Help designing and setting up 40x44ft

• Thread starter Bakedjon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bakedjon

Hello everyone. I have recently started a collective that is focused around research. I am still very young and have been growing since I was 11 years old. Most of my experience is in outdoor growing. I have been growing indoors for about four years now. I have grown in soiless and coco so far. I have a lot more space than this but we will start with this room. The largest room I have ran so far has been about 20k. If you guys dont convince me otherwise. I have designed the room to be one big open room.

The room is 44x40 with one 11ft room on one side and a 16 foot room on the other. I have planned to do coco in this room with about 40-56 lights. I have always used 4x4 tables with 50 gal rezs. I have another room that is double this size and some others... I would like to continue with what I know for now and start to experiment with the UC. I would like the spaces to be as automated as possible. I have a very good electrican, but everything else I am on my own with. I am concerned that doing drain to waste with coco on this op will run me into problems with having to have too many rezs etc. The room comes out with 56 lights perfect with 2 foot space off three walls then a six foot space off another. The lights would be in 7 rows of 8 all horizontal. So what would you do if you were me?

I saw this site the best place for help as there are some amazing grows on this site. I would appreciate all the help from the people who have worked with larger grows. I live on the coast so its a bit cooler here. I believe I am going after what everyone else is, but numbers are really not a concern for me. I rather veg less as I have not had the best experience growing trees indoors.

Has anyone tried doing a SOG in the UC yet? The four plants per bucket? Currently I run 48 plants per 4x4 table in coco in 6x6 white pots. I also run various soiless gardens with pot sizes of 1g to 5g.

F

FileError404

Big part of the reason for the UC/MPB/Vertical set ups is plant counts. We don't like having tons of plants that the feds can seize without reason. If you do 48 plants per tray/light you'll end up with 2500-3000 plants which would be very hard to justify to a non-clue judge, as opposed to about 99 plants with the same lighting power with a UC/MPB/Vert.
Yes, g/w is probably higher with the SOG, but years served per plant is much lower...

Olyver

Olyver

If you need a custom lighting controller, flip, or loadcenter, let me know. The options/features you won't find anywhere else.

B

Bakedjon

Well I am interested in doing it all. I just always have to ease myself into something new. So I will probably do 50 lights of coco while setting up a room or two of the UC. I have 26 lights going now... Waiting to cut soon then doing the remodel.

olyver I have looked at your stuff and many of your posts. I am interested in discussing the power and security systems with you... I dont get pms but will send you an email... I would be interested in learning more about flips from you, to save money on ballasts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom