HELP! Deficiencies directly under HID lights?

• Thread starter dieseldawg2480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Im using 1000hps and the plants directly under the reflective hoods are showing some yellowing and purple stems and veins. The plants on the outside of the hoods are not showing any problems. I also have some of the same aged plants that are in the same size containers and same medium as the yellowing ones but they are under T5 and there the healthiest. The only thing I can think of is the HID lights are making them use more nutrients since directly under the hoods? Please any info would help.

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Can you show us any pictures, it would be a big help to understand what is going on.

juggernaut

juggernaut

sounds like light burn....not heat.

I had the same problem...A good reflector will help spread the light out for you.

Go with a adjust a wing or a magnum xxxl.

Also you might have the lights a little to close. You might have to back off to about 12"-18".

I bought a batwing and almost fried my plants in the middle. I purchased an asdjust a wing and it covers the whole 4'x4' area.

You need the plants in the centre to be receiving as much light as the outside plants. Otherwise if they are drawing from the same rez with hotspots from your reflector then the outside plants will be great and the middle plants will have the defeciencies. Up the nutes for the middle plants and the outside plants get over fertilized.
1 get a bigger better reflector
2 Raise you're light to around 18"
3 switch to 2 600watt lights or 600 and a 400watt.

otherwise you will have the same problem every harvest.

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Im using the adjust a wing large. im about 20-24in from the top of the canopy. I have air circulation at canopy height. I put a min max at canopy height im reading a temp at mid to upper 80's I know thats a little high. im going to try to move the reflector up 6'' and see what the result is. I plan on adding gas to the room so the mid 80's is were i want to be but if this continues i would think it would increase the problem?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Sounds like you need an exhaust fan because heat is building up and getting too high, unless you add co2 you should lower the temps with an a/c or exhaust fan, or both. Now for the def I don't know without pics, but plants will use more water and nutes with more light.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Im using the adjust a wing large. im about 20-24in from the top of the canopy. I have air circulation at canopy height. I put a min max at canopy height im reading a temp at mid to upper 80's I know thats a little high. im going to try to move the reflector up 6'' and see what the result is. I plan on adding gas to the room so the mid 80's is were i want to be but if this continues i would think it would increase the problem?
You could also try a Hot Spot Diffuser.. I bought one and it's working but I also had to raise my light, as I was having the same issue. Good Luck!

Top Bottom