Help diagnose and fix my problems

• Thread starter MedicalGrower444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalGrower444

Hello, I’m new to medical marijuana growing.
I had a problem where there was some very light white on leaves I thought they might be hairs or a powdery mildew. So I sprayed crop defender 3 on it. That’s gone now.

Today I have some yellowish type spots on the leaves. As in the photo, do you know if it’s a burn from the crop defender? Or another problem! What is it and how do I fix it. I’m growing in fox farm frog and ocean mix.

Is my plant just going to be trash?

Also on the stem are those normal hairs or a disease, seen in the second photo.

Help diagnose and fix my problems
Help diagnose and fix my problems 2
GregTheAlien

GregTheAlien

I had a problem where there was some very light white on leaves I thought they might be hairs or a powdery mildew. So I sprayed crop defender 3 on it. That’s gone now.

Today I have some yellowish type spots on the leaves. As in the photo, do you know if it’s a burn from the crop defender? Or another problem! What is it and how do I fix it. I’m growing in fox farm frog and ocean mix.

First thought was same as BB, looks good.

Second thought was that soil looks a little moist... careful not to overwater, and remember have fun with your grow.

M

MedicalGrower444

First thought was same as BB, looks good.

Second thought was that soil looks a little moist... careful not to overwater, and remember have fun with your grow.
So the yellow spot are not a calcium deficiency form the wrong PH in water, or leaf septoria?

GregTheAlien

GregTheAlien

So the yellow spot are not a calcium deficiency form the wrong PH in water, or leaf septoria?
Leaf septoria? I don't have any experience with it but from my own perfunctory research, I'd say no. Could be genetics, could be from overwatering, could be from stress, could be from you stressing about this plant.

Honestly, now that I see detailed pic of your soil, it is probably too wet. How often are you watering and how much? What size pot? What kind of water? Did you know, at this stage of your plant is is easier to harm her from overwatering than underwatering?

M

MedicalGrower444

RO water 250ml to 500ml every few days. in 5 gallon with fox farm soil.
At first I didn’t ph the water and it was a bit high. Then it might have gotten a little low. The conditions weren’t prefect also.

It had maybe a powdered mildew or spider mite white stuff on the leaf. Then I sprayed it with crop defender and it went away, I watered it and it turned that color. With yellow spots, I don’t know what to do to fix it.

Stokes

Stokes

Leaf septoria is more of an outdoor thing. Its very distinguishable because it has a ring around the spot. I deal with it almost ever year outdoors at some capacity. You’ll also have leaf fade which will make you think its a nitrogen deficiency.

I really think you have some sort of mite or aphids. I cant tell because its not the best pic. But get you a loupe and check the underside of the leaves. You might be able to see them up top too.

Get you some 3% peroxide and spray just before lights out a couple times a week.

I cant say 100% thats bug damage tho, because that would be significant damage for no older than the plant is. Generally it takes a couple weeks for it to get like that, after the first eggs have hatched

Stokes

Stokes

Ive heard you can spot bugs with a black light. Ive never tried it but its worth a shot if you have anything that emits uv
For the life of me i cant remember which bug eats along the leaf veins like that

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

it could also just happen the first set of leaves show some mark without any perticular reasons with some phenotypes

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Stop spraying it.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

You have to stop thinking your plant has all these terms that you've heard wrong with it.

Your plant has had none of the issues you've mentioned including powdery mildew, stop spraying it, start reading instead.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
For the life of me i cant remember which bug eats along the leaf veins like that
Thrips?

It does resemble bug damage, but I'm not sure if it is.

Get you some 3% peroxide and spray just before lights out a couple times a week.
@MedicalGrower444 - If you're spraying, it's important to spray the undersides of the leaves.

Top Bottom