Help constructing new grow and veg room

• Thread starter MAGO213
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MAGO213

Hello, fellow growers. First I like thank all of you for inspiring me grow my own meds. I'm really happy and excited, but I need some help from you pros. I have an empty 2 car garage I can use for flower and veg . Prop 215 complient 2 people so I can only grow 12 mature 12 veg. Questions: how much space do I need for 10-12 plants in 5 gal sunshine mix (i want to do a sealed room)?Which Advanced nutes r actually worth it? I have sensi 2 part and big bud for now. I have 1 600 watt eye bulb and 600 watt digi ballast 2 cool tubes. Would it be better to get another 600 watt set or go for a 2 k setup(trying not to spend too much on electricity but I want the most practical)? I have sentinnel cppm1. Which co2 burner is better for a sealed room? Thanks in advance for your help. Also this is not my first grow but I'm stil learning and want to do it right the first time.

pokey

pokey

if you dont want to spend to much money go with another 600w and you need about a square foot per plant but id go with 2 square feet per plant if you have a whole garage

B

been

You should cruise by the Home Depot and pick up a load of illegal immigrants to help you construct your grow room.

P

Park

why not use two grow tents inside the garage or build two separate sheds to grow in.
a room within a room, much easier to control temps and everything else.
a nice 4x4 x8 foot grow tent could be bought for 300 bucks. or spend the cash on building two wooden grow rooms. one for veg and one for bloom.

D

doco

You "could" do 12 plants in a 4x4 tent but if its a branchy strain they will be crowded. I do 9 in my 54"x54" Sun Hut and its still crowded sometimes.
Anyway, I run a hut because I'm in an apartment and need to be somewhat ready to break down at any given moment. If I had a garage I would build one maybe 5 x 8 or so, give you room to navigate around all of the plants for care etc. Id also have a slot in one wall for an air conditioner (CO2 burners put off as much heat as a 1000w). Air cool the lights and put a big exhaust fan in the garage roof to clear all the heat and you'd be big ballin'.
600w are the most energy efficient lumens/watt.

M

MAGO213

Thanks for the all the info I think I will do 9 plants in 5 gal buckets I want to use sunshine mix #4. For this setup would a 1000 watter be ok? Also I plan on putting them in a constructed room dimensions 5x5x7

Top Bottom