Help for when Maui Wowie is ready

• Thread starter MTBKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MTBKush

MTBKush

I am looking for information on how Maui Wowie looks when ready to be harvested. I am aware of the days in bloom, and very close to that 70th day. But do I go by days in bloom or physical changes in the plant! Do the trichomes get cloudy? Blooming has slowed down starting this week. No change in leaf color present at this time.
I am not dialed in with this particular variety yet, so any information is helpful.
I use Emerald Harvest 3 part Grow, Micro, Bloom and Honey chome.I also add Terminator and Bigbud.
This point I only give them Honey chime, Micro, Terpinator and Big bud.
Thanks for your help!

growsince79

growsince79

Another fake post. No pic means you don't really want an answer.

Billymgb

Billymgb

Not sure what no Aloha means but my answer to you is You go by the trichomes. If you have a loop just look for all cloudy or amber if that's what you want. But as far as I know it doesn't matter what the strain is, you always go by the trichomes. Good luck my friend. Oh We all would love to see some pics.

MTBKush

MTBKush

All the alohas in the world can't answer your question if you don't have pics.

Aloha will teach you manners.
You can always improve your approach. If that's not good enough well you just got to wait until I go to them again.

Screenshot 20201220 174854
MTBKush

MTBKush

Yes I am aware of the trichome thing I been aware of it for 20 yrs.
I know of others that don't change color. The Hawian Blood Line. Trichomes don't change color.
It has distinct growing habits.
Please don't make me send pics at this time to prove that.

MTBKush

MTBKush

I know of others that don't change color. The Hawian Blood Line. Trichomes don't change color.

Well you got your pic ? LOL! You are funny.
So now what do you think? Are you able to see anything? I do not see well so pics can be iffy

growsince79

growsince79

I know lots of sativa's won't get amber until long after it's ripe, but I never saw one that doesn't get cloudy. Maybe just wait till they swell n smell.

MTBKush

MTBKush

I know lots of sativa's won't get amber until long after it's ripe, but I never saw one that doesn't get cloudy. Maybe just wait till they swell n smell.
Very good. I will watch. I have not able to learn how to manage this this first time around.
Swell and smell oh yeah!
Thanks.
I will send more pics later. Can't do it now.

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there Sativa strains can be very slow to ripen my amnesia haze went 12 weeks she stalled on uptake just before that and that’s when I should have chopped if you notice that happening I would chop imho. Take care🙏

growsince79

growsince79

Very good. I will watch. I have not able to learn how to manage this this first time around.
Swell and smell oh yeah!
Thanks.
I will send more pics later. Can't do it now.
Looks close but need better pics. Even then it's just a guess. Only you can smell it. Listen to your nose. Gl and buku alohas.

growsince79

growsince79

The last pic looks like it still has a couple weeks left. The pics before that look swelled and about done. I'd probably split the difference.

Last edited:
MTBKush

MTBKush

Looks like it still has a couple weeks left.

I think so too. Thanks for your help. I have other Hawian stains, they all have different appearances at the end.
Good more carbs I guess. Get them fatten up now.
Aloha to you my friend.

growsince79

growsince79

I think so too. Thanks for your help. I have other Hawian stains, they all have different appearances at the end.
Good more carbs I guess. Get them fatten up now.
Aloha to you my friend.
Are those seeds from a seed company, or just local?

Top Bottom