Help choosing new light

• Thread starter SkyHi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SkyHi

Here what im eyeing now - -Harvest pro switchable with a super sun ii replector and hortilux super HPS

W

wantaknow

how about trying one of the super induction lights that are mentioned on a thread here

M

Malachi

you could get a growzilla air-cooled hood with a 600 MH and a 600 HPS (2 lamps in 1) and a dual 600 lumatek ballast. I think thats going to be my next move.

S

SkyHi

i saw the growzilla that the AC reflector that house to lamps right ? they have cooltubes thta do the same....im scared of digi ballast as i like my internet and cable to work properly and i live in an apartment

Venom818

Venom818

Sun system makes a good ballast bro those hoods look to small for a 1000 I dont think you will be happy with the hood.I would get a sun system pro ballast and a magnum xxxl for the best coverage of course thats more like 500 buck but you will be happier in the end and it will pay for itself with the extra harvest your going to get.

S

SkyHi

Yea i see how everyone like the Mag XXXL hoods , but i have seen a couple comparision ppl have done and the magnum loses intensity, it has good "coverage" but not good intensity...actually makes sense since the further from the bulb the reflection takes place the weaker (less intense) the light gets reflected. Thats why those P.L systems are so intense because the reflector is small and more efficient...the xxxls do look cool tho ....

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I swear by them XXXL magnums>>>I am a proud owner of 6:)
Some of my bro's like them original super sun's and swear by them.
75 bucks more skihigh you can be a proud owner of a complete set up>>hoood,ballast,bulb>>>$375 plus tax:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have both hoods and I really like the XXXL because it spreads the hot spot and provides more even light over the canopy. This allows it to be a lil closer to canopy making up for any lost intensity. Plus they are sealed up tight. If using a carbon filter then the Super sun it will suck air from all the cracks puttin some smelly air into the duct after it's been drawn through the filter. However, I do like that super sun for veg and my 600w. Small and easy to clean that lil piece of glass slides right out. On the XXXL it's....well XXXL and heavy. Heck they are both nice but for a 1000 I would def get a magnum

Just picked up a Harvest pro switchable and It rocks dude. I like it already.

R

REGISTRD

I threw the xxxls in the trash...
Got me Bell washingtons and there extremly lighter, My rooms run 8deg cooler and there bright as all hell... Also the Oshio bulbs run about 4/5 deg hotter as well...
So With the Bells and Hortilux im running about 10-12 deg cooler... Just a little food for thought!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Checked out the Bell Washingtons and new Super sun II. Turns out the newer super suns are sealed up too. Bell Washingtons look real nice.

My new advice is keep the glass clean...:happy

D

Dulce

I'm just throwing this out there, but does anybody have any experience with the Adjust-A-Wing Lights?? Their website talks about all it's benefits with the Super Spreader light diffuser and it would seem that these are really great. Any thoughts???

The Big Man

The Big Man

I'm just throwing this out there, but does anybody have any experience with the Adjust-A-Wing Lights?? Their website talks about all it's benefits with the Super Spreader light diffuser and it would seem that these are really great. Any thoughts???

I was wondering the same thing. I am in the market for six new reflectors and six 1000 watt lights. Although I am happy with my current 1000 watt units I just want to most for my money.:passingjoint:

Top Bottom