Help create the Ideal Marijuana Plan for State Assembly Candidate

• Thread starter JaySelthofner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JaySelthofner

Hello. I am Jay Selthofner and currently running for Wisconsin State Assembly on the platform of reform for the current marijuana laws.

I turn to you here at THC Farmer, the experts in the industry and well reversed in what is needed to make a comprehensive marijuana plan, addressing industrial, medical, recreational or any other use.

Please help me by sharing your knowledge and ideas about what you think the ideal marijuana plan would look like.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and feedback.

Jay Selthofner, Wisconsin State Assembly Candidate 41st District. You can visit my website at www.JaySelthofner.com.
Paid for by Friends of Jay Selthofner, Jessica Franke, Treasurer.

C

Cloud 99

sure just keep it simple.the plan should state that anyone of legal age should b able to posses maraijuana up to a certain amount.any person leagaly allowed to smoke should b able to have as much in they home as they want cause knowone can tell u how much u smoke or need to.the way i see it theres only 2 offenses 1 would be underage smoking wich should be handled with comunity service this way the public gets some type of benefit like a cleaner park or something and the juvy doesnt go to jail and get a record and ruin his/her life. the 2nd is those that want to sell.its as simple as mandating that anyone who wants to sell should fill out a 1099 self employed tax form and pay they taxes the same as any other self employed person.those who dont would be subject to I.R.S tax laws like any other selfemployed person.

C

CAPO

Stick to Medical Marijuana Mr.Selthofner. The time for 21 and up legalization across the board is premature. I would like to see that all states get access to MMJ before any one state legalizes.

C

Cloud 99

Stick to Medical Marijuana Mr.Selthofner. The time for 21 and up legalization across the board is premature. I would like to see that all states get access to MMJ before any one state legalizes.

as long as your smoking what do you care. do you think that those who are not medical should have to wait longer to be legal? cause i dont. legalization for med patients only leaves other smokers unprotected and still burdening our legal system and economy because of it. While on the other hand legalization for all means just that. Dont be selfish

J

JaySelthofner

Thank you for the input. The KISS (Keep it Simple) method is effective in other areas of life also.

In Wisconsin, we had two bills introduced at the same time, Assembly Bill 206 (Industrial Hemp) and Assembly Bill 554 (Medical Marijuana).

In my work, a majority of legislators supported the industrial use and I believe the bill made it through committee(s) but never got schedule for the floor vote and ultimately died. The recreational use and lack of "testing" and a variety of other reasons, mostly related to the problems with recreational use are cited as the reason for the industrial hemp bill not passing.

AB 554 the medical bill had the same bunch of opposition, plus a few more, who pointed blame towards the recreational use. Very few doubted the science behind the medical use, but still the bill died before making it even out of committee.

The KISS method applied to a comprehensive cannabis conversation needs to be had.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like your page and your platform. Perusing only and in California, but I like it. Question is, how conservative is your blue state, really? Where I am is extremely conservative (Prop 8 was quite popular up here).

Do you think that opening the hemp door will allow any other use? Or is that not ultimately your goal, as I read it it's mainly to get your state greener by furthering hemp cultivation. Of course, that alone is good, but this group here is present for other reasons.

O

Oregonic

Learn from the prop 19 mistakes and make sure to cover issues clearly. 21 and over is great, but a person 18-20 facing years in jail for a single joint is wrong. Do not place the 1oz limit or grow area limits, these are not in place for other substances and should not be placed on Cannabis. Make it clear what happens if you smoke with a child in the home, not near you but in the same house, right now prop 19 leaves a huge loophole for charges of child endangerment.

Don't jerk people around on this, either it becomes legal or it doesn't. Don't say it will be legal and leave things in the bill that keep you a criminal.

All or nothing, there really is no room for middle ground anymore. I would support a separation (have no idea how) of recreational smoke and medicinal smoke, again not sure how it would work but.......

C

Cloud 99

thats why i said legalize for every adult and minors should be served community service and if you want to sell just pay your taxes period.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

"platform of reform for the current marijuana laws."

Try: platform for reform of the current mj laws

"I turn to you here at THC Farmer, the experts in the industry and well reversed in what is needed to make a comprehensive marijuana plan, addressing industrial, medical, recreational or any other use."

"well reversed"? If you're not kidding, you're a moron. Pretty sure you mean well versed, which you are anything but.

"Jessica Franke, Treasuer"

It's treasurer dude. Clowns like you aren't going to help the movement. You're just going to make us sound like, well, clowns. If you can't get at least one halfway intelligent person in your own state to support you, how do you expect people from other states to? Are you just trying to scam as many people as you can into sending you $4.20? You can't be serious. There has to be a pot smoker in Wisconsin that's brighter than you. My advice is, get out of the race, as your ignorant ass is hurting the cause more then you're helping it. You are the stereotype that prudes withold progress because of. You running for office is about the same as Tommy Chong. Get a grip and stop hurting the cause. Not even going to start on your punctuation, you wouldn't understand.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Just to reiterate (if you know what that means), if you want to help the cause. Go away.

W

WolfDawg

Just to reiterate (if you know what that means), if you want to help the cause. Go away.

Why don't YOU go away, you think it's alright to come in HIS thread and flame him and threadcrap...it's not it's B.S., and following him around Flaming him is against the RULES to boot and really no need to be an ass to someone who is trying.

How are YOU contributing to the cause in WI...you're NOT....he's doing a lot more than You are sitting behind your little keyboard dishing out judgment....now that's what's really pathetic.

Keep up the work Jay

M

mrdizzle

I think hes wondering if its really him, and not just a scam to get a grip of people to send $4.20

W

WolfDawg

Well in Wi the last session they were trying to bring Medical legislation to be voted on, it may be close to actually happening.

The Wi MJ laws are harsh and terrible and have put a lot of good people in Prison and ruined many families and peoples lives. Any Pro MJ politicians are more than welcomed IMO.

The whole harsh treatment for mj offenses in wi is ironic because the state capital Madison is a big liberal hippy town, they in fact have had a law for a long time in just City of Madison making Poss. just a fine..no jail.....

Dane county in which the city of Madison is in has a "non binding, of course" Ballot directive in the fall to try to push the State Legislature to get Medical MJ into law......Should the Wisconsin Legislature enact legislation allowing residents with debilitating medical conditions to acquire and possess marijuana for medical purposes if supported by their physician? useless of course but symbolic.

As far as Mr. Jay Selthofner, I always check anything out before doling out cash and I don't know much about Jay, but maybe he can answer anyone thinking he is a scam....

and Jay you should probably ask Logic if you can ask for pol donations or not FIRST.

J

JaySelthofner

I like your page and your platform. Perusing only and in California, but I like it. Question is, how conservative is your blue state, really? Where I am is extremely conservative (Prop 8 was quite popular up here).

Do you think that opening the hemp door will allow any other use? Or is that not ultimately your goal, as I read it it's mainly to get your state greener by furthering hemp cultivation. Of course, that alone is good, but this group here is present for other reasons.

I live near Ripon, the birthplace of the Republican party, we are conservative, but smart with liberal social values.
Check the movement in Wisconsin, I work hard. A recent poll in our newspaper gave 86% support for total legalization for all purposes.

The goal is a comprehensive marijuana bill incorporating recreational users and medical patients under 18. Any law needs to address cultivation and dispensing, allowing for the personal grows and sales. An industrial hemp bill for food, fuel and fiber should come natural by pushing a comprehensive bill.

Learn from the prop 19 mistakes and make sure to cover issues clearly. 21 and over is great, but a person 18-20 facing years in jail for a single joint is wrong. Do not place the 1oz limit or grow area limits, these are not in place for other substances and should not be placed on Cannabis. Make it clear what happens if you smoke with a child in the home, not near you but in the same house, right now prop 19 leaves a huge loophole for charges of child endangerment.

Don't jerk people around on this, either it becomes legal or it doesn't. Don't say it will be legal and leave things in the bill that keep you a criminal.

All or nothing, there really is no room for middle ground anymore. I would support a separation (have no idea how) of recreational smoke and medicinal smoke, again not sure how it would work but.......

I think hes wondering if its really him, and not just a scam to get a grip of people to send $4.20

Again, thanks for the input, I am not jerking anyone around, I will check with Logic on the donations. Check with the Government Accountability Board for my campaign registration. I can link you if you need it.

I am in a rural district in Wisconsin, covering most of two counties and touches five total. Approximately 26,000 votes in the last election for this State Assembly Seat.

$4.20 donations are something everyone can do and may not seem like much, but is everything if 10,000 people do it. The volunteer time I spent over the last year working with the communities cannot have a price put on it, but the print, ads, billboards, yard signs, etc do.

I am for full legalization and always have been. People in my district understand prohibition is not working and the use of marijuana is a personal choice and have urged me to run for state office.

Jay

C

CAPO

as long as your smoking what do you care. do you think that those who are not medical should have to wait longer to be legal? cause i dont. legalization for med patients only leaves other smokers unprotected and still burdening our legal system and economy because of it. While on the other hand legalization for all means just that. Dont be selfish

Just looking at things logically...not being selfish. I feel that medical is more acceptable nationwide. Once we get our foot in the door anything is possible.
Do you think that the Feds will leave a state to legalize unconditionally while the other surrounding states don't even have Medical Marijuana? I think they would sue, like they are doing to Arizona over the immigration act.
I also think that Big Business, will find a way to put the small growers out of commission...like what folks are facing in California in November. That's a whole new nightmare that frankly I prefer not to wake up to just yet.

J

JaySelthofner

Just looking at things logically...not being selfish. I feel that medical is more acceptable nationwide. Once we get our foot in the door anything is possible.
Do you think that the Feds will leave a state to legalize unconditionally while the other surrounding states don't even have Medical Marijuana? I think they would sue, like they are doing to Arizona over the immigration act.
I also think that Big Business, will find a way to put the small growers out of commission...like what folks are facing in California in November. That's a whole new nightmare that frankly I prefer not to wake up to just yet.

I don't want to lie and say that I am not pushing for full legalization either. If you watch our public hearing in Wisconsin, part of the problem was with some legislators saying you guys are just getting your foot in the door.

I am not an expert in states rights, but if elected or not plan to have more experts available for the next round. We have support at the federal level with existing legislators also and a well drafted bill will have to be supported by state agencies, including law enforcement. I am in a rural district and we spoke about the importance of the personal grows for medical patients not not located near a dispensary, personal grows for recreational users must be allowed also, not only for personal use, but also income.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Why don't YOU go away, you think it's alright to come in HIS thread and flame him and threadcrap...it's not it's B.S., and following him around Flaming him is against the RULES to boot and really no need to be an ass to someone who is trying.

How are YOU contributing to the cause in WI...you're NOT....he's doing a lot more than You are sitting behind your little keyboard dishing out judgment....now that's what's really pathetic.

Keep up the work Jay

First of all, I haven't come into his thread yada yada yada. Never heard of him and he tried to friend mem and ask me for money with his illiterate ass. I am not against his cause. I am against him. There has to be a better reprsentative for all in Wisconsin then him. His writings are uneducated and juvenile. He should support an educated well spken person besides himself. Not dogging his message, just his poor representation. Allowed to go on, he will set Wisconsin pot laws back to the 1930's. What is pathetic is other morons like you supporting a school (elementary, middle or high school, who knows) dropout to represent you to the hostile masses. You should go away too.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Either way the guys got a link to his website to try and get people to pay $4.20 a piece for the cause,There's plenty others doing the same,and there not exactly asking for money like this nerd is.I agree w. sgt shultz and he should at least remove that link asking for peoples money!!:party0044:

W

WolfDawg

First of all, I haven't come into his thread yada yada yada. Never heard of him and he tried to friend mem and ask me for money with his illiterate ass. I am not against his cause. I am against him. There has to be a better reprsentative for all in Wisconsin then him. His writings are uneducated and juvenile. He should support an educated well spken person besides himself. Not dogging his message, just his poor representation. Allowed to go on, he will set Wisconsin pot laws back to the 1930's. What is pathetic is other morons like you supporting a school (elementary, middle or high school, who knows) dropout to represent you to the hostile masses. You should go away too.

So now you are calling ME a moron, and saying he will set Wi pot laws back to the 1930's....YOUR arguments are the only juvenile things here, like I said what are YOU doing to further the Wi cause............answer NOTHING.

You sicken me with your better than you attitude which is definitely just ridiculous considering your TRUE colors coming through here.....
FLAMING, name calling, harassing and being a great spell checker...LOL

I really don't understand your harsh negativity against this guy and really don't understand where you get off trying to start shit with and degrade me...must be some of that good Karma you're trying to spread <sarcasm of course

So keep the flaming and hostility up and hopefully there will be a nice BAN coming your way, so lets hear your next round of Flaming big man.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not such a good spellchecker or proofreader. I try my hardest not to be a pedant, especially on POT boards, but it can be difficult. Especially if someone else is trying to be pedantic themselves and failing rather miserably at it.
Schultz, I can understand the desire that anyone who purports to represent us be fully cognizant and able to spell, however, those are minor typographical errors you're him about here. Don't lose the forest for the trees or you'll really be missing the big picture.
If you're going to go that route, THEN perhaps it would behoove you to proofread your own posts, first. Yes? I mean, what you've got on this guy are typographical errors. You have yet to discuss anything of substance, except for making some rather wild accusations and, based upon my own perusal of his website and platform, gross mischaracterizations.

You might also do well to learn the difference between "then" and "than".
<insert winky of absolution here>

For those of you who have a problem with him asking for a donation, I'm curious what you think of people who lay out hundreds of dollars for seeds, only to not receive them, and then complain. I see an awful lot of "get over it" type of shit here. Yet two of you are quibbling over $4.20 for a political donation from a guy who appears to be on the up and up. It looks like that request is gone, but be forewarned--this type of attitude towards those you perceive as outsiders is going to do NOTHING for our "cause". Worse, in my opinion.

Top Bottom