Help! Buds Are Too Dense I'm Getting Bud Mold

• Thread starter SativaD82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SativaD82

Okay I've been cultivating for close to a decade and ran into a lot of bud mold my last run. I setup a new room with alot of new equipment and I'm still trying to dial everything in. One friend said my buds are too dense and after harvest they can't breathe well enough so I end up with bud rot. What do u all think? I'm running LED fluence spydr x+. Rh is around mid to high 50s. Temp is steady at 75. I am growing in grodan cubes with a drip system feeding twice a day. I run a 3 part base, cal mag, floralicious + for my pk boosters I run bloombastic wks 4 thru 6 and koolbloom powder last week before flushing. Also I use superthrive all though out flower except when I add the koolbloom. My friend thinks running superthrive with bloombastic is making my buds too dense. Just wondering if it could be a nutrient thing and if I should dial back on anything.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you saying that the buds are fine through harvest and then rot while drying?

What is your method to dry? Sounds like the problem lies there. If I read your post right?

S

SativaD82

Are you saying that the buds are fine through harvest and then rot while drying?

What is your method to dry? Sounds like the problem lies there. If I read your post right?
We had bud mold prior to harvest and we cut out those affected buds. But when u breakdown a larger nug there would be just the beginning stages of mold forming in the bud. We break down the plants put them on hangers and remove all large fan leaves at harvest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We had bud mold prior to harvest and we cut out those affected buds. But when u breakdown a larger nug there would be just the beginning stages of mold forming in the bud. We break down the plants put them on hangers and remove all large fan leaves at harvest.

If there was already spawned mold and conditions are good it will always spread.

Look to airflow and don't stop until you read similar humidity all over the room.

And then clean the hell out of it in my opinion.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Clean out your room and fill two garden sprayers, one with peroxide and one with distilled white cleaning vinegar and spray one on top of the other in small spots at a time until you spray your whole room. Peracetic acid will kill the lingering spores and help keep your next grow from being infected, along with airflow.

Top Bottom