Help flowering!!

• Thread starter markkelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markkelly

Hi im new to growing,iv got 6 girls and looking to put them into flower next week,I know that i have to switch the lights on 12-12,but do i switch onto 12-12 straight away? or do i gradually work up to 12-12?also what node should a plant go up to to be the optimal time for flowering?

Cheers thanks for your help

B

BlueWater

Yes just put them straight to 12/12, that will switch them to flowering. It needs to be 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness.

R

Radio_Dread

you could do either, although a gradual decrease will take longer but would be more like nature ya know. i have never done this(never wanted to waste the time) so i just go straight into 12/12.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Tou could also turn your lights off completely for three days...no light at all...zero...then on the forth day go to 12/12..it's an option, not a requirement..any of the above choices will work as well..just make sure you're using a HPS bulb and not a metal halide. Actually, you could opt to use both...the combination works very well.

D

dooobster

Yep... just change your time to 12 on - 12 off. No need to ease them into it, it just prolongs things. Won't hurt 'em to switch right over.

W

WomBat

if you have to transplant them before you put them in 12\12 leave them in 18\6 for like a week before just so they settele in to there new pots jmho =]

M

markkelly

Flowing Help

Thanks for your replys,im gonna do the 3 days of darkness then onto 12-12,there just a few more things i'll like to know

What node does a plant need to be on to be the optimal time to flower?

atm im using sensi grow part a & b,in flowering im going onto sensi bloom part a & b do i have to change the nutes in anyway like flushing before i change onto bloom,i know to flush them for 2 weeks before the end.im only using 1/2 recommended dose on sensi grow a & b do i do this with the sensi bloom aswell

cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When (to flip) for optimal (flowering) totally depends on how you're doing it. If you're SoGing it, then you want to flip them small, just a few nodes. If you're limited in plant numbers then measure. For instance, using 600W for a ScroG they were allowed to grow up into the screen (about 8") and then enough to be fed into the screen, a total of close to 30", which if kept upright is too tall, in my opinion, for a 600. So, it really depends on your light and technique more than anything else.

Why are you going to put them through three days of darkness? Also, why flush before flowering? Flushing is for finishing, before harvest, no need to do that when switching from veg to flower.

D

dooobster

There's no need to give them 3 days of darkness... Just gonna make them stretch like a mofo. Then they're gonna stretch more during flower, and you're gonna end up with some spindly bitches. Just flip to 12/12 and be done with it...

dlovejah

dlovejah

There's no need to give them 3 days of darkness... Just gonna make them stretch like a mofo. Then they're gonna stretch more during flower, and you're gonna end up with some spindly bitches. Just flip to 12/12 and be done with it...

I never answer these questions but I had to chime in when I read this.:bubblez:. Like my buddy Dooobs said dont put your plants in 3 days of darkness... Flip to 12/12 and away you go... d:heartjah. Dont make it harder than it has to be.( a lot of guys put there plants in darkness for a few days after there done flowering to increase resin content.).GOOD LUCK

W

weedbaker

like they said only dark should be normal hrs don't try no crazy shit

B

bluetooth

like doobster said no need for any darkness just go 12/12 when ya ready

M

Mr.Toque

Markkelly,
im also a new grower and heard of people doing the 3 days of darkness schedule, on my personal grow i went from 24hr on straight to a 12/12hr, right after the first 12hrs of darkness i switched to the bloom nutes, i waited till my girls hit 18" to start 12/12 2 days after they where at 21", knowing this now i probably should of started 12/12 sooner maybe at 12", im using 600 watt hps light and started them under it after 3 nodes, but i do have some strech in between them, again i probably should of started sooner on the 12/12, but just wanted to see if this helps you any, this is my first grow and im not a pro by any means but i hope this helps with trail and error,

good luck on ur girls bro

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
"It's an option, not a requirement...." Some of the guys I know that have been at it for a very long long time like it...others poo poo it....whatever floats your boat...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
3 days of dark before flipping sounds like a time-waster to me. If there is a solid, factual, proven reason to do it, then lay it on us. I'd love to know the why's for doing it, doesn't use much power and I'm beholden to PG&Evil anyway.

Top Bottom