HELP ASAP- Overly concentrated EXEL LG spray

• Thread starter The HC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The HC

The HC

I used way too much of Exel LG Systemic Fungicide misreading the label what do I do?

I just rushed out and was able to wipe a good portion off. I sprayed it last night. Is flushing the next step in order.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did you spray it, or did you use it as a root drench? If as a spray, you could literally wash it off. If as a root drench then you would need to flush, but I wouldn't recommend flushing with just water, I would use a mild nutrient solution so as to not shock the plant too hard.

How do the plants look? That's the most important thing right now.

And, btw, thanks for making your thread title make sense in context with the actual question. Thanks for not posting just the word "HELP!" or something similarly useless.

The HC

The HC

The crop looks alright, and I didn't put it on liberally and there still were spiders making their daily cobwebs for me to clear.

The HC

The HC

Red spots appeared on a few leaves on only one plant, I tore them off.

M

MIway

This is an odd product to be using on weed... older one that was used to suppress root rot & just learned they treat potatoes with it (post harvest) to ward off forms of blight... essentially phosphorous acid that has been bonded.

What were you using it for? They say that crops treated with this are resistant for years... like it doesn't exactly go away...???

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, MIW, now I'm a bit confused. I thought this was a Tx for fungul diseases (mostly PM). But based on this...? It sounds like he's Txing for spider mites.
The crop looks alright, and I didn't put it on liberally and there still were spiders making their daily cobwebs for me to clear.

Red spots appeared on a few leaves on only one plant, I tore them off.
I think you're Txing for spider mites (spiders alone are not a problem), and Excel LG isn't the Txment for those.

The HC

The HC

No I was using it on Powder Mold.

I pointed out the cobwebs as a sign that I hopefully didn't poison it.

M

MIway

Been reading a bit more on it... and Exel LG isn't overly effective for Powdery Mildew. It's really known for fighting off water borne pathogens... water molds, e.g., Downy Mildew... totally different than PM. You might have some continued problems.

Are they looking any better from the overapp?

Top Bottom