Help before my flowers are ruined plz!

• Thread starter TNToothpick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Having a problem here and it’s getting worse. 4-1/2 weeks into flower now and this started a couple weeks ago. When I noticed it and some burnt tips I figured overfed so I flushed with ph’d water about a week ago then gave plain ph’d water and not looking any better. Problem is it looks like K deficiency but with nute burn. Also even after flushing and watering with ph’d water a few days later my soil meter will read around 7.5-8. Transplanted into FFOF around 5 weeks ago. Fed lightly 2 times with FF nute trio. Now it’s getting near the buds and I don’t want to ruin these pretty flowers.

Help before my flowers are ruined plz
Help before my flowers are ruined plz 2
Help before my flowers are ruined plz 3
Help before my flowers are ruined plz 4
Help before my flowers are ruined plz 5
Help before my flowers are ruined plz 6
TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Also forgot to add that I am watering in the morning so I’m trying to decide do I need to add nutes or straight water more. Thanks for any help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Over fed then heavily flushed will likely kill or at least severely impact the microbes. First you see toxicity then you see deficiency because it's these bacteria that break down the organic nutrients in order to be available for uptake by the plants. I suggest buying an innnoculant if beneficial bacteria and fungi to help replenish the lost colonies. Never fed a prefertilized soil more nutrients unless the plants are showing signs of deficiency. More nutrients doesn't make plants grow any bigger or faster so all we need to do is give them enough not more than enough as you see it's will usually result in issues.

All those damages leaves will not get better and they will get worse. All you can do now is try to get things back in order.

What is the water source you are using?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Aqua man has much more patience that me. I’d cut em, hang em, learn from it, and move on lol. But he’s right. The good news is you are ambering out. You can see it so you’re not that far away from bud anyway. Whichever way you go, you’ll end up with smoke.

TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Over fed then heavily flushed will likely kill or at least severely impact the microbes. First you see toxicity then you see deficiency because it's these bacteria that break down the organic nutrients in order to be available for uptake by the plants. I suggest buying an innnoculant if beneficial bacteria and fungi to help replenish the lost colonies. Never fed a prefertilized soil more nutrients unless the plants are showing signs of deficiency. More nutrients doesn't make plants grow any bigger or faster so all we need to do is give them enough not more than enough as you see it's will usually result in issues.

All those damages leaves will not get better and they will get worse. All you can do now is try to get things back in order.

What is the water source you are using?

Ok, I’m using tap water that I let sit for 24hrs with ppm’s around 110 and ph~ 7.5 that I adjust with lemon juice to ~6.5. When I flushed I flushed outside with water hose then ran the ph’d water through it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, I’m using tap water that I let sit for 24hrs with ppm’s around 110 and ph~ 7.5 that I adjust with lemon juice to ~6.5. When I flushed I flushed outside with water hose then ran the ph’d water through it.
pH sounds high but it will come down once the organics start to break down into available nutrients. You gonna have to get them some microbes and in the meantime some enzymes like komplete will help get some nutrients available for them. I'm using Raw microbes but there are plenty out there.

I'm not gonna lie this is going to hurt your quality and yield but if you learn from it then its not wasted. It sucks but imo spending some time to finish it out will give you a bit more knowledge and that's invaluable.

TNToothpick

TNToothpick

pH sounds high but it will come down once the organics start to break down into available nutrients. You gonna have to get them some microbes and in the meantime some enzymes like komplete with help get some nutrients available for them. I'm using Raw microbes but there are plenty out there.

I'm not gonna lie this is going to hurt your quality and yield but if you learn from it then its not wasted. It sucks but imo spending some time to finish it out will give you a bit more knowledge and that's invaluable.

Awesome. Thank you very much. I am definitely going to ride it out to the end and continue absorbing all of the knowledge I can. I have clones started from this first grow that hopefully will go better using what I am learning now. I’m happy already with what I’ve got going already for my first real grow. Again, all of your tips are very much appreciated sir.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your looking about a week or so for recovery. Let them dry well now. If you can't get microbes or enzymes it's not the end of the world at this point. Always good to have one hand are a benefit to any grow but your plants will recover. They will draw on stores nutrients for now. Once the media dries a water with some simple cal mag will help. It contains some available nitrogen also but don't water till they dry out now. It will make things worse for nutrient uptake, microbes and transpiration as you will starve the latter 2 of oxygen.

TNToothpick

TNToothpick

Your looking about a week or so for recovery. Let them dry well now. If you can't get microbes or enzymes it's not the end of the world at this point. Always good to have one hand are a benefit to any grow but your plants will recover. They will draw on stores nutrients for now. Once the media dries a water with some simple cal mag will help. It contains some available nitrogen also but don't water till they dry out now. It will make things worse for nutrient uptake, microbes and transpiration as you will starve the latter 2 of oxygen.

Ok great. That works out because my moisture is reading very dry at the roots right now and I just got some cal-mag in so I’ll be adding that with my watering in the morning and I’ll also get some enzymes and microbes to add to my kit.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No need to add microbes or enzymes or anything. If the plants were heavily flushed with a garden hose (try not to do that. Too much pressure and water at once will compact the soil heavily unless it is mixed 50/50 with perlite or more) then the nutrients were washed out a lot and the plants needed a light feed poured through after. A light grow ratio complete feed works best for recovery.

Otherwise the plants got overfed and then washed out to stop overfeeding but are left with nothing to keep growing on.

Also with potting soil it likely stayed wet a long time after flush and it is important not to water again too soon. Easy to overwater sick plants.

TNToothpick

TNToothpick

No need to add microbes or enzymes or anything. If the plants were heavily flushed with a garden hose (try not to do that. Too much pressure and water at once will compact the soil heavily unless it is mixed 50/50 with perlite or more) then the nutrients were washed out a lot and the plants needed a light feed poured through after. A light grow ratio complete feed works best for recovery.

Otherwise the plants got overfed and then washed out to stop overfeeding but are left with nothing to keep growing on.

Also with potting soil it likely stayed wet a long time after flush and it is important not to water again too soon. Easy to overwater sick plants.

I was careful and flushed slowly the same as I do when I water and my soil is mixed with perlite. But yes I probably still washed most everything out. My soil moisture gauge is reading very dry at the roots now. I’m about to give a light feeding with bloom nutes and cal-mag. Wish me luck.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was careful and flushed slowly the same as I do when I water and my soil is mixed with perlite. But yes I probably still washed most everything out. My soil moisture gauge is reading very dry at the roots now. I’m about to give a light feeding with bloom nutes and cal-mag. Wish me luck.

Ok. Good luck. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom