Help, I have no idea..

• Thread starter Tango4Bravo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

I have recently upgraded to new enclosure and lights. Purchased nutrients offline. I bought soil from menards but im not sure if its what I need. Ill post pictures of everything. My plants keep dying and I dont know why. It might be my soil? I bought a bag of "sunshine" soil and then added some sand, wood ashes and top soil. Someone at my job said I should add the ashes and sand. My plants started to brown and curl. I read that the ph might be high. I dont have a soil ph tester so they suggested testing with vinegar and baking soda. Well when I added the vinegar to my sample, it bubbled up really bad. So they suggested to lower the ph with sulfur. Which I added about a week ago. Any suggestions on what I need to do. I feel very stupid, please help.

Help i have no idea
20240314 093648
20240314 093700
20240314 093730
20240314 093453
20240314 093510
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have recently upgraded to new enclosure and lights. Purchased nutrients offline. I bought soil from menards but im not sure if its what I need. Ill post pictures of everything. My plants keep dying and I dont know why. It might be my soil? I bought a bag of "sunshine" soil and then added some sand, wood ashes and top soil. Someone at my job said I should add the ashes and sand. My plants started to brown and curl. I read that the ph might be high. I dont have a soil ph tester so they suggested testing with vinegar and baking soda. Well when I added the vinegar to my sample, it bubbled up really bad. So they suggested to lower the ph with sulfur. Which I added about a week ago. Any suggestions on what I need to do. I feel very stupid, please help.
well a few things have gone array,..
you didn’t do as bad as you think,.
and now that you’ve found us, we’ll help you with everything!,..
firstly do you have seeds to start over?

R

RGWD0202

I’d scrap that soil, it doesn’t have anything in it really other than peat, lime and perlite. You use fox farm nutes, see if you can find their soil. Your light may be too close, looks like it from photo, what light are you using and distance from plant? How often are you feeding with the fox farm nutrient? How often are you watering?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
we probably should change your medium,.
(nothing wrong with what you used)
can you get a bale of promix hp or promix bx etc?,.
probably should change your nutrients as well (again your nutrients your using are fine),.
what kind of grow light?

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

I have some seeds to start over. I was watering without nutes 2 days then 1 day with. I wasnt checking ph in water, which someone said thats important. So I have a ph tester coming and also ordered ph up and down.

The light I got is..
RDJ Bouns 2024 Fresh 720W LED Grow Light for 4x4 Grow Tent, Wide Body 6 Bar Grow Lights LM281B+ and EPI Diodes, Full Spectrum, with Sosen Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable, Perfect for Indoor Garden https://a.co/d/gMVJn3G

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have some seeds to start over. I was watering without nutes 2 days then 1 day with. I wasnt checking ph in water, which someone said thats important. So I have a ph tester coming and also ordered ph up and down.

The light I got is..
RDJ Bouns 2024 Fresh 720W LED Grow Light for 4x4 Grow Tent, Wide Body 6 Bar Grow Lights LM281B+ and EPI Diodes, Full Spectrum, with Sosen Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable, Perfect for Indoor Garden https://a.co/d/gMVJn3G
it’s nothing to do with ph,.
basically not feeding or watering correctly etc,.

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

What kind of soul should I use? I really don't have the money to get more nutes. I spent most of what I had on the tent and light. Is there a soil I can get at a local store like menards?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
can you find this or this brand? the stuff you got is fine, but if you wanted to buy more, than buy this and it’s very similar to what your using,..
IMG 1774

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok so anyhoo you have everything you need to start again? how did you start your plant last time?
how do you maintain temp and humidity?

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

I had this little, junky setup untill about a moth ago when I got the tent, light, nutes and soil. It was doing good that whole time. Then I transplanted it into a bigger container and it was doing good. About a week ago I added sulfur to it because I thought the ph was too high. Maybe thats what is killing it.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I had this little, junky setup untill about a moth ago when I got the tent, light, nutes and soil. It was doing good that whole time. Then I transplanted it into a bigger container and it was doing good. About a week ago I added sulfur to it because I thought the ph was too high. Maybe thats what is killing it.
mmmm i can tell this plant has been suffering longer than a week, probably issues started a month ago and went unnoticed/ignored,..

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

I have a vent fan ontop to help control temp. I have 2 small humidifiers to help with humidity. The temp stays around 90 and humidity around 35.

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

Yeah, I had 2 other plants that didn't make it in the janky setup. So what should I do to start over?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I recommend putting your new soil in a fabric grow bag. They're much better for drainage and gas exchange with the atmosphere.

You're actually close to being where you want to be. You have a lot of good equipment. You'll find plenty of help here, as well.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya temp and humidity ain’t helping you,.
temps should be 75-80 lights on and 65-75 with lights off,.
humidity between 50-60.. 24/7..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, I had 2 other plants that didn't make it in the janky setup. So what should I do to start over?
lots of ways to germinate,.
i use peroxide/water,..
anyhoo you need to be able to somewhat control your temps and humidity better first,.

Tango4Bravo

Tango4Bravo

Awesome, thank you so much for everyone's help! Is there a certain strand I should use? The 5 seeds I have came from a friend who saved them. Dont know what type they are.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Awesome, thank you so much for everyone's help! Is there a certain strand I should use? The 5 seeds I have came from a friend who saved them. Dont know what type they are.
I don't see a problem with growing free seeds till you improve your growing methods. Some strains are easier to grow than others, though. Spend some time reading the descriptions on seed seller sites. Royal Queen Seeds is a sponsor here, so it would be a good place to start.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I don't see a problem with growing free seeds till you improve your growing methods. Some strains are easier to grow than others, though. Spend some time reading the descriptions on seed seller sites. Royal Queen Seeds is a sponsor here, so it would be a good place to start.
i’ll be starting a bunch of seeds today,. i’ll video and post on my thread for you,.

Latest posts

Top Bottom