Help!! Brown Edged Dry Brittle Waxy Looking Fan Leaves, Slow Growth.

• Thread starter Cottenmouth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

Can anyone help me nail this down. One of my mother's (cantaloupe kush) seems to have gotten sick. Her fans are waxy and brittle looking and are burnt around the edges. Leaves are curling as well as vey slow growth. She's in the same soil ( ocean forest ) as the rest of my mother's and was potted at the same time. Ph is about 6.0 definitely haven't nute burned her , I go light on my mother's and not as aggressive as with my clone and bloom. From what I've read it may be a root prob so tonight I watered with rhizo blast. She hasn't been needing as much water as late either . every other plant is healthy and I've never had a problem with this strain before.
Help brown edged dry brittle waxy looking fan leaves slow growth
Help brown edged dry brittle waxy looking fan leaves slow growth 2
pics attached . interested in your experience and opinions. Thanks much.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IME 6.0 is too low for soil, it needs to be between 6.2-68 or so, and can occasionally range outside those parameters.

I know you're saying she's not nute burned, but she looks nute burned to me. K+. However, I've never seen it quite like this, and I've never overfed a plant to the point of toxicities myself. And the fact that it appears to be mostly the newer growth may disallow K here and place this in the territory of an immobile element. Not Ca, IMO, I'd have to search.

If she hasn't been needing much water and she's a mom plant, then I'd whack her back hard in preparation for a repotting, where I would remove about 1/3 of the root mass after whacking back the leaf material.

EDIT: Go to this page of my Charts thread. In there, ShroomKing has posted some more graphic details of various nutrient-related problems in cannabis. The closest thing to this that I'm finding is a boron deficiency. Boron is absolutely vital for the plant to be able to utilize Ca, but the amounts required are literally trace. Do you have trace/micronutrients available or that you're feeding these plants?

B can possibly be supplemented by using borax (20 Mule Team) diluted in water. I'm talking VERY low amounts here. This is not a problem I have ever encountered, so more research would be needed.

Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

I use gen hydro flora series including grow bloom and micro , floralicious plus , rapid start , liquid cool bloom / dry cool bloom as a finish. I run my nuts per regular feeding for my mother's except I dilute a little more. So in this plants case she would be fed week 4 of the non aggressive growth chart in veg. Boron ... Hmmm.... She's been in the grow bag about 3 months . is it possible for nute buildup to burn her this way???

Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

IME 6.0 is too low for soil, it needs to be between 6.2-68 or so, and can occasionally range outside those parameters.

I know you're saying she's not nute burned, but she looks nute burned to me. K+. However, I've never seen it quite like this, and I've never overfed a plant to the point of toxicities myself. And the fact that it appears to be mostly the newer growth may disallow K here and place this in the territory of an immobile element. Not Ca, IMO, I'd have to search.

If she hasn't been needing much water and she's a mom plant, then I'd whack her back hard in preparation for a repotting, where I would remove about 1/3 of the root mass after whacking back the leaf material.

EDIT: Go to this page of my Charts thread. In there, ShroomKing has posted some more graphic details of various nutrient-related problems in cannabis. The closest thing to this that I'm finding is a boron deficiency. Boron is absolutely vital for the plant to be able to utilize Ca, but the amounts required are literally trace. Do you have trace/micronutrients available or that you're feeding these plants?

B can possibly be supplemented by using borax (20 Mule Team) diluted in water. I'm talking VERY low amounts here. This is not a problem I have ever encountered, so more research would be needed.
Plus I should add that all her neighbors in the same tent are getting the same treatment ( except headband) and all are very healthy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use gen hydro flora series including grow bloom and micro , floralicious plus , rapid start , liquid cool bloom / dry cool bloom as a finish. I run my nuts per regular feeding for my mother's except I dilute a little more. So in this plants case she would be fed week 4 of the non aggressive growth chart in veg. Boron ... Hmmm.... She's been in the grow bag about 3 months . is it possible for nute buildup to burn her this way???
Perhaps, I'd say it is possible but it is not something I've ever done. Being a mom she doesn't need much in the way of P or K, and my experience with the Koolbloom formulations is that a very little bit goes a very long way.

Here's the other thing--I've never seen or done a B-, so this is really me just guessing alongside you. Initially, to me, I thought, "Oh, this is a K+." But it's not mid-plant where the K issues tend to occur, it' the newer growth. Because it's newer growth, to my mind it's *got* to lead us to an immobile element. And so, with the searching, I landed on B.

I'm sorry I can't be more definitive than that.

As far as her neighbors, if they're a different strain, my reply is, "Welcome to multi-cropping."

Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

So , I bought a diff ph meter yesterday, just in case . calibrated it . flushed her again and tested the run off. Old meter reads 6.1 new meter reads 5.0 bothe read 7.0 in the same calibration solution. Guess what went in the trash.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So , I bought a diff ph meter yesterday, just in case . calibrated it . flushed her again and tested the run off. Old meter reads 6.1 new meter reads 5.0 bothe read 7.0 in the same calibration solution. Guess what went in the trash.
Do they do a 2 point calibration method, either meter? If so, do that method of calibration. It's how labs do it.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Mine has a 2 point calibration...I went to my local hydro store asked for the 2 part calibration kit. He said oh no we only sell ph 7 fluid no one uses 2 parts. He'd never heard of it. This is the guy who SOLD me the damn thing lol. Sorry long story to just say check what your being sold. Also it has never been accurate. Cost me a fortune and it's crap so watch what YOU buy.

Cottenmouth

Cottenmouth

I got the 7 and the 4 solution. First time at this shop. Went down kinda crazy , place looked like a complete junk shop . Inventory was all screwed up hole in the ceiling, the place was totally trashed well I wouldn't say trash but it was not maintained. Now mind you I'm already having problems. So I'm kinda sketched out the guy wants to talk, but he looks like a complete stoner. It's about closing time I'm his last customer, he actually stayed late for me. So hes locking up and told me take my time go ahead and look around. So I'm kind of browsing and we're talking about what meter I bought. ( millwakee ) He sells me the solution I'm getting ready to leave and he asked me if I want to burn the evidence. So I'm like sure why not, he pulls out his bag and just rolls 1 up on the counter so I do the same. don't you know I walked out of there with about 30 clones. Once he figured out we knew some mutual people ( i told him who sent me his way ) he loaded me up lol... Cool guy.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I got the 7 and the 4 solution. First time at this shop. Went down kinda crazy , place looked like a complete junk shop . Inventory was all screwed up hole in the ceiling, the place was totally trashed well I wouldn't say trash but it was not maintained. Now mind you I'm already having problems. So I'm kinda sketched out the guy wants to talk, but he looks like a complete stoner. It's about closing time I'm his last customer, he actually stayed late for me. So hes locking up and told me take my time go ahead and look around. So I'm kind of browsing and we're talking about what meter I bought. ( millwakee ) He sells me the solution I'm getting ready to leave and he asked me if I want to burn the evidence. So I'm like sure why not, he pulls out his bag and just rolls 1 up on the counter so I do the same. don't you know I walked out of there with about 30 clones. Once he figured out we knew some mutual people ( i told him who sent me his way ) he loaded me up lol... Cool guy.

Lucky you lol I think my guy would wonder what the fuck I was doing if I did that lol he's completey clueless. We don't get clones in stores over here. Bloody wish we did tho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mine has a 2 point calibration...I went to my local hydro store asked for the 2 part calibration kit. He said oh no we only sell ph 7 fluid no one uses 2 parts. He'd never heard of it. This is the guy who SOLD me the damn thing lol. Sorry long story to just say check what your being sold. Also it has never been accurate. Cost me a fortune and it's crap so watch what YOU buy.
What a fucking idiot, really? I hate being like this but that's a load of bullshit. Everyone who doesn't have their head firmly stuffed up their asses uses the 2pt calibration method. For Chrissakes.

Go online and find the proper 2pt calibration for your meter. Did you mention the brand meter? I can't recall.

I broke my Hanna trimeter, so I'm gonna have to replace but I'm going with Bluelab, just don't know which one yet.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

What a fucking idiot, really? I hate being like this but that's a load of bullshit. Everyone who doesn't have their head firmly stuffed up their asses uses the 2pt calibration method. For Chrissakes.

Go online and find the proper 2pt calibration for your meter. Did you mention the brand meter? I can't recall.

I broke my Hanna trimeter, so I'm gonna have to replace but I'm going with Bluelab, just don't know which one yet.

Oh it gets better....my first visit there before I knew he was an idiot he managed to sell me a shite meter....mind you tbh I was clueless too. There is no brand name on it but I paid £30 for it. They are on ebay for about £5. I'm saving up for a bluelab.

Top Bottom