Help first time grower

• Thread starter Blu3s94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blu3s94

Blu3s94

I am 6 weeks into my first time growing. Started from seed.

I have been using foxfarm ocean forest soil, adjusting ph of water, and am running California lightworks 275 solarsystem.

As you can see from the photo leaves are turning yellow/brown.

What do I do?

Thanks

Help first time grower
Help first time grower 2
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Heres what you do..

Get a ph pen check your water ph.

then water.

then..

check the PH of the RUN OFF.

Compare the difference..

Adjust your PH so the ROOT ZONE ph is closer to a 6-6.5

And that will stop locking out what looks to be potassium but i've been drinking so.. ask someone else :P

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

You have been drinking Dabbie.
Hey man welcome to the farm. Check Out this article on humidity and temperature correlations. it will save you some annoyance in the long run. Definitely Debbie is onto something with the lock out. Raise your rH or drop your temp and the plant will be able to access the nutrience it needs.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You have been drinking Dabbie.
Hey man welcome to the farm. Check Out this article on humidity and temperature correlations. it will save you some annoyance in the long run. Definitely Debbie is onto something with the lock out. Raise your rH or drop your temp and the plant will be able to access the nutrience it needs.

I will not deny :P

But VPD won't change a PH lock out issue.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I'mma have to go with a mix here..

I'm seeing evidence of both..

the new new groth is showing signs of mag def, and the older growth could be light burn or mag def, thats a lil harder to say., but the new growth is not hard to say ...

Dark green veins.. light leaf color all sighs of mag, along with heat issues.

Blu3s94

Blu3s94

I ordered cal-mag. Will use it Friday. Unfortunately the plants are getting worse daily!

I checked PH of runoff water and it was OK. My led lights are raised as high as possible and are correct according to manufacturer.

Also my temp stays around 75-80° an humidity around 45-60%

So hopefully it is a deficiency. These plants are staying very short and bushy!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I ordered cal-mag. Will use it Friday. Unfortunately the plants are getting worse daily!

I checked PH of runoff water and it was OK. My led lights are raised as high as possible and are correct according to manufacturer.

Also my temp stays around 75-80° an humidity around 45-60%

So hopefully it is a deficiency. These plants are staying very short and bushy!
very short and bushy? for a while? others growing better?
could be a root problem.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

I feel ya pain damn! I'm on my 1st grow and I just had a little overwatering issue at the start but managed to resolve it pretty quickly. Things are going good now. I would probably say it looks like nutrient burn or possibly nitrogen toxicity but can't really tell from the pics, get some close ups. Give the a flush and leave em for a few days and see how they react!

Blu3s94

Blu3s94

I feel ya pain damn! I'm on my 1st grow and I just had a little overwatering issue at the start but managed to resolve it pretty quickly. Things are going good now. I would probably say it looks like nutrient burn or possibly nitrogen toxicity but can't really tell from the pics, get some close ups. Give the a flush and leave em for a few days and see how they react!

I havent fed any nutrients so it couldnt be that...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe, but like I said my light is about 36" from the tallest of the plant.. which is supposedly correct according to California light works
Of that's the case I would say potassium. But probably another reason than lack of. As was said PH, salinity or possibly watering practices leading to lockout. High P can also do it.

Top Bottom