Help, I cut my plants main cola

• Thread starter Ilike2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

My plants are currently just starting in flower. I was attempting to cut away a leaf so this spot gets more air. I ended up almost completely cutting off the whole top half of the plant. It’s being held together with a clip you use for cereal bags. Will it heal this way or am I screwed? Should I just cut the whole half off and let it grow from there? I’ve never had this happen before?

Help i cut my plants main cola
Help i cut my plants main cola 2
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

Ok, thank You for the advice. I took some duct tape and used that and i removed the clip. Not sure if the clip might damage the plant over time. How long will it take to heal and how do I know if my tape job actually worked? Here are some pics of it.

B55C8B57 48CB 48A4 90FA F95D9E17F58B
66372D17 EE3B 47CC A6BB 9A002C54B03E
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

It hasn’t wilted yet, but I don’t think it’ll wilt only after a couple hours. I don’t think I’ll know until tomorrow am.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

6+ weeks into flower and a heavy branch with 4 large flowers suddenly fell from the weight on my KIller Queen. I wired it back up in place and she didn't skip a beat. It will wilt pretty quickly if whatever you do doesn't work.
Did the branch completely break off or was it just bent leaving a pinch mark. I had that happen before, but it was just bent and not broken so I just counted it as super cropping.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Did the branch completely break off or was it just bent leaving a pinch mark. I had that happen before, but it was just bent and not broken so I just counted it as super cropping.
It pretty much completely broke right where the branch came out of the main stem....no pinch marks but a complete break except for a small thread of the outer stem that was on the underside of the branch still remained intact. I took a couple of photos for you. The first is the actual branch, one on the left, you can see where it broke and now has a lump forming on the bottom side. You cam also see that I just used some tie wire to wire it back together, no tape.

The other is the actual main flower that was affected. It actually was more than you can see in that photo and compromised about 25% of the whole plant!

IMG 0638

IMG 0639

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

It pretty much completely broke right where the branch came out of the main stem....no pinch marks but a complete break except for a small thread of the outer stem that was on the underside of the branch still remained intact. I took a couple of photos for you. The first is the actual branch, one on the left, you can see where it broke and now has a lump forming on the bottom side. You cam also see that I just used some tie wire to wire it back together, no tape.

The other is the actual main flower that was affected. It actually was more than you can see in that photo and compromised about 25% of the whole plant!

View attachment 1254912

View attachment 1254913
From the looks of it your plant healed nicely and you have a good harvest. Mine is actually the whole top half of the plant. About 50% of it, i hope mine can heal as good as yours. But I’ve read this is also a form of super cropping and will make me have a bigger yield. That would be nice.

Heywood

Heywood

When I checked on it this am the leaves are a little sad. I sure hope it makes it. Is this normal after a repair?
Just keep an eye on it for a few days. Your plant is now diverting energy to repair the break, so some leaf drooping may be expected.
If they totally go into wilting mode... that wouldn't be a great sign.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

you could just cut it and have a flat canopy...? bad idea?

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

After 2 days with the tape it looks like she’ll make it. Yesterday she was sad looking but today she’s looking like she did before. Is it true now that she healed I’ll get a bigger harvest from her? I was told it acts like super cropping.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I think supercropping is when the plant is still in veg or in the last stretch. I believe the premise is the while the plant is actively growing that stressed area will be a focal point for the plant's resources, therefore it will get more energy than it did before and become bigger, etc... But if not actively growing you're just doing what you can to keep that limb alive so that it will make it through harvest .

I'm glad for you that it made it. This happened to me before during stretch and I was able to save it with electrical tape

Top Bottom