HELP carbon filters

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

where is the cheapest place online to order a mountain air filter.thnx

or would u recommend a different filter?
do phresh filters work for heavy odor strains?

X

XmanN

I picked up a vaportek4000 with neutral scent for the grow room and the Vaportronic with lavender scent for the front room were i smoke after reading about it on icmag. When i got it i could smell it through the packaging and box. Haven't turned on the 4000 because I'm still in veg, so i guess the only thing i can vouch for is the Vaportronic. I can fog out my front room leave for 30mins and it smells like lavender when i get back. I live in apartment so fan noise is a problem for me. Just another option for you, check it out

http://www.vaportek.com/

B

Bobby Smith

where is the cheapest place online to order a mountain air filter.thnx

or would u recommend a different filter?
do phresh filters work for heavy odor strains?

My 6"x24" Phresh Filter kicks ass and takes names.

Thoroughly vouch for this product.

Super lightweight as well, which is a plus if you're hanging it in a tent (as I did).

Venom818

Venom818

52 people viewed this thread so far and only 2 people use carbon filters i really need to know some of your secrets

B

bigAl25

Yes I use a carbon filter, 4 inch and added the speed control for the fan. Helps but real stinky strains may need a sealed room which I do not have. Airflow at the top from floor joists space.

S

SSHZ

I'll second Phresh filters. I have an 8" X 24 and a 6" X 20 (i think) and they do a fine job. They'll last about 6 months longer (up to 18 months) than most other commercially available units, are lighter weight due to the use of aluminum, rather than steel, and are pretty cheap (Just bought a 6" for $160 delivered). The key is to use a strong enough fan to empty your room every couple minutes- I shoot for 3-4 minutes, but not overly strong that it stresses the filters by blowing to much thru it to quickly......

J

Jalisco Kid

Mountain aire is a good product Google to find the best price. You could go over to Wilmington by LB and buy carbon high quality cheap which is what I used to do. Now I use can filters 3 runs and give them away. JK

Edit you could take something like this and refill easier then what I used to do. Check out their prices of bulk carbon I have no clue of their prices. If you made/bought something like this then buy bulk carbon that would set you up for years of growing.

B

Bobby Smith

52 people viewed this thread so far and only 2 people use carbon filters i really need to know some of your secrets

There are no "secrets" to using a carbon filter.

Buy a quality one, attach it to a quality inline fan for exhaust, have a smaller inline fan for intake, and maintain negative pressure in your grow space.

Now what do I win?

S

SSHZ

The type of carbon used is most important. Many sold use cheap stuff that doesn't do the job. I'd say Phresh filter and Can filters are the best IMO.......

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

I have two of the 1.5'x4' Mountain Air with the 8" flange. Works like magic. They're supposed to last 3 years. Mine's been running 24/7 for 2 years, no smells whatsoever. Got them at Worms Way. $325 each. Probably not the cheapest place, but it wasn't too far away. Gotta love being able to walk in and pay cash.
Fred

S

Seismic

For what it's worth, I have been having pretty good success with my 8" X 24 Phresh paired up to my 8" Elicent, no smell issues at all. And as others have said, it's light weight is definitely a plus as I am hanging it up in a tent as well. Good luck with whichever you choose, as I have heard good stuff about Mtn. Air as well.

Fred Flintstoned

Fred Flintstoned

I think the Mountain Air and the Phresh are actually the same thing with a different badge. When looking at them together at the store, I can't see any difference . Even the pricing is almost identical.
Fred

Top Bottom