help for pot sizes

• Thread starter charlesweedmore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

charlesweedmore

hi for everyone

i have homebox XL 120cm X 120 cm (4' X 4' ) grow tent for flowering room with 600w hps.
i grow in soil with organic nutes.

i will grow 12 or 15 girls at the same time.

i keep the girls at vegging phase for 30 days

i am thinking about beginning in solo cups (or 1 litre pots ? ) and after 15 days of vegging,i will transplant girls into pots ( 4 or 8 litre ? ).
and when i begin flowering stage,i will use pots (15 or 20 litre or bigger ? )

how big pots should i use ?

i will transplant 2 times and i will use 3 different sizes pots

i need your advices about pot sizes.

(begiining and first 15 days in cups ,untill the end of vegging stage and duirng all flowering stage )

thanks

R

r z n b a l l

are you trying to grow single cola buds like in a SOG, or bushy regular plants with more then one stem?

S

Skunkenstein

If your Going to be using cuttings/clones? Transplant those straight into 12l/3gal. containers and veg your plants to 18-20inches under 400w Mh.You need either mh or powerful Floros to induce good root growth.Veg Growth in my Opinion is ''All about'' rootgrowth.The hps light is not the right color spectrum for root-growth.Plus you'll get 'too much' stretch with that spectrum.You want those plants growing roots and nice foliage, while staying compact.Your plants will be more efficient at producing 'Bud' if you keep them fairly short..tall gangly plants do not recieve enough light penetration after the 2 week stretch[fIRST 2 WEEKS AFTER 12/12] to produce good bud down low.Depending on the strain, the 'Stretch' can be significant.I would also consider cutting the amount of plants in half in a 4x4 space..especially if your hand watering..You'll want a little 'Wiggle room'.I run a 600 in a 4x4..Make sure you have a air-cooled hood or tube, Fresh air,via squirrel fan or Hurricane, and a humidifier might also be needed depending on your Locale.The 4x4 space can get mighty 'Dry' running the bigger wattage lights,Fans,Carbon scrubbers ect.Hope some of this info helps..Good Luck !!

C

charlesweedmore

thanks dudes

it is my first grow.

@r z n b a l l

i will juts put the seeds pots and i will grow.i wont try sog or scrog at first time

@ Skunkenstein

i know MH is the best for vegging but i spent too much for everything,i will buy mh in the future,but not now.

i will use dual spectrum hps lamp with 4 X 36 watt floros @ 6000K on the corners of the grow tent.

i will also use 100 watt CFL @6500K daylight for first 10 days for rooting

how many plants should i grow in 4' X 4' grow tent under 600w hps ?

i am planning to begin 1 litre pots and i will put them in 11L pots after first 15 days.and girls will be in the these 11 L pots untill harvest

is it ok ?

hubcap

hubcap

my first REAL indoor grow...
i budgeted $200 for it....

ended up WELL over $1k.

and dont regret it ONE bit.

R

RAINMAN

I would look into Airpots! I use the 5 gallon version and it is supposed to be like growing in 7-8 gallon reg. pots. Smaller pots with faster veg and vigor. Sounds like they would really set your grow off. They make them from 2 gallon up to 10-15 gallon. Good luck either way.

hubcap

hubcap

got a full run in with these airpots rainman?

im interested in feedback.
someone else was running them too, but the farmers name escapes me....
im burnt.

B

British_Hempire

Hi Charles

I would go for 16 plants, I would start in 1 litre pots, keep them in those until they have filled the pots with roots (might take more than 2 weeks) then repot into 4 litres and veg them until they show sex, then I would repot the females into 8 litre pots and start them flowering. You are looking at 4-6 weeks veg till they show sex I reckon, but it's dependent on strain, also, cutting down the number of hours of light in veg from 18 to 16 after 3-4 weeks will encourage them to show sex. The straight into 15 litre pots would work but I would wait till they show sex before repotting into 15 litres to avoid wasting time, space, soil etc on males.

C

charlesweedmore

i didnt know it is possible to show whether they are female in vegging stage.

after last transplant,can i go to flowering immediately,or should i wait 1 week or so on so that they could get used to their new pots.

thanks mate

Top Bottom