Help early bud rot signs

• Thread starter Ben1221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ben1221

Ben1221

Noticed a couple of bud with this today on one of my plants. Looks like bud rot to me. I don’t understand. They have been. Greenhoused and dry since flowering. So far I only noticed on this plant. Are my other plants already screwed? Should I chop this one?
Help early bud rot signs

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That one is toast yeah, Botrytis spreads throughout the stems and infects the whole plant given enough time. Remove and destroy asap and keep a close eye on the other plants, and lower humidity as much as possible. Greenhouses might be dry but they tend to get really humid and can have limited air flow if you don't add fans in there to circulate the air. Bud rot fungus can be introduced to the plant through any number of ways, leafhoppers or other pests, or just spores in the air. And it thrives in high humidity.

Ponky

Ponky

I would personally.. you could save it. But get it far away from healthy plants that aren't sick yet.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

That might not be bud rot, per se.

I would inspect plants for caterpillars or tiny worms.

I hate to say it, but let’s hope it is caterpillars and not……

hemp borers, because I’ve seen those fuckers, and sweet Jesus you don’t want those.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That one is toast yeah, Botrytis spreads throughout the stems and infects the whole plant given enough time. Remove and destroy asap and keep a close eye on the other plants, and lower humidity as much as possible. Greenhouses might be dry but they tend to get really humid and can have limited air flow if you don't add fans in there to circulate the air. Bud rot fungus can be introduced to the plant through any number of ways, leafhoppers or other pests, or just spores in the air. And it thrives in high humidity.
This ^^^

Ben1221

Ben1221

That might not be bud rot, per se.

I would inspect plants for caterpillars or tiny worms.

I hate to say it, but let’s hope it is caterpillars and not……

hemp borers, because I’ve seen those fuckers, and sweet Jesus you don’t want those.
There are some inch worms here and there. How can I tell what this is before I chop it today? If it’s bud rot do you think all my plants would have it given there is bugs being outside and they are in close proximity? Just thinking if i should just keep chopping the bad buds if they all prob have the rot anyway.

Ben1221

Ben1221

DB, interested to see what you think about my latest question about the inch worms and other plants. FYI, I call it a green house but it is just greenhouse covering over canopy’s. Plenty of ventilation at the bottom.

Billymgb

Billymgb

This year I planted 4 auto's outside in the ground and a week after I transplanted them into the garden they started flowering like they should and by the end of June they had been flowering for 5 weeks and looking great. We had many days of rain from mid June to mid July and I was trying to keep up with drying them off and still lost all 4 to bud rot. So I determined that for me auto's will be grown inside. Lol sorry for rambling. Good luck with your grow

Ben1221

Ben1221

This year I planted 4 auto's outside in the ground and a week after I transplanted them into the garden they started flowering like they should and by the end of June they had been flowering for 5 weeks and looking great. We had many days of rain from mid June to mid July and I was trying to keep up with drying them off and still lost all 4 to bud rot. So I determined that for me auto's will be grown inside. Lol sorry for rambling. Good luck with your grow
Thanks man. My first two were autos and they both got the rot. Was able to harvest early and save about 25%. That was about a month and a half ago. Thinking the bud rot came from them? Idk

stltoed

stltoed

I just had Botrytis in two outdoor plants in Southern California. You just never know. Both plants went in the bin with their soil and smartpots... its a bad deal. It started with what looked like PM. Then buds just started to fall apart.

Make doubly sure it's bud rot. Someone said double check for bugs especially catapillars, and they were completely correct. If they are clean of creatures then they probably gotta go...

Ben1221

Ben1221

I just had Botrytis in two outdoor plants in Southern California. You just never know. Both plants went in the bin with their soil and smartpots... its a bad deal. It started with what looked like PM. Then buds just started to fall apart.

Make doubly sure it's bud rot. Someone said double check for bugs especially catapillars, and they were completely correct. If they are clean of creatures then they probably gotta go...
There are some inch worms here or there. How do I know if it’s bud rot for sure?

Ponky

Ponky

There are some inch worms here or there. How do I know if it’s bud rot for sure?
It's soft. Light Grey and brown. Fuzzy. And the external signs of it are a yellow leaf tip. And once you starts breaking into it the bud falls apart.

stltoed

stltoed

Well, when yout buds start falling off its easier to tell. It's a tough situation. You can't keep this stuff around as the spores will become airborne it spreads easily. But you don't want to waste perfectly good plants. I have to say, it really looks like it. Another name for the stuff is gray mold... its an apt description

Top Bottom