Help Cloning

• Thread starter WomBat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WomBat

So most of my cloning attempts have been pretty sad (lost a few good strains because of it). I tried rockwool and tho I have not gave up on it I am gonna try bubble/areoponic cloning. I build a bubbleponic clone box and was wonder what you guys thought I should used for the stimulate I was thinking any gel or powder would not work being that it is in water at all times so I was thinking supertrive but I wanted to ask the farm as you guys have never stered me wrong yet=]
Thanks -Wombat

B

Boots Sugarleaf

use some clonex and let em bubble, should work fine, I used to clones this way, now I prefer straight perlite bubbled or rapid rooters in domes. both work very well for me

Good Luck!

S

SkyHi

the key to cloning is temps in my opinion. I use rockwool with about 99% success, i have never tried aero but i would amagine water temps will play a big factor.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

yes, temps are huge, water temp is big especially when a dwc method like this is used, heat mats work fine for my perlite method, a fish tank heater works fine for a little bubbler

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
rockwool imo

using rockwool to me requires a few things to be successful, you need to ph the rockwool itself , then you need to keep the tray on a heat mat covered with one of those domes. let it sit for about a week, remove lid and wipe off moisture, check rockwool for moisture daily also when cleaning dome. should root in 7-21 days depending on strain. when planting dip clones in a rooting substance and insert into rockwool
no rooting gel/powder and ph water, maybe 1 drop superthrive/gal in res.

mal

J

John Smith Esq.

Hey Dude, i use an aeroponic proporgator and i find that i get alot better results if i leave off the water for a couple of days, ill leave the clone cut submerged in clonex for about 5-10mins then once its in a clone plug ill put it in the proporgator but wont turn on the sprinklers, using a spray bottle ill spray the leaves often and keep humidity as high as possible for about two days or so but wont provide any water to the bottom part other than presoaking the cloning plug in water, as soon as i get a bulge apear at the bottom of the cut i start to think about turning on the sprinklers periodically, usually that takes a few days at least- providing the cloning plug doesnt dryout they will be fine.
Using this method ive only ever lost 2 clones, and there were experiments gone wrong.

also you might wanna try flexiplugs or peat pellets as your cloning plugs, for the unaware there basically the same idea as rockwool but there made of organic material that the plants can 'eat' just means you dont have to worry about feeding until there established enough to handle it, i find them much easier to work with for clones or seeds and they seems to hold moisture for longer too.

hth, Peace

J

John Smith Esq.

i have never tried aero but i would amagine water temps will play a big factor.

oh yes, constant 20c for the win! i use an aquarium heater for a 10l tank as mentioned by Boots sugarleaf - there very good

anything less that 24c for the top part of the cutting will likley see a massive increase in the time it takes to root

W

WomBat

Boots could you explain your perlite method a lil bit?

B

Boots Sugarleaf

sure, I would love to, best results I have ever had

take your cuts as you normally would

take a standard propagation tray and dome, and fill with perlite (I prefer small sized perlite for rooting) or use 6 packs in the tray (good for transporting later) and fill them with perlite. fill the tray 1/2 full with water, wetting the perlite down sufficiently, use warm water, add a bubbler stone or an aeration hose, etc... in the middle of the tray at the bottom of the water/perlite mix, hook the hose from the air stone to an air pump.
place the tray on a standard heat mat

dip the clones in your preferred rooting hormone or none at all, and stick the cuts into the perlite, either mist with water for a few times a day for a few days or use the dome for a few days, I usually have roots in 5 to 10 days, perlite roots are the best roots I have ever seen aside from oasis blocks and rapid rooters. but perlite beats both of those

the more air the better but not a rolling boil, and keep it warm but not hot

hope this helps

W

WomBat

hey thanks man i think i might try this or somthing similar the plan i had in mind was similar just no perlite thank agian to everyone for the help so far

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Use my mix in your bubbler, and let your cuts sit in hormone/water mix for an hour.

B

bngrips

Make a cloner, Mix some clonex, adjust ph, add aquarium heater, turn it on, set it under 24 hr fluorecent and forget it. I had 100 percent roots in about a week. This was my first try at the diy ezcloner. I see no reason to do it any other way:cool0041:

B

BlueWater

if you're having trouble peat pellets/dip n gro is nearly foolproof.

C

clonemasta09

Try going to your local shop or something and pick up Oasis cubes and a heatmat. Air out your humidity dome daily and make sure your cubes are too drenched

Raise your children to make a job, not just take a job. If they don't know how to create a plan, they'll always be beholden to someone else
http://www.theconesite.com

Top Bottom