Help I’m a newby

• Thread starter Taktookato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

Should I water till runoff directly after transplant.??

I mix 1/4-strength bloom nutrients, pre-wet the bottom of the larger container's soil. I pour the runoff back through to get it very wet. Then move the smaller container's contents into the larger (hopefully the bottom pre-wetted layer is tall enough for the old container's content to sit almost flush with the top of the new container.). Fill in the sides with new soil (not wet yet. Although you could prewet it.). I water those sides, and the old soil in the center using the 1/4-strength bloom nutes. I pour the runoff back through the sides to make sure they'e saturated.

That's the only time I ever pour runoff back into the soil, when I'm pre-wetting and transplanting (to get the sides saturated). I might pour it in 3-4 times with a few minutes between each pour, make sure it is satuated. If you pre-wet the soil, you wouldn't reuse the runoff the way I do. But, working with prewet soil is sloppy/messy. I've never had any problems (that I noticed) from this wetting using the runoff.

chemistry

chemistry

Hey guys,
So my 3 gallon smart pots came in today.
I’m gonna Transplant tomorrow.
How should I go about watering.
Should I water till runoff directly after transplant.??

If I were you I'd transplant, then water with nuits of around 600ppm to leach the over feed down, 600 being less until you get your ppm's down. Then watch them bounce back.

T

Taktookato

So I did my transplant yesterday. Water for RO water till 20% run off. My ppm went down to 1200-1300. Ph was at 5.7-6. Transplant was good. No roots damage wile transplant.
Today I checked them out. They looked good but the top leaves where closing on each other pointing upwards. Like clapping
Any Idea

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Either you slightly overfed, or your light is to close, that's a hole lotta light.

visajoe1

visajoe1

whenever in doubt, just feed ph'd water (in soil). That will flush excess out and allow the plant to eventually access nutes that may be locked out. That soil is hot as fire, i looked it up, its 14:10:18. Just give them water for the next 10 days at least, they'll be fine. Consider happy frog next time

T

Taktookato

whenever in doubt, just feed ph'd water (in soil). That will flush excess out and allow the plant to eventually access nutes that may be locked out. That soil is hot as fire, i looked it up, its 14:10:18. Just give them water for the next 10 days at least, they'll be fine. Consider happy frog next time

View attachment 892085
Should I water them daily??

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

I believe you water when the container is not heavy so try picking it up when its dry and wet so you have an idea how dry your soil is at least that's how I watered when I was growing in soil and didn't have any issues 👍😊

NinoGrows420

NinoGrows420

Just wondering if you added extra perlite when you transplanted your girls I still say you might need some at least I dont think it will hurt!

visajoe1

visajoe1

I believe you water when the container is not heavy so try picking it up when its dry and wet so you have an idea how dry your soil is at least that's how I watered when I was growing in soil and didn't have any issues 👍😊
This is best practice for soil watering @Taktookato

T

Taktookato

Hello guys.
So just an update. After the transplant, the ladies grow massively and are in much better health. Yet my soil is still wet and transplanted Friday night, is that normal. How long should I wait for my next water.

Another thing, I pruned yesterday ( final prune before flower) and plants top leaves closed on each other again( praying). Is also normal.
Tnx

Top Bottom