Help for Clogged Trim-Tray Screen

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

As the title says...my screen is clogged, and I need to clean it. I'd rather not put in the oven to warm the clogs. Would isopropyl work?

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

I use a new toothbrush to clean mine. I turn it upside down and brush from the bottom and it unclogs it very easily. Also, my grinder mesh in particular needs a toothbrush after I grind up anything above 25% THC, but it is a little harder to clean than my trim tray screen.

7munkee

7munkee

I use a new toothbrush to clean mine. I turn it upside down and brush from the bottom and it unclogs it very easily. Also, my grinder mesh in particular needs a toothbrush after I grind up anything above 25% THC, but it is a little harder to clean than my trim tray screen.
I've used iso on my grinder and even boiled it before. Its brass. But My screen has had literally pounds sliding across it in the last 5 years since I bought it. I am wondering about the screen getting weakened if its glued in. Maybe a combination of toothbrush and iso.

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

I've used iso on my grinder and even boiled it before. Its brass. But My screen has had literally pounds sliding across it in the last 5 years since I bought it. I am wondering about the screen getting weakened if its glued in. Maybe a combination of toothbrush and iso.
Oh wow okay, that sounds like a much more serious job.
ISO will work, no doubt, but do many washes after you get it all. It could be done with something gentle like a makeup brush or a paint brush instead of a toothbrush if you are worried. I don't recall if THC dissolves in ISO or something, but it does something and it just comes right off.
One other thing you could do if you are worried about the adhesive is type your brand of trim screen into Google/YouTube and see how other people clean theirs, see if they use ISO or some other method.

7munkee

7munkee

ISO will work, no doubt, but do many washes after you get it all. It could be done with something gentle like a makeup brush or a paint brush instead of a toothbrush if you are worried. I don't recall if THC dissolves in ISO or something, but it does something and it just comes right off.
One other thing you could do if you are worried about the adhesive is type your brand of trim screen into Google/YouTube and see how other people clean theirs, see if they use ISO or some other method.
Its a Vivosun...most of my stuff is. And ISO is a degreaser, and it works on my Volcano dry vaporizer knock off. I've even used it successfully for my bong and brass pipes. Adding the toothbrush to the equation takes my fear out of using ISO on my trim tray.

P

Phyto

ISO or a high proof alcohol is what you use to extract THC from cannabis for oils/tintures, and you only need to wash it for about 20-30 seconds to dissolve the trichs.

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

ISO or a high proof alcohol is what you use to extract THC from cannabis for oils/tintures, and you only need to wash it for about 20-30 seconds to dissolve the trichs.
There you go, so ISO will work very well for @7munkee as it will dissolve 5-6 years of trichs.
Adding the toothbrush to the equation takes my fear out of using ISO on my trim tray.
If you use ISO and some kind of brush you will be able to be much more careful with the cleaning, because ISO will do like 95% of the work for you. I didnt realise it actually dissolved the trichs but I knew it did something, it just slips off.

P

Phyto

I've used iso on my grinder and even boiled it before. Its brass. But My screen has had literally pounds sliding across it in the last 5 years since I bought it. I am wondering about the screen getting weakened if it’s glued in. Maybe a combination of toothbrush and iso.
Consider saving the used iso in a glass container after the screen is washed, Carefully vaporize off the iso (realize it’s highly flammable) and you might find some tasty stuff at the bottom!

Top Bottom