Help! I Cut The Main Stem Of My Seedling!

• Thread starter Ane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ane

Ane

So I was travelling with my little seedling, and it snapped. I was going to duct tape it, but before I could go online to see what would be best, my mother insisted the best way forward was to just cut it off so it can grow properly again.

I then cut it, but soon saw that it was not the best way to fix the bent stem, as the little plant is literally still a baby with very few nodes.

Now, I'm not sure how to go forward - do I just leave it to grow back again slowly? Or can I apply some kind of magic healing powder or do something else to help it grow back properly?

Help i cut the main stem of my seedling
Help i cut the main stem of my seedling 2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Hmmm
This is gonna be tough. Not much growth to back anything up. But give this a shot.

Items needed
straw
tape
Cloning gel

Snip straw about 1/2", snip each end of the seedling so a fresh cut is there. On the bottom side, very very carefully make a very small slit downward labour 1/16". Apply clone gel on both sides. Slide top seedling part into notched lower seedling part. Carefully put straw around newly attached pieces. Wrap straw sort of tight around stem to act like a cast. Tape securely.

Cross fingers and hope.it works. It works when I f up a clone, veg or flower branch. Even works at week 7 in flower on a main cola.

Hope this helps.

Farmer P

Farmer P

You might get lucky and get some new growth from the two nodes you got left if you can keep it alive. Doesn't look very good though. Pop some new seeds.

Organikz

Organikz

Dude scrap it. Your soil mix doesn't look so good. What is it?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Let her ride it out. MJ is a very resilient plant. You will be amazed what you can create from mistakes that have been made by accidentally breaking branches, stems and roots.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Take two fingers pull on what's left of the stem directly up from soil and throw into trash ha lol just playing nothing but good vibes :) that is a big bummer tho :(

G gnome

G gnome

Let her ride it out. MJ is a very resilient plant. You will be amazed what you can create from mistakes that have been made by accidentally breaking branches, stems and roots.
I agree. Ride it out and see what happens but in the meantime start some new ones

Top Bottom