Help! have a soilless soil question.

• Thread starter calibrian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calibrian

I'm a novice grower. I gotta nice big bag of coco shavings to start with, I'm going to need 3 more bags to fill all my pots. what else besides coco mix should I use. perlite? dolomite? do I use them in equal increments? I know some things are meant to adjust the ph of the soil but I'm more concerned about it's over texture, ability to hold moisture and aeration. what else should I use if anything?
Brand names would be good too but I really just need to know what to use is best.:rollj:

K

kushedoutmymind

perlite, vermiculite, 1/3 each i believe depends how much you want it to drain or not. and dolomite lime to balance ph.

J

jack_ripa

I am new to soiless as well, do you need lime in soiless mixes?

Melvan

Melvan

The most important thing about a soil less mix is making sure that it's loose enough for proper drainage. Honestly, it would be better to just get a $28 bale of Pro-Mix BX, which is already mixed to perfection. I can do a 6 plant grow 3 times before needing to buy more, and have plenty to put all the rooted cuttings I need into solo cups.

Make sure when you start feeding those plants you follow the instructions for a soil less mix with other nutrients.

Have you got your grow area all set up and under control already?

Top Bottom