HELP! Deformed/Weird looking plants/bud sites

• Thread starter hungrypanda8832
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hungrypanda8832

I have been dealing with this problem for awhile at my facility where I cultivate. I have two identical rooms; same exact setup (number of lights, dehums, ac, etc.), but this one room always turns out weird and never finishes on time. I normally harvest around 70 days, but this room won't even be close to finishing at day 70. I can't seem to figure out the problem of why this room always messes up... I don't see any visible problems and have made changes each run to try to fix it, but doesn't look like anything is working. I have no light leaks in the room. I run compressed CO2 tanks, not CO2 burners. At first I thought it was the CO2 burner, but even after changing that to compressed CO2 tanks, the buds still look weird.

However, my other room that is identical grows completely fine. Finishes on time around 70 days.

Attached are pictures of the current plants at day 26. I've done multiple runs where day 26 should normally not be looking like that, even at other places not in the same facility.

Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 2
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 3
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 4
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 5
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 6
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 7
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 8
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 9
Help deformedweird looking plantsbud sites 10
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looks like it could be nitrogen tox. The clawing of the leaves is what Leads me to believe this. Only other thing I could think of is genetics. Not sure if both rooms are the same.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Drip irrigation? Are these plants at the beginning or end of the run? Or hand water.

H

hungrypanda8832

Drip irrigation? Are these plants at the beginning or end of the run? Or hand water.
Yes drip irrigation. This photo was around the start of the day or maybe 1 hour into the day.
Looks like it could be nitrogen tox. The clawing of the leaves is what Leads me to believe this. Only other thing I could think of is genetics. Not sure if both rooms are the same.
Hmm... I will look into that, but I run both rooms exactly the same from start to finish (nutrients wise and everything), and the other identical room is fine

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Any temperature difference between the rooms?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’m guessing instrumentation. Since this is your first grow (jk) I suspect what you are being told is inaccurate. My guess is ph. Room 1 - ph is reading correctly and you get good results. Room 2 is reading 6.0 but in reality it is 4.8. Something like that.

H

hungrypanda8832

I’m guessing instrumentation. Since this is your first grow (jk) I suspect what you are being told is inaccurate. My guess is ph. Room 1 - ph is reading correctly and you get good results. Room 2 is reading 6.0 but in reality it is 4.8. Something like that.
Hmmm... Will look into that too. But weird thing is that I use the same meter (Hanna GroLine) to measure PH for both rooms.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hmmm... Will look into that too. But weird thing is that I use the same meter (Hanna GroLine) to measure PH for both rooms.
Do you run your watering through one room and then into the other, or do you have separate watering/nute systems?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Well to quote Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

So I'm guessing if everything else is exactly the same, the problem must lie in your irrigation system. Perhaps it wasn't cleaned properly, perhaps a valve somewhere is stuck open? These issues arise after a few cycles using the same equipment if not properly cleaned and sanitized. And at first glance they look a little overwatered or maybe some root issues happening.

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

Both rooms have separate irrigation lines
These pics show stressed plants. Many reasons that will happen.

Can you please tell me the following? (emitter may be clogged)
Is it all the plants or just one?
Is there hard wind blowing on the plants?
Have you checked ppfd from the lights? (Sometimes they show this stress when they have an overabundance of light.)
Can you test the moisture of the media? (with a pulse meter or the old lift and feel method)

All of these are possibilities.

Did I miss it.....What media are you using?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good point PH probes are notorious for failure and should be calibrated weekly and replaced at least annually in a commercial setting

Top Bottom