Help Choosing An Ac Unit For A 20 Light De Room

• Thread starter HairyRoots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Hello Farmers! Ive got a hand reaching out to you all. Im currently getting ready to move into my new house. Which i will be putting up just a couple gavitas in. Downstairs i have a U shape room. I will attach a drawing of the room so you guys can help with this. It will have 20 gavitas and will be a fresh air room. LOTS and LOTS of air exchange. In these cooler times most of my cooling will come from the outside. but i need ac for the summer and to just have a controlled environment. Im looking at the Excel Stealth systems. Im just not to experienced with any ac thats bigger than my window unit or little wheeler portable cooler. I they have a nice system with some extra goodies to add to it. and it seems like its an easy install so i want to go with excel unless one of you can convince me not too. This on specifically . What i don't know is how big do i go. will a 3 ton be ok or do i need a 5 ton. I will also have a garage that will have 15 gavitas in it. it is insulated and located directly above the other grow room. can one unit power both rooms. but be controlled individually. since neither room will be on together they will be on separate schedules.

thanks for any help and responses i need some education in the commercial environment setups.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

5 ton will do 10k I don't think that your going to have enough juice in a house to run anywhere near what your talking. How many amp service do you have?
Hello Farmers! Ive got a hand reaching out to you all. Im currently getting ready to move into my new house. Which i will be putting up just a couple gavitas in. Downstairs i have a U shape room. I will attach a drawing of the room so you guys can help with this. It will have 20 gavitas and will be a fresh air room. LOTS and LOTS of air exchange. In these cooler times most of my cooling will come from the outside. but i need ac for the summer and to just have a controlled environment. Im looking at the Excel Stealth systems. Im just not to experienced with any ac thats bigger than my window unit or little wheeler portable cooler. I they have a nice system with some extra goodies to add to it. and it seems like its an easy install so i want to go with excel unless one of you can convince me not too. This on specifically . What i don't know is how big do i go. will a 3 ton be ok or do i need a 5 ton. I will also have a garage that will have 15 gavitas in it. it is insulated and located directly above the other grow room. can one unit power both rooms. but be controlled individually. since neither room will be on together they will be on separate schedules.

thanks for any help and responses i need some education in the commercial environment setups.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

The X's are lights. not exactly centered because i did it in a hurry but you get the idea. each light has 5ft spacing.

IMG 4885
HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Ive got a full 200 amps available. max on at one time is 21 gavitas = max Amps 111.3 plus about 15-20amps in veg room running at same time. So max amps in lighting at one time is 131.3 another 20max for fans/pumps/misc so 151.3 amps a good guestimate for max amps before ac??

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If your talking gavita 1ks you need 10 tons of ac for 21k. I run 4 tons in each of my 8k gavita rooms and 8 tons in the 12k gavita rooms. I don't think a 200 amp service will do what your talking about. Are you planning on running 600watt or 1ks

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ive got a full 200 amps available. max on at one time is 21 gavitas = max Amps 111.3 plus about 15-20amps in veg room running at same time. So max amps in lighting at one time is 131.3 another 20max for fans/pumps/misc so 151.3 amps a good guestimate for max amps before ac??
I'm not an electrician but it's my understanding that your only supposed to use 80% of your service amps. I wouldn't push a 200 amp service past 160-175 amps

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Just to clarify I am in Colorado and this will be in a basement. Cooler environments already. Plus the air will be exchanged every few minutes I mean I'm trying to exchange the whole room in less then 5 min. Every 5 min. Exhaust and filter fans 24/7

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

This won't be my only room so I can't split it. When the lights in the basement are off the 15 gavitas in the garage will turn on.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

nice man, your dreaming big
you can do it purely with a air exchange if thats your thing, your going to need to move alot of air though

if it were me id throw in 2 5 tons (one in each room)
or 4 3 ton mini splits if your tight on space

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

nice man, your dreaming big
you can do it purely with a air exchange if thats your thing, your going to need to move alot of air thoughif it were me id throw in 2 5 tons (one in each room)
or 4 3 ton mini splits if your tight on space
I'd like to see a 21k gavita room cooled with air exchange only. If you figure it out let me know and I'll sell my 30 tons worth of acs. I appreciate the fact of dreaming big but so far this seems like a dream with no basis in reality the op ignores the facts like amps needed to run an operation like this. You suggested two 5 ton acs to cool the room but I don't think he has enough power to run one 5 ton let alone 2. If he trys to pull this off with a 200 amp service he will quickly realize it's not nearly enough power . We have maxed out 200 amp services with much less and blown transformers on the pole.

S

Seed Buyer

Excel is a great family owned business but in a legal state there is no need to pay a premium for a plug and play ac. A local HVAC company can probably install two 5 ton units for the price of one Excel 5 ton unit or at least get pretty close.

Top Bottom