help getting a foot in the cannabis industry

• Thread starter jiggaboojones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

so fl . has just opened its firt canna college and is on its way to a nov election for mmj .
I have just enrolled in the first class to get a certificate as a pre req to gain employement in the co . or college / grower . if the bill is passed . I have atleast five years in growing xp and well over that in the culture . proffesionally I have management xp n know dollars and sense like common sense. however combining them all is defa new ball game . one of the classes biggest aims is to help its students build a professional portfolio as a reference for hire in the uprising of Florida's mmj structure .. I am reaching out to anyonewilling to lend their xp or advice into helping me build a solid foundation in my future in this industry . tips on presentation or precations to take beyond the growers perspective if you will . thanx

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

what are they going to teach?

no regulatory environment exist to help those navigate, nor is anything set in stone on who can grow.

isn't teaching someone how to grow cannabis illegal here? I would not trust the school if they are jumping the gun as it may draw the unwanted attention from leo.

what professional portfolio can they help build?

im sorry if I seem like im hating on the school but I just don't see what value they bring to the table, just leo attention.

if you have mngmt exp then draw from that and look to your local SMBDC to assist with the various business stuff. SCORE (service core of retired executives) is also a resource that may be of use to you.

in short, go to the agencies that have been helping individuals w/small business' for decades.......this is just another legal ag commodity and approach it as that.

peace

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

...I have just enrolled in the first class to get a certificate as a pre req to gain employement in the co . or college / grower . if the bill is passed ...

I overlooked this part but who said any course/that course was a pre-req to get in the industry?

get your money back b/c next they will offer oceanfront property in Arizona.

Cort

Cort

Unless its made law from the state that you need THIS school then its a scam.

Shady places to get your med card in Cali sometimes offer a "growers card" for $200+ and thats a scam too.

Find a product to sell to people who dont need it, then overcharge for it. That is the predominant skill in the MMJ community.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

What the fuck is a canna college anyway? I feel like its a way for these people to take advantage of people who think this "legal mmj" thing is easy and a quick way to make millions. I saw a video of the so called canna college in Cali and there was a guy "teaching" a bunch of people who probably never smoked weed in their lives. Anyway, you stated that you have five years experience and have management experience I personally would tell the so called college to give me my money back and invest in something that gives you a ROI. Good luck!!!

Cort

Cort

What the fuck is a canna college anyway? I feel like its a way for these people to take advantage of people who think this "legal mmj" thing is easy and a quick way to make millions. I saw a video of the so called canna college in Cali and there was a guy "teaching" a bunch of people who probably never smoked weed in their lives. Anyway, you stated that you have five years experience and have management experience I personally would tell the so called college to give me my money back and invest in something that gives you a ROI. Good luck!!!
Its not limited to MMJ. Its "for profit" schools in general.

For a while I was thinking of changing lines of work. Always been good w/ computers so decided to look into school. The local "for profit" vocational type school wanted over 9k for an A+ cert (basically able to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems) They help with job placement and then you pay in easy monthly payments.

That kind of cert lands you a job on the Geek Squad at best buy. You can go take the test for 150 after free online study courses.

Selling the dream of a better life is nothing new.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Its not limited to MMJ. Its "for profit" schools in general.

For a while I was thinking of changing lines of work. Always been good w/ computers so decided to look into school. The local "for profit" vocational type school wanted over 9k for an A+ cert (basically able to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems) They help with job placement and then you pay in easy monthly payments.

That kind of cert lands you a job on the Geek Squad at best buy. You can go take the test for 150 after free online study courses.

Selling the dream of a better life is nothing new.

I went to a tech school as part of a program with my high school. I spent half they day there then the other half at my high school. Anyway, I got certs in most Microsoft products (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) also received a cert in IC3 and various other certifications. I was going to study A++ after some work in Visual basic but I had no interested in it. I began to learn HTML and Flash and also had no interest in these programs. The problem is the tech world is moving so fast that even the certs I received are all now irrelevant since that was over 8 years ago. I am now looking into the App world what do you think about the iphone/droid app concept @Cort

Cort

Cort

They can be very profitable, if you have a solid idea for an app that people want. The idea alone wont be enough, it needs to be well coded and some lucky viral action.

"Betas" is a comedy based on the world of phone apps, I have no idea if its accurate but has its comedic moments.

I am not a coder. Have not written a line of code sense Apples "basic" language went out of style.

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

http://www.medicalmarijuanatampa.org/
ok now I completely agree at the fact that what can they possibly teach that I cant or don't already do on my own . however it is the ground floor of the state 's mmj and only provider at the time .. not only is this already in place but mustve had some legitimate state backing to let tis place open . it is te only one of its kind instate and I am able to gain emloyement at ths plce possibly . not only are they going to be a school of sorts but they will be a dispensary as well . so I am trying to get in a position as early as possible before I get washed away in a flood . its kind ofsilly to me but then again so is breaking my back for 8 bux n hour .getting affiliated or employed at this place very early on may open a lot of doors for me in fl. a lot of questions for sure because this state has noteven yet passed the bill .

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

fyi I haven't paid a nickel . but I am looking more into a career affiliated t a personal interest and a decent living . I have nopipe dreams of beingrich . I simply wantto be a legitimate proffesional .. this is a leagal company and the only one of its kind in state at multiple cities . it is a decent opertunity if you are familiar with fl . if it is successful . the money invested in all ths is proof af some serious state oproval to even open its doors . it seems as though the state will be funneling a lot of te base of its mmj through this co if passed . if it doesn't its just another for profit school of bs .
but , please g through thesite with an open mind that this is te only one of its kind at a grand scale or in existence period . this level of investment does not plan to fail . and is def not banking on just sellin seats for growing school .

Cort

Cort

CROWDSMART, INC. d/b/a MEDICAL MARIJUANA TAMPA is an institution that offers only avocational programs or courses, continuing education, or professional development programs or courses. Courses provided by CROWDSMART, INC. d/b/a MEDICAL MARIJUANA TAMPA are not designed or intended to qualify its participants and graduates for employment. They are intended solely for the avocation, personal enrichment, and enjoyment of its participants. CROWDSMART, INC. d/b/a MEDICAL MARIJUANA TAMPA does not represent directly or by implication, that the instruction will qualify the student for employment in an occupation for which a degree is not required in order to practice in Florida.
direct from home page.
If you want to take it, do so, but its not required. Its a money suck, thats it.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

...however it is the ground floor of the state 's mmj and only provider at the time .. not only is this already in place but mustve had some legitimate state backing to let tis place open ...not only are they going to be a school of sorts but they will be a dispensary as well...

I agree it is the ground floor but the ONLY provider of what?
C.E. courses in what? a regulatory environment that doesn't exist.
prof. development programs / courses........again go seek the help of S.M.B.D.C & S.C.O.R.E. for this.

I fail to see how just b/c they are operating under a dba that it implies backing by any state level politicians.

they hope to be a dispensary and if they imply otherwise then they are not completely honest.

good luck bro on your endeavors but beware of the schemers n scammers.

peace

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Hands on is all the knowledge you need my friend the more you do the more ya know just my 2 cents :D

S

ssteely71

I have a lot of experience with the Sunshine State. That school is a sham. There is no law AGAINST opening a " school". But I guarantee you that there won't be as much as a seedling being popped on that campus. So be prepared to learn a bunch of nothing. IMO.
Currently in Florida " engaging in or conspiring to cultivate marijuana" is a felony. Stay away from that campus.

jiggaboojones

jiggaboojones

i' am not goin there to learn to grow . I am going there to network for a job andpresent my knowledge t later be employed for te co.

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

...Currently in Florida " engaging in or conspiring to cultivate marijuana" is a felony. Stay away from that campus...

I agree but it seems like Jigga is set on attending the school so I hope he has his eyes open for anything that just doesn't seem right........trust your gut.

peace

Top Bottom