Help I’m a newby

• Thread starter Taktookato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

can Anyone help me with some steps
To get these babies back on track
Check the PH of your runoff, if PH is optimal, slightly increase N, If adding N has no effect, add trace minerals, if that doesnt work, I dont know. DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is my personal opinion, and is how I would go about it if it were me. In no way would I ever claim that my way is the right way and the only right way. There is more than one road to take to Graceland. Good luck!

chemistry

chemistry

@Dirtbag is the man in your department, have a look at his grow.

T

Taktookato

So you think is nutes lock out?
Ph problem
QUOTE="Beachwalker, post: 2286436, member: 103131"]
I posted diagnosis & steps to fix it in the English language on your first page, but I'm guessing it wasn't the diagnosis you wanted to hear?
[/QUOTE]

az2000

az2000

I started adding nutes with every water according to what the bio Bizz chart says. But I’m applying half the quantities they say

When did you start adding nutes? I'm wondering if the lower leaves (which look N-def) might be the result of not feeding enough some time ago? The upper leaves don't look N deficient.

As mentioned in your third thread, I think they look overwatered. If you're keeping the soil too wet, not allowing it to dry, that could cause the soil to turn acidic, making N unavailable. The soil goes through a full point range of ph from wet to dry. If you don't let it dry enough, that can limit nutrients that are available at higher ph.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What soil are you using? Have you tested runoff ppm? Without knowing exactly what is in the soil, what ppm and ph is going in and what ppm is coming out it's hard to say. Whatever the media is it appears to have no perlite or anything to aid drainage. Are you getting a bit of runoff when you water?

Based on the yellowing being bottom up I agree with @Burned Haze, Its likely a mobile nutrient deficiency and Nitrogen fits the signs.

Could be one of several reasons; Not enough N in the feed from too low a feed rate or imbalanced ratio ferts. Could be not enough Calcium in the soil which is important for N uptake, Could be excessive nutrients in the soil preventing uptake. Based on some of the burning leaves I'm leaning toward the last one.

Need to know all the variables I mentioned above to determine which one is causing it for sure though.

T

Taktookato

What soil are you using? Have you tested runoff ppm? Without knowing exactly what is in the soil, what ppm and ph is going in and what ppm is coming out it's hard to say. Whatever the media is it appears to have no perlite or anything to aid drainage. Are you getting a bit of runoff when you water?

Based on the yellowing being bottom up I agree with @Burned Haze, Its likely a mobile nutrient deficiency and Nitrogen fits the signs.

Could be one of several reasons; Not enough N in the feed from too low a feed rate or imbalanced ratio ferts. Could be not enough Calcium in the soil which is important for N uptake, Could be excessive nutrients in the soil preventing uptake. Based on some of the burning leaves I'm leaning toward the last one.

Need to know all the variables I mentioned above to determine which one is causing it for sure though.
Im getting my ppm meter tomorrow.
How much should the ppm of the water be at this stage when I irrigate and how much should the runoff ppm be?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im getting my ppm meter tomorrow.
How much should the ppm of the water be at this stage when I irrigate and how much should the runoff ppm be?

What media are you in? peat based? coco? Soil?

Are you using tap water? well water? Reverse osmosis?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Without knowing what's in that exactly I'd have to guess you have nute lockout from trying to feed additional fertilizer to already hot soil. How long did you feed plain water before starting to add nutes?

Honestly I'm a soiless grower and dont really mess around with premixed soils much. Being me, I'd be tempted to rinse the snot out of it until I had runoff below 800ppm, recharge it with fresh surfactant and calcium and feed it a balanced nutrient. But that would be just to make it more how I personally like to grow, It may very well just need a bit of a rinse and to be fed plain water for several feedings to see how it recovers. I think you fed them a bit too soon is all.

Let us know what your runoff ppm looks like.

T

Taktookato

Ok so I got my ppm meter. And it’s was through the roof. Run off was at 1600 to 1800.
I gave them pure water with until they drained well. Will do that again until ppm is right.
Hope they recover.
Also they were under watered today. Leafs were drooping a bit

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

my initial thoughts at beginning of this post, were wet feet - it would give you those yellowing lower leaves, and new growth with burnt/yellow tips.

let the soil mix dry out between watering and see how it is. see if there is same damage on new growth from now, after you made these adjustments.

Last edited:
W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

If your runoff was 1600+ i wouldn't just add water but i would take her out and really flush her until the ppm goes below 700 and then take her back in and not feed/water her for atlist 2days.

Good luck

az2000

az2000

Runoff ppms don't appear to be a universal indicator in all soils. In my light, airy soil, I don't pay attention to the runoff ppm in veg. When I've looked at it, it's in the 600-1000 range. But, in early flower, it goes vertical. I have my feed strength dialed in so that it stays around 1600-1800. When I was dialing it in, 2400-2500 was where lockout occurred. (So, 2000 is where I take corrective action. 2200 is where I get very serious about it.).

So, 1600 doesn't sound bad. Maybe in veg it is. I don't think I've ever had it that high. But, if it's an amended, rich soil... these numbers may not mean anything. I've seen people in those soils with 3000 runoff, and no signs of problems.

I agree kampbe1. They look more like being kept too wet (which flushing would exacerbate). They don't look overfed.

T

Taktookato

Hey guys,
So my 3 gallon smart pots came in today.
I’m gonna Transplant tomorrow.
How should I go about watering.
Should I water till runoff directly after transplant.??

Latest posts

Top Bottom