Help! Budding early

• Thread starter magiccaldron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

magiccaldron

I took care of some clones for roughly 7 months, and I have recently moved them outside for outdoor cultivation. However, since I have moved them outside they have been budding voraciously. What, if anything, can I do to reverse this process? I am aware that the light cycle can induce the growing stage, but is there a "point of no return" where the plant will not revert from the flowering stage to growth stage?

vaporedout

vaporedout

i went through a little flowering outside, put mine out a lil early. i just kept the porch light on and they revegged. just if its gone into flower heavy, and you reveg, watch for signs of hermie

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If they are clones they are programmed to flower already. Its not like when you grow from seed. From seedling, the plants have a biological clock that tells them to grow for a certain amount of time, before they start to flower. This is why clones will start flowering right away when you put them outside. Their biological clock is running on the same program as the plant they were taken from.

You can reveg, but by the time they are done re vegging, and growing to the size you want, it may be too late in the season...

Take cuttings if you want to keep them, and let the ones outside be.

420bliss

420bliss

if they are 7 months old they should be pretty big, if they are get a light on them. some people use that as a technique for bushy plants. i read a thread before about a guy from Hawaii and sense they have a long(8month) and short(3month) season he would grow his plants in the short season let them bud then just cut off the tops and let the lower buds reveg and they would end up monster bushes!

M

Matt

don't worry i have the same problem with all of my outdoor plants right now 3 SourD and 1 BubbaOG just keep an eye out for hermie signs though...(like vapor said :)

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Don't worry man last year I got a spring harvest off reverted them and still go a great harvest in the fall they come out of it you still have a lot of veg time

Chobble

Chobble

If they are clones they are programmed to flower already. Its not like when you grow from seed. From seedling, the plants have a biological clock that tells them to grow for a certain amount of time, before they start to flower. This is why clones will start flowering right away when you put them outside. Their biological clock is running on the same program as the plant they were taken from.

You can reveg, but by the time they are done re vegging, and growing to the size you want, it may be too late in the season...

Take cuttings if you want to keep them, and let the ones outside be.

^^ This. This. This. It really isnt to big of a deal if they're showing some lady parts, hell it may help you get a little bit of an early harvest. If I was you, I would just prepare new plants instead of re-vegging those guys, It will be a lot faster, but start the new ones now.

Also holy shit you kept plants indoors for seven months?

Chobble

B

Badmf

Cap I don't agree that clones are "programmed" to flower as you could grow them in veg for quite some time, but if these were under typical indoor times of 18/6/or 24 they will trigger by the change in darkness. To put out clones under these conditions you must adjust them to the "new light schedules. Once out they desire to bloom as they believe it's fall arriving. Most folks do hope for your early budding to get a spring crop!! To go out they wait til May most times. Next ime phase em back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom