. ie. misinterpretation and frustration; nothing more.

Sometimes; it's good to re-evaluate what were doing. Take a good look around, and see if there's something that was overlooked, or missed. New things that can be learned. Broaden our horizon's. I've thrown many a strain; thinking it was genetic, when it was actually, me. No longer.

Bingo! Some of the worlds best cultivars descend from

Sour D, Blueberry, Skunk, Northern Lights (along with almost every strain out of Alaska)
Then we can sit and talk about landrace sativas; that's a subject in it's own right.
Would you not consider the presence of both sexual organs as monoecious though?
Just asking, curious myself, thought I'd ask.

Certainly agree dioecious cannabis plants exist. More than people give them credit for.
And when you buy seeds and they herm they're trash. Because the breeding work should already be done before they sell the product. I mean unless they label them as seedy bud. If the bud has seeds you don't want it. If you're going to try and breed the trait out of some seeds that's great. But the point stands. If you want to smoke good weed then don't waste your time with buds that drop seeds. Let someone else breed the product until it is good, then buy it. And name the place that sold you the product. So no one else buys it.
Agree with you, I avoid them like the plague too. Plant selection is extremely important.

Though I'm of the belief the trait has been in the gene pool for so long, that it's a part of cannabis DNA. Some phenotypes are likely to carry the gene, no matter how good the breeding is.

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

Certainly agree dioecious cannabis plants exist. More than people give them credit for.

Agree with what you're, I avoid them like the plague too. Plant selection is extremely important.

Though I'm of the belief the trait has been in the gene pool for so long, that it's a part of cannabis DNA. Some phenotypes are likely to carry the gene, no matter how good the breeding is.
I did spend time reading up on and studying the consequences of fem of fem breeding. And after I satisfied my curiosity I settled on poor quality seeds being a problem I the indoor marijuana seed market. And there was a good 2 hour documentary I watched where guys went around the world buying landrace seeds. And they tried to create versions of classics. So I assume you can correct a damaged lineage with back breeding. Or going from an OG backed cross to a Pakistani landrace instead. Then breeding the group back and forth. But I can't start breeding as the clone guys stuff is still better than anything I've gotten.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Just asking, curious myself, thought I'd ask.

Agree with you, I avoid them like the plague too. Plant selection is extremely important.

Yes, selection is extremely important; but avoiding herm can be done with a little brainpower, by selecting proper cultivars.

It depends, on the source of both sexual organs; if strict timing protocols, in the absence of all extraneous stressors, possibly, yes. I'm not suggesting it's not something that happens, it does. But I think it's far more rare than we generally think.

But you certainly can't tell something's herm from a single grow attempt, it would have to be demonstrated over and over again, and when I'm talking light stress for some of these cultivars, I'm talking about having a staging area, that's kept dark at all times, and that not a trace of light ever gets past that canopy during lights off. ie. not even a single min, over the entire flowering time, especially during the first 4 weeks, or so. Depending on flowering times, and length of the stretch, cause that's when it's most likely too occur.

That's not even mentioning all the other heat, too close light, wrong spectrum and multitudes of chemical means by which I can induce male flowers to show themselves. I make females male, (out of females) on a regular basis, for a purpose. So I see in real time how easily it's done for some cultivars, and how difficult it can be feminizing resistant ones.

I focus primarily here on feminizing the most resistant strains available. But ones that meet my criteria with other traits, like trichome density, flowering times, phenotype, node spacing, vigor, ect. Some turn with ease, while others are exceptionally resistant.

Sativa landraces in general are among the worst Problem Childs. There also among the longest flowering varieties available, and generally exist in nature as both.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

It depends, on the source of both sexual organs; if strict timing protocols, in the absence of all extraneous stressors, possibly, yes. I'm not suggesting it's not something that happens, it does. But I think it's far more rare than we generally think.

But you certainly can't tell something's herm from a single grow attempt, it would have to be demonstrated over and over again, and when I'm talking light stress for some of these cultivars, I'm talking about having a staging area, that's kept dark at all times, and that not a trace of light ever gets past that canopy during lights off. ie. not even a single min, over the entire flowering time, especially during the first 4 weeks, or so. Depending on flowering times, and length of the stretch, cause that's when it's most likely too occur.

That's not even mentioning all the other heat, too close light, wrong spectrum and multitudes of chemical means by which I can induce male flowers to show themselves. I make females male, (out of females) on a regular basis, for a purpose. So I see in real time how easily it's done for some cultivars, and how difficult it can be feminizing resistant ones.

I focus primarily here on feminizing the most resistant strains available. But ones that meet my criteria with other traits, like trichome density, flowering times, phenotype, node spacing, vigor, ect.
I grew clones once that only hermed from spidermites.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That's a robust looking Thai. I'm in Canada and all my packages get flagged still. I am curious about finally finding a hybrid or sativa or even a non kush indica. And I do appreciate the generous offer. And breeders that have the good landrace genetics do tend to have the nicest shaped plants.
Well I don't know if I can get them pass, could certainly try; Some of these have some Kush background, but the one's I put up are mostly Gorilla Glue crosses, all turned out amazingly well, some of the best stuff I've done to date.

I'm also here in Seattle, so if your on the west coast, maybe there's another way, perhaps. I was up that way once earlier this year. Maybe it can labeled as a cultural exchange. 🤣

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

I focus primarily here on feminizing the most resistant strains available. But ones that meet my criteria with other traits, like trichome density, flowering times, phenotype, node spacing, vigor, ect. Some turn with ease, while others are exceptionally resistant.

Sativa landraces in general are among the worst Problem Childs. There also among the longest flowering varieties available, and generally exist in nature as both.
Thanks for the informative response Frankster,

If I may offer a hypothetical scenario.
Let's say I have my favorite cut of cannabis that doesn't express both sexual organs, unless something about my growing environment changes.
As good as this cutting may be, wouldn't the cutting and individual plant it was taken from be regarded monoecious. On the basis that the capability to grow both sexual organs willingly and naturally is there?

Really like your approach with the darkroom. Really great idea, never heard of doing it that way!

Cheers for the insight.

Ponky

Ponky

Well I don't know if I can get them pass, could certainly try; Some of these have some Kush background, but the one's I put up are mostly Gorilla Glue crosses, all turned out amazingly well, some of the best stuff I've done to date.

I'm also here in Seattle, so if your on the west coast, maybe there's another way, perhaps. I was up that way once earlier this year. Maybe it can labeled as a cultural exchange. 🤣
If you hid the seeds inside out parts maybe. Maybe. But yeah they poke 100% of everything I order. :( pretty sure it was after I ordered some chemicals or industrial filters. Ever since then. And customs "Holds" that last 3 weeks on basically anything electronic. My hope is they think I'm a diesel shop selling banned Emissions delete stuff. Cuz it sucks.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Herms only happen to genetically inferior plants. Always kill the genetically inferior examples in your room.Destroy the entire lineage. Start with fresh DNA.
Cannabis is an annual dioecious (unisexual) flowering plant and like every dioecious plant on earth it can hermaphrodite. That trait is present in every single strain that ever existed fyi. F1 breedings have a higher likelihood of Herming because it hasnt been stabilized. 90% of the time when a plant Herms it’s because of either environmental stressors, a new F1 line, or feminized seeds which are created by causing a plant to herm on purpose.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
If you hid the seeds inside out parts maybe. Maybe. But yeah they poke 100% of everything I order. :( pretty sure it was after I ordered some chemicals or industrial filters. Ever since then. And customs "Holds" that last 3 weeks on basically anything electronic. My hope is they think I'm a diesel shop selling banned Emissions delete stuff. Cuz it sucks.
Whatever, a bunch of Nazi's looking for seeds when cannabis is legal is silly, just wants to make me, make a point. Fucking Canukastan, The US will try to impose some sort of trademark, or regulatory loops to keep the average joe screwed too, eventually; while they hand it over to capitalism.

Shit makes me sick. It's a fucking plant.

Top Bottom