Help! Broken Humidifier

• Thread starter cowboyup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyup

Alright so it's not major... but it is in a way. I broke my dehumidifier today as I was refilling it so now instead of another target brand I'm looking for something that can keep humidity up in a L shape room. The length of the straight part is 9 ft by 5 ft and when it turns it's 8 ft by 5 ft height is roughly 6 ft. It's my veg mother and clone room. Any input? Brands. Gph. Quality. Experience. Length of use.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Idk, but if it's yer veg/clone/mother room you will benefit from higher humidity levels. Clones and young veging plants like AND need higher RH up to 80% as long as you dont have a pre existing condition like mold growing on your walls b4 you shouldn't worry. Just bring in a fan or two to keep the air in movement. Like that the spores cant settle down and colonize. Good luck.

C

cowboyup

I got a sweet set up. Flower room is a 8x8x8 4 hps 1000w 8" blockbuster hoods. 2 wall fans. 12000btu ac carb filter with can fan 745 on floor 2 can fans 745cfm blowing through the lights. Veg room small 6050btu ac 2 wall fans. 1 1000w and 2 4ft 4 bulb t5. With a 745 cfm can fan. The veg room is shaped like a L. But my humidity is 52. And my Temps never over 78 in both rooms. Just looking for a good humidifier

Mr.X

Mr.X

OH shit !!!! My bad bro... lmfao !!! I thought you said DE humidifier. Ok, ok sounds sweet man. 12000 btu sounds like it might not B enough though. You took those temp readings while the lights were on? Runnin fo 12hrs ?

C

cowboyup

Well 9 hours in. I have a 745 cfm can fan running on 2 lights. And another 745cfm on the other 2. It's in a garage and vented out through the ceiling garage is super insulated so it gets about 82 during hot summer days. Forgot to add the sun sets on the side the garage is on.

C

cowboyup

But I do appreciate all the info for sure. I tried to post a pic of the humidifier on here but some reason it's not loading. I have another post "calling all bay area growers" and there's a pic there.

Mr.X

Mr.X

You might want 2 consider taking the glass off the hoods and going with @ least 18k BTU. You lose like 10% uvA and B rays with the glass + distance from canopy and yer talking bout somethin. You want those rays because they make the plant produce more resin. Presumably to protect it and for our enjoyment...

Mr.X

Mr.X

Hydrofarm makes a great 1, go to theyre website. Small compact, i think its called something with fogger or sumthin. Check out they're homepage.

C

cowboyup

Is that cool mist? Or steam? How big is it? I'll look it up. Thanks!

seaslug

seaslug

I'm still a fan of Essick Air six gallon evaporative humidifier. They discontinued it but still available from Amazon. I might buy a spare--I don't see a replacement model.
Essick Air 821-000 Digital Control Evaporative Console Humidifier

C

cowboyup

Well my veg and flower room are separate. My veg room is weird. It's a L shape. It's 9 feet long by 4 ft wide. Then the next part is 5 ft by 8ft. So I need something that can handle it.

seaslug

seaslug

I calculate your veg room as 456 cubic feet. My veg and flower rooms each have their own "swamp cooler". The veg room is 270 cu ft and the flower room is 1500 cubic feet.

I like being able to use tap water (city wells). Holmes bacteriostat is twice the strength of Essick Air. I use Essick Air bacteriostatic treatment at 5ml per gallon.

Last edited:
C

cowboyup

The height is only 6 ft tall. Idk it's weird the way it's setup. Then my flower room is 8x8x8

seaslug

seaslug

So from the first post the veg volume would be 510 cubic feet. Your flower room volume is 512 cubic feet.
Humidity spreads pretty evenly in a room except right next to the unit.

The evaporative humidifier only goes up to 65%, and I think that is only at low fan speed. I set my veg to 60% (it does the whole basement).

Last edited:
Top Bottom