HELP! Can someone advise me, leaf curling

• Thread starter CrazyHaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CrazyHaze

Sorry mate now seig your message, I'm using canna coco

Im using the same... although im using Canno Coco Professional Plus. Its funny because despite people telling me that coco should be watered pretty much every other day... every day in some instances, but i have found that this stuff has very good water retention. There is a simply no way i need to water every day or even other day at the moment. The pots are still very heavy 2-3 days after a feed.

I actually got on google last night to see if i could ascertain exactly what is in the Pro Plus mix and im still finding that it is 100% coco. However, the detailing on Cannas website states that there is Coco Peat in the mix. Is Coco peat any different? No idea but theres definitely something different about it and the way it holds water after a feed.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Im using the same... although im using Canno Coco Professional Plus. Its funny because despite people telling me that coco should be watered pretty much every other day... every day in some instances, but i have found that this stuff has very good water retention. There is a simply no way i need to water every day or even other day at the moment. The pots are still very heavy 2-3 days after a feed.

I actually got on google last night to see if i could ascertain exactly what is in the Pro Plus mix and im still finding that it is 100% coco. However, the detailing on Cannas website states that there is Coco Peat in the mix. Is Coco peat any different? No idea but theres definitely something different about it and the way it holds water after a feed.
Same I'm using canna coco professional plus. I was reading the bag a few days ago and I could see anything..

But also same here I find my pots very heavy. I read they should feel heavy most or the time. But seems so wrong to me lol. So anyway I would just continue watering like people said, they where still growing fine but suddenly the leaf curl. Mine should be a little dyer today as i didn't water last night so hopefully by now or tonight the might look better I'll let you know.

You think letting tour dry fixed that leaf curl? You plants look very healthy fair play..

I could ask canna but their fucking useless, I rang then twice when I was having problems with my plants asking about cal-mag the woman twice said I don't know about this, and give me a email to ask and no reply. So this sounds dad but fuck canna once iv got coco mastered I'm going back onto my old cheap nutrients hopefully the go bankrupted lol

C

CrazyHaze

Same I'm using canna coco professional plus. I was reading the bag a few days ago and I could see anything..

But also same here I find my pots very heavy. I tewd they should feel heavy most or the t time. But seems so wrong to me lol. So anyway I would just continue watering like people said, they where still growing fine but suddenly the leaf curl. Mine be little dyer today ad didn't water last night so hopefully by now or tonight the might look better I'll let you know.

You think letting tour dry fixed that leaf curl? You plants look very healthy fair play

No i actually think my issue was either the light being just a tad too close (there are instances of downward curling for heat/light stress, it isnt hard and fast that they will always curl upwards) OR it was the humidity. The morning of noticing the curl, RH was through the roof outside (95%) and while my shed wasnt quite at those levels, it had reached the low 80s and thats right after a good drenching, that might have been just a little too high for plants of that age. Either way, it fixed itself in only a few hours which is why i think it was one of these two. I simply dont water enough for it to be over watering. Mine will be getting a good drenching tonight, its definitely time for it.

Thanks man, im pleased that people are saying they look healthy, being my first grow i am utterly clueless (although the amount of info i have read in the last 6 weeks has left me probably a lot less clueless than i really think i am).

Keep us posted with your issue, would like to see what works for you.

C

CrazyHaze

But also same here I find my pots very heavy. I read they should feel heavy most or the time. But seems so wrong to me lol. So anyway I would just continue watering like people said, they where still growing fine but suddenly the leaf curl. Mine should be a little dyer today as i didn't water last night so hopefully by now or tonight the might look better I'll let you know.

You think letting tour dry fixed that leaf curl? You plants look very healthy fair play..

I could ask canna but their fucking useless, I rang then twice when I was having problems with my plants asking about cal-mag the woman twice said I don't know about this, and give me a email to ask and no reply. So this sounds dad but fuck canna once iv got coco mastered I'm going back onto my old cheap nutrients hopefully the go bankrupted lol

Heres a question for you, on my journal, someone said my curl may have been wind burn (it definitely wasnt, my fan is pathetic, i need a new one) but they shared a picture of what they called "clawing" and i must say it looks kind of similar to yours, have you tried to may re-position your fan or turn it down? Just something else you can try that wont kill the plant!

EDIT: Heres the photo....

Wind burn

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

Heres a question for you, on my journal, someone said my curl may have been wind burn (it definitely wasnt, my fan is pathetic, i need a new one) but they shared a picture of what they called "clawing" and i must say it looks kind of similar to yours, have you tried to may re-position your fan or turn it down? Just something else you can try that wont kill the plant!
Ye mate i tried they few days ago didn't do anything. Just looked now they look a tad better I didn't water last night see, they still heavy and damp I want water today now aswell..

iv have the same set up for years fans light ect but with soil and i have had the same problems with soil but not ad bad and this was from setting up my auto pot before the root where fully developed so guess for me might be over watering,,iv sure its either over watering of was to heavy on the feed..

here or some pics from today.
IMG 20190906 124308
IMG 20190906 124320

and he's is my last coco grow I killed one didn't I lol. I like to kill one so the other can watch and then i say to thee others if you cause me any problems you know what will happen..
the last lot I didn't water as much and they didn't do it, son surely not watering for me, or they where to scared to lol.

the last lot

IMG 20190906 124529

IMG 20190906 124308
C

CrazyHaze

Ye mate i tried they few days ago didn't do anything. Just looked now they look a tad better I didn't water last night see, they still heavy and damp I want water today now aswell..

iv have the same set up for years fans light ect but with soil and i have had the same problems with soil but not ad bad and this was from setting up my auto pot before the root where fully developed so guess for me might be over watering,,iv sure its either over watering of was to heavy on the feed..

here or some pics from today.
View attachment 893751View attachment 893752

and he's is my last coco grow I killed one didn't I lol. I like to kill one so the other can watch and then i say to thee others if you cause me any problems you know what will happen..
the last lot I didn't water as much and they didn't do it, son surely not watering for me, or they where to scared to lol.

the last lot

View attachment 893755

Fair play - it can only be the watering then, definitely give them a few days before you go in for another good drenching. From what ive seen, letting the pot fully dry out is not going to do them any harm (think nature - some of the natural environments where canna grows can go for days without rain). It will also give you a definitive answer on whether or not its an over water because if it is, those leaves will straighten back out again once the plant uses up whats available to it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

C

CrazyHaze

Fair play - it can only be the watering then, definitely give them a few days before you go in for another good drenching. From what ive seen, letting the pot fully dry out is not going to do them any harm (think nature - some of the natural environments where canna grows can go for days without rain). It will also give you a definitive answer on whether or not its an over water because if it is, those leaves will straighten back out again once the plant uses up whats available to it.

Good luck and keep us posted!

How are they doing bro? Have you managed to bring them back to good health yet?

Top Bottom