HELP / Droopy Plant after transplant and topping

• Thread starter Mr_Walker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_Walker

Mr_Walker

Hey guys, 2 of my girls are 20 days into growth so they have just been transplanted yesterday. Since that point 1 of the ladies has continued to grow but the other has gone all droopy. Now I've also topped this lady straight after being transplanted which may have not been the best idea and I've also give her some plain PHed water just incase it was nitrogen toxicity. Need some advice guys!?!
20201113_134035.jpg

RR1

RR1

Hey guys, 2 of my girls are 20 days into growth so they have just been transplanted yesterday. Since that point 1 of the ladies has continued to grow but the other has gone all droopy. No I've also topped this lady straight after being transplanted which may have not been the best idea and I've also give her some plain PHed water just incase it was nitrogen toxicity. Need some advice guys!?!
View attachment 1055098
Several things come to mind. Did you water in well with plain water with something like Superthrive. Always use a product that has B vitamins to reduce transplant shock. Also at this point, don't overfeed. Back to watering in. You might already know, but I will explain anyway. When transplanting, it's important to overwater a bit to eliminate all air pockets that may be around the roots. Also to make sure the root ball is nice and wet. Gives your baby the best chance at a nice, painfree transplant. At this stage if you use a nice mild solution, N toxicity should not be a problem. Let your plant tell you how to feed it. A nice, healthy plant is like art, I know it when I see it. By the way, your plant looks fine, except for the drooping. Give it a good watering in again, it looks like it's struggling a little to get enough water.
Good luck
RR1

Mr_Walker

Mr_Walker

Several things come to mind. Did you water in well with plain water with something like Superthrive. Always use a product that has B vitamins to reduce transplant shock. Also at this point, don't overfeed. Back to watering in. You might already know, but I will explain anyway. When transplanting, it's important to overwater a bit to eliminate all air pockets that may be around the roots. Also to make sure the root ball is nice and wet. Gives your baby the best chance at a nice, painfree transplant. At this stage if you use a nice mild solution, N toxicity should not be a problem. Let your plant tell you how to feed it. A nice, healthy plant is like art, I know it when I see it. By the way, your plant looks fine, except for the drooping. Give it a good watering in again, it looks like it's struggling a little to get enough water.
Good luck
RR1
Thanks for the response man, I'm glad she looks ok in your eyes, I've given her another watering and hopefully she will now bounce back within the next 2/3 days!

Rooke

Rooke

Thanks for the response man, I'm glad she looks ok in your eyes, I've given her another watering and hopefully she will now bounce back within the next 2/3 days!
Heya farmer, just wondering if you used ph’d water when you premoistened your soil before you transplanted it?

Rooke

Rooke

No I used a normal feed with added nutrients
You probably have dry spots in your soil. When you transplant it’s best to premoisten your soil with just ph’d water. Not so wet it drips when squeezing hard. I make a mould in the bigger pot using the pot it’s in so you don’t get gaps in your soil then just pot it in the hole you made shore up to desired ground level and voila! Bob’s your uncle! Then you can water her in a bit. Good luck with your gal!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom