Help ,how to i save my plants,

• Thread starter Foxykelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxykelly

Foxykelly

Then its probably not Β£25/week or Β£100/month just to run a 600 watt light. That would be some outrageously expensive electricity. The extra produce gained by using a grow light should cover the real cost of the additional electricity several times over.
When my plants were seedlings I stuck them in a little cupboard with led lights and I didn't notice change in my electricity price, but ide assume proper lights would cost more, as when I see homes raided on TV πŸ˜‚, they always have hot wired electricity, I know that's a different scale from my 3 but just saying, so electricity must be high for proper equipment, as most people here can afford electricity normally😊

FourthCity

FourthCity

When my plants were seedlings I stuck them in a little cupboard with led lights and I didn't notice change in my electricity price, but ide assume proper lights would cost more, as when I see homes raided on TV πŸ˜‚, they always have hot wired electricity, I know that's a different scale from my 3 but just saying, so electricity must be high for proper equipment, as most people here can afford electricity normally😊
Doesn't matter what kind of equipment, a watt is a watt, it costs the same no matter the device using it. A 600 watt led by definition uses the same amount of power as a 600 watt hps. Im not suggesting the op convert their entire home into one big grow operation with dozens of lights so I don't think any hot wiring would be necessary. I have 8 grow lights going in my basement for veg and flower equaling just under 3000 watts, they cost less than $100/month to run and didn't require any sketchy electrical setup.

Freaky75

Freaky75

Trust me fourth city . I've just finished a grow in a store 6x8 . 5 plants , couple fans , a/ c unit ,humidifier. Fridge on . 25 Β£ and it was up to 37p kWh at one point . Scotland do no about down south tho . I'll take a pic of the smart metre tomorrow

Freaky75

Freaky75

Doesn't matter what kind of equipment, a watt is a watt, it costs the same no matter the device using it. A 600 watt led by definition uses the same amount of power as a 600 watt hps. Im not suggesting the op convert their entire home into one big grow operation with dozens of lights so I don't think any hot wiring would be necessary. I have 8 grow lights going in my basement for veg and flower equaling just under 3000 watts, they cost less than $100/month to run and didn't require any sketchy electrical setup.
a small led you won't but plug a 600w Hps in and you can watch the money tick down . Don't hot wire lol

Freaky75

Freaky75

It's how efficient the light can produce for the watage it's uses that's why you get equivalent watt for led and Hps are in lux lumens and not . Also Hps produces a lot wasted heat the led can put most energy into producing light . So a watt is never a watt comparing Hps to led

Latest posts

Top Bottom