Help! Help! Help!

• Thread starter SeaLMeaT253
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

A friend of mine ran into this problem day before yesterday and I have never dealtwith this before. Any suggestions? Or is he screwed:-( He is in a 4x8 tent with a sog type setup and using a 4"centrifugal for extraction.

Help help help
Natural

Natural

He needs a sulfur burner..never had to go that late with them, but I think he can run them up to 5 weeks at least. In the middle of lights out, with all fans off..about 6 hours the first time. Wait 2-3 days then burn for 2-3 hours. That should do it..but he can run a 3rd time. Some do weekly burns till middle of flower. I only do a burn in veg, but I filter my intake..which I do recommend doing. He should trim out some of the lowers too and be careful not to let the pots dry out too much while keeping good ventilation air movement going.

Natural

Natural

oh ya..and don't fill the sulfur pellets too full it can bubble when it melts and make a mess of things. I like to fill the pot about 50-60% full..that will give you a couple burns then just top off when it gets too low. If you want to remove the "sulfur puck" stick the pot in the freezer to make it easier to come out. It stinks like a match factory so make sure he tightens up the vents on the tent, etc. Then when done wait an hour and turn filters back on.

Natural

Natural

One last thing...a 4" fan is not going to cut it in a 4x8 tent..especially if it is pulling through a filter. He needs to step it up to at least a 6"...like a nice vortex. The cheaper the fan the more the motor drags when introduced to resistance like lights or filters.

J

jaybudding

Offically screwed sorry but I would scrap it and start over! Hope the sulfer works for you without that taste coming thru!! Don't like being negative but man I hate any BS happening during flower!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
JMS Stylet oil is your friend here, as is isopropyl alcohol and H2O2 (or other strong peroxides).

Jaybudding, with all respect, I disagree strongly here. What is required is simply a bit more diligence, better air movement and having a few products on hand. PM is never going away.

Disinfection is as simple as isopropyl alcohol.

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

JMS Stylet oil is your friend here, as is isopropyl alcohol and H2O2 (or other strong peroxides).

Jaybudding, with all respect, I disagree strongly here. What is required is simply a bit more diligence, better air movement and having a few products on hand. PM is never going away.

Disinfection is as simple as isopropyl alcohol.
Thanks Sea, i truely value your feed back:-) Got it taken care of without having to resort to the sulfer. Did a second run through with the JMS and it seems to have stopped for the time being. My friend says thank you also:-)

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
foliar compost tea with bennies added. Improve air circ. Bottom of the attached page tells why this works. Let me know if you'd like all of this info...

Scan0001

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

Offically screwed sorry but I would scrap it and start over! Hope the sulfer works for you without that taste coming thru!! Don't like being negative but man I hate any BS happening during flower!
Got it taken care of(or so it seems). I know what you are saying though, problems during flower suck and can greatly effect the outcome and if not taken care of in a timely fashion will destroy a crop. Hopefully in this case my buddy has solved the issue. Thanks for your feedback.

Natural

Natural

Please don't use a sulfur burner in a room with plants in it.
please don't comment like that unless you have something to back it up...sulfur is an organic nutrient that plants need and in itself is very low toxicity. That is why it is highly accepted use in organic greenhouses worldwide. Although, the moment you ignite or vaporize sulfur to combustion temps is when we get sulfur dioxide...and sulfuric acid components. This is why vaporizers utilize very low temps.

alpinehi

alpinehi

It generally doesn't pose any serious health risks (i.e. you probably won't die) in small amounts. Sulfur, when ingested can cause inflammation of the nose and throat, vomiting, abdominal pain and can have a laxative effect. These are not things I want any of my patients, let a lone any sick person to experience.

Natural

Natural

If used properly there aren't any residuals..except what is in the plant via organic nutrients from soil.
If you use sulfur too late you will taste and smell it when burned..this, I can agree is to be avoided. Avoiding using it all together is pure malarky..if that is the case remind your "patients" to never ingest vitamins such as biotin or thiamine and without it the bonds in skin keratin wouldn't exist..which is that distinct odor when we burn skin..hair and feathers.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Everything we expose the plants to will be in the plants. Even in very small amounts that we cannot detect. And yes, plants need sulfur in small amounts

J

jaybudding

Sorry you will never get the PM out of the middle of the colas billions of spores around the whole tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom