HELP!!!!!!! I messed up my light schedule!!!!

• Thread starter TriCountyKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TriCountyKush

So right now my light schedule is on 12/12. The light come on at 7 p.m. and turn off a 7 a.m. The last i left my timer on manually by accident and the light didn't turn off a 7 a.m. i ended up turning my light off at 11 a.m. So, my question is should i let the light turn on as regular at 7 p.m. with an 8 hour dark period or should i wait til 11 p.m. turn the lights on so they have a 12 hour dark period. With the second option i would in turn have the lights on for only 8 hours.

If anyone has some information please advice.
Thank You

sky high

sky high

Just continue on with the schedule you had going. As long as this isn't a regular kinda f-up you'll be AOK/none the worse for wear.

BTW....you only have to post one thread.

rock it big....

s h

T

TriCountyKush

Thanks a lot man i really appreciate it. Well i have a thread under under grow diaries that rarely gets comments so i thought i i should post a couple and hopefully i could get a hit. Again thanks a lot.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

Yeah one maybe even two light distruption wont do harm to good genetics..Just do as ya did...retain the 7-7 and youll be fine...And a bit of addvice if ya want more people to come check out your grows..place a link in your signature so we can click and see..Im a real lazy stoner and wont go looking for it. ROLMAO...and some folks dont start posting in said threads untill you start Flower..most know what a vegging plant looks like...PM me a link and Ill have a look see..until then take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

T

TriCountyKush

I like to see two different ways of doing it. I will consider both. Thank you all for your comments. I cant send messages so if anyone wants to check out my thread here it is.

mace

mace

Pretty positive either way you choose to go, you'll be fine. The first light mess up isn't going to hermie out your crop, but always keep an eye out for male flowers.

20north

not getting medicated before working on stuff this crucial is a good idea if you can help it

C

ColasQueen

Advice/Experience? PLEASE
I just messed up as well :-( Put the gyrlz into darkness for 24 hours, ended up only 22 hours in darkness and now the lights have been on for 22 hours, ACK!
Thinking of putting them back into a 24 hour darkness and then 12/12 - thoughts/advice/poke fun at me? LOL

C

CAPO

Yes ...I would run a whole 24 in dark then re-boot the 12/12 cycle.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome ColasQueen. You can go as CAPO suggested or straight to 12/12, the choice is your's. Just be sure to set up your timer correctly.:nod

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
not getting medicated before working on stuff this crucial is a good idea if you can help it
Whatchoo talkin' about? I start getting medicated first thing in the AM, after a few cups o' joe. And I bring my tray with me to my grow areas, always. What is more relaxing than toking a few while you tend to your chores with your girls?

Then again, when I get medicated I rarely get completely baked anymore.

CQ, why did you put them into a 24hr dark cycle instead of just putting them on a 12/12?

C

ColasQueen

Capo - thanks, agreed. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else!

Midnight Son - thanks a lot for the welcome :-) I went back to 24 hr darkness as I felt I had confused the gyrlz by then giving them 22 hrs of light. Wanted to ensure they all *knew* it was time to move to flowering! And yes, the timers are correct - good grief!

SeaMaiden - See note to Midnight Son above, I felt with the long light after the dark, they would be confused. Just peeked at them, and they are all stretching thier arms up high - good sign :-)

Another quick q on pruning, I supercrop (only allow 4 main branches tied to the sides of the buckets), should I still be pruning off all the new shoots that I am getting off the main branches? I don't want to get a lot of scruff (loose small buds) off this crop. Just want main colas, I've been pruning hard on a dozen of them (only allowing the four main branch tips to grow, removing any new fingerlings/branches below) - will this get me to where I want to be (large colas only)?
Caio-
CQ

C

ColasQueen

CQ's Details

• Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clones
2. How old are your plants? 39 days from when they went into buckets under HPS (12 days old prior to that)
3. How tall are your plants? 22 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 2 ½ gln buckets
5. What is your soil mix? Roots Organic Coco Fiber (soilless)
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Every other day I feed (with nutrients) and every third feeding is only trinity. Tap water, ALWAYS ph’d.
7. What is the pH of your water? Out of the tap, 7.9, when I feed/water 5.5-6.1
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Here is the list of what I feed, it changes as they grow. (Roots Organic: Trinity, HP2, HPK
Aurora Innovations: Soul Grow, Soul Bloom, Amino Aide, Big Swell)
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Nitrozime (kelp) once a week only in veg
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") I use 4 – 600 HPS in cooled hoods.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 8 inches from the top, it is on a light rail which moves the lights side to side
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Uh, 10X10X12
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? I keep it around 78-81 and humidity 41-44
14. What is the pH of the soil? Interesting, I haven’t tested the soil, how would I do that? Stick the pH meter in the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Not this round, but fungus gnats are a problem for me. I use yellow sticky’s for the adults and gnatrol for the others. Seems to work well for me.
16. How much experience do you have growing? This is my fourth go around personally.

Top Bottom