Help Design Ducting Setup...

• Thread starter skywalkerOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Need some ideas on the best way to cool 2 tents.

Bloom Tent: 5x5x7 - 4 x Mars Hydro 300.
Veg Tent: 4x2x6 - 2x Mars Hydro 300.
AC: 11K Portable Dual Hose.

I built a false wall over the existing window and currently use it with an 8" exhaust.

I was thinking...

4" fan for intake at the bottom of both tents. that can feed in the cool ac air into the tent. OR.

Could use my 8" fan to pull air out of the tent which would make negative pressure and thus pull in the cool ac air. but that's basically sucking the AC out the window...

I've got the AC Intake / Exhaust hooked into the same false window and it's working great.

Entire room is a 10x10 and it can keep the room at 68 degrees and only run 20 minutes for the whole hour. In the evenings it might run 2 hours total.

How would you handle smell for the bloom tent? I was thinking a 4" fan with carbon filter just recirculating in the tent.

Thanks,

Smerb

Smerb

I don't have the answer but would like to get more information on this also. My tent pulls air in,its a 6 inch blower. Top ports are open for rising heat. Circulating fan in tent. Don't have to worry about smell here. I'm not sure if I'm using my tent at its greatest potential..... everything grows fine, I am just looking for the best way for the long run. This tent will stay in its place for years as long as it's running right. The skinny can filter should have the smell gone for ya! Riding with this thread.

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

All you need to do is cool the room that the tents are in.. Just have the exhaust from each tent blowing directly back in to the room from the two tents.. The AC will keep things constant for you. Get a wall mounted oscillating fan to keep air circulating inside, you can run a 2'x4' vertically from post to post to mount the fan on. Just drill a couple holes and zip tie the 2'x4' to the posts. Ditch the exhaust blowing out of the window

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
As long as your exhaust fan is pulling more cfm than your intake is pushing then you can use the intake if you can't get the temp down but it isn't necessary to have an intake if your exhaust is exchanging the air on it's own.

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

All you need to do is cool the room that the tents are in.. Just have the exhaust from each tent blowing directly back in to the room from the two tents.. The AC will keep things constant for you. Get a wall mounted oscillating fan to keep air circulating inside, you can run a 2'x4' vertically from post to post to mount the fan on. Just drill a couple holes and zip tie the 2'x4' to the posts. Ditch the exhaust blowing out of the window

Thanks! I have a feeling this 8" will be overkill for that job. I've got it hooked up right now exhausting waiting on the air conditioner to get here and that thing is pulling crazy air in through the vents. really quite though, can hardly hear it run. so it might be a keeper haha.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks! I have a feeling this 8" will be overkill for that job. I've got it hooked up right now exhausting waiting on the air conditioner to get here and that thing is pulling crazy air in through the vents. really quite though, can hardly hear it run. so it might be a keeper haha.
Must be nice...

Top Bottom