Help diagnosing my strawberry cough

• Thread starter Slim0317
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slim0317

Any ideas? Since the leaves didn't show any damage at the tips before, not to mention she's only been fed two or three times since she went in that pot. Could it be they're not getting enough light and she's kinda pruning herself? Anyway, strawberry cough I got at a local dispensary, she's still in ffof, ff grow big, half a cap in a gallon of water, split between her, a Gelato#33 and a MAC1 Capulators Cut. They are outside from sun up to sundown, then go under a couple walmart grow lights in a shed I built and lined with emergency blankets. I already killed a caterpillar that had tunneled out of then snacked on a couple leaves. Got a couple lady bugs that stick close so I've been checking under the leaves but see no bugs

Help diagnosing my strawberry cough
Help diagnosing my strawberry cough 2
Help diagnosing my strawberry cough 3
Help diagnosing my strawberry cough 4
S

Slim0317

And I checked the ph a couple of hours ago and it's almost 7 even

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

My diagnosis is healthy, in spite of soil pH being 7.

You might want to up the nutes a little but, but this is nothing to freak out about.

S

Slim0317

Thanks everyone. My first thought was not enough water. In trying to avoid overwatering, I nearly drowned the other 2 and sent them into flower a week or so after they were planted. She was like "I'm good". Put them on 24/0 to halt the flowers and while Larry and mac were still trying to figure out what was going on and what they were supposed to do, SC popped 1 round of 3 point leaves, then was like, no dark, dig it. This is the first issue of ANY kind I've had with her. If I can figure out what I'm doing, I'm excited about cloning cause she's so far got some great genes. I'll let you know how she does. Next ? What's with the spots on mac

20220625 184651
20220625 184645
S

Slim0317

Thanks for the advice. The yellow was cause they weren't getting enough light. Most of the leaves that close to the trunk or under canopy are yellowing, but it's patchy, like a messed up reverse tan. Anywho, new issue. Pulled her out this morning to her tips all burnt. I can't see nute burn eventhough I'm using FF Big Bloom because I'm using like a quarter of the recommended amount really because this is my second grow. I simply haven't been doing it long enough to make bold adjustments. Erring on the side of caution will no doubt cost me a plant or 3 along the way, but it is what it is.

20220706 105053
20220706 105041
20220706 105032
20220706 105013
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks like as good a pot as any to get rootbound in.

S

Slim0317

Looks like as good a pot as any to get rootbound in.
Interesting as her roots were the shallowest of the three. The other 2 had found the wall of the solo cup and were starting their first lap around when I put them in the pots they're in now. Rootbound in ~4 gal in 2 months? I wouldn't have even considered the possibility but I'm still working to become a novice. I'll check it out.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If that is a photo it has a heap of growing to do. You’re talking a couple of months minimum. Transplanting that into a nice big comfy light colored cloth pot might make life easier for you And the plant down the road. Just something for you to chew on. Other folks will chime in.

Reactions: HWH
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sure, you may get it through to the end but in my opinion that Plant will not reach its full potential in that pot.

S

Slim0317

Sure, you may get it through to the end but in my opinion that Plant will not reach its full potential in that pot.
I haven't paid much attention to the size of the pots others have grown strawberry cough in, but the plants weren't more than 4 or 5 ft tall. But since I'm not bound to any timetable but the one I make, and since she's only been potted once, I'll have to prep a larger container. And I didn't intend to turn the lights out for another couple of months at least. So you're saying in that time, she'll outgrow the container?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sorry slim. Things are kind of hectic around here. Really don’t have a lot of information on your climate. Where do you live. Do you have to constantly move the plant. The foliage Health is a direct reflection of what is going on in the route zone. I am just saying what I would do if it was mine. I would have it in a 20 gallon cloth pot. I don’t like the style of pot you have it in and you don’t have much soil in there to support a very healthy route zone. Just my opinion. I have a thread going so you can look at mine. This will get bumped to the top so maybe other people will offer their opinions. You know, 30 different people, 30 different opinions. It’s up to you to continue on or take your pick. Will be following and the best of luck to you and your girl.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If that is your only game and you are nervous about transplanting it then just carry on. I would not make a move without hearing multiple opinions, either.

S

Slim0317

It's not nerves. I have a Gelato33 and a MAC1 that I got at the same time. Their pots weren't draining for some reason, weren't getting any lighter. I had them in too much dirt that was too wet and probably got pretty close to drowning them. I'm sure I have pictures somewhere. I went and got a couple bags of HF and transplanted them into dryer soil. It took about 3 weeks before I knew they'd at a minimum survive. And they had already tried to flower, likely from thinking they were drowning. I have pictures of them that aren't 3 days old in one or more of my threads. I'm actually hopeful the way they're filling out.

That was a very long way to say I'm not in the least bit concerned or nervous or scared about anything I may have to do. Way I saw it, I may very well kill them. But if I did overwater them they're dead anyway. I probably waited way too long, but it took way too long to realize what was wrong. If it needs done, I'll do it, but I won't rush. That has proven to f me up every time. I'm in SoCal. They've been on a 24/0 to get the others out of flower and back to veg and she ain't gave a shit about much until couple days ago. I move them from their grow, um, shed(?)(see other thread) into the sun, about 3' or 4'. When bob casts his shadow, they go back in. And I hope it's just something I'm doing wrong because I just had 2 of her clones put out some beautiful roots.

-Gratitude

20220706 181216
20220706 181225
20220706 182906
20220706 182911
Last edited:
S

Slim0317

So I had a feeling that even though I've read it enough and know people that run 24/0 to flower, it was starting to stress them. Nothing blatantly obvious, since there is good new growth, just kind of a hunch. For the past 3 days, when the sun goes down, I put them in their shed and instead of all the lights, I have just the blue spectrum on and they seem to be loving it. All of them looked fuller and healthier this morning when I brought them into the sun.

20220711 170645
20220711 114009
20220711 114006

Latest posts

Top Bottom