Help I need to cool my grow tent

• Thread starter weedman6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedman6363

So I need to cool my grow tent it’s outside so I get outside temps and I’m in Norway so it’s cool anyway I can’t open my vents at bottom of tent because light spillage out of it anyway it’s a 80x80x160 and I’ve got a 600w hps inside and I’ve got ballast inside and all that
Any ideas ?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Move the ballast outside the tent if you can. Air cool the light if you can. Run a 90° for the vent to keep light out. Can also always insulate the outside of the tent if that is the issue. If it's hotter in the tent then outside that wont help.

W

weedman6363

Move the ballast outside the tent if you can. Air cool the light if you can. Run a 90° for the vent to keep light out. Can also always insulate the outside of the tent if that is the issue. If it's hotter in the tent then outside that wont help.
Ive moved ballast and wires to outside it’s inside a shed so the outside temps are lower than the tent they seem fine tho got one blue b auto one peyote fem and a Spanish bag seed thinking of getting pc fans for extractor fans and Intake starting 5 northern lights soon so any secret tips will be useful thanks

W

weedman6363

These 600w lamps are very hot lol it’s insane

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Put some ducting and an elbow on the intake flaps at the bottom and open them. Hell you can make it out of cardboard if you like. That will prevent light leaks

W

weedman6363

Put some ducting and an elbow on the intake flaps at the bottom and open them. Hell you can make it out of cardboard if you like. That will prevent light leaks
Its awkward asf the space is only 90cm and the tent is 80 I can try that but it’s kinda impractical how do you do that ducting thing and what do you mean ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok you are worried about light leaks right. So if you take a straight pipe and shine a flashlight through it, light comes out the other side. But if you put a 90 degree fitting with another short pipe on the end and do the same thing no light. So if you open your bottom vents just use the same principle even put a cardboard box taped to the tent and cut a hole is a side that there is no light. You can now get the benefit of better air flow and not worry of light leaks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your worried about light coming out of the tent or into that should fix it. Decent exhaust fan and open the vents will help alot

W

weedman6363

If your worried about light coming out of the tent or into that should fix it. Decent exhaust fan and open the vents will help alot
Oh I get you now thanks so much I will be doing this as well I need to put a sock on it to stop the spiders and insects from getting in

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

what kind of reflector hood do you have? do you have fan filter comb?cool tube is the way to go,put filter inside,vent from filter to cool tube drawing tent air across your bulb and then out of tent,cool it by a lot

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

So I take it your lights are on during the day? maybe next grow have lights on at night if this is possible. In the meantime try venting your hood like some of the other posters have suggested

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

exhaust fan is probably gonna be your best bet. i could not control the temps in my tent without one. like others suggested in the case of HPS it would be best to run a cool tube reflector pulling air across the bulb and out of the tent.

Dan789

Dan789

This is what I’ve done to allow intake cooler air. Hope this gives you some idea, (that’s cheese cloth hot glued to the end of some ducting). I’ve got exhaust connected so try to place yours as low as possible for intake and then something higher so normals convection can occur.

7FDB8D09 1CA2 4631 88DC 2497234D1FDA
1024155C 573A 4088 9E54 46FDCD896435
W

weedman6363

what kind of reflector hood do you have? do you have fan filter comb?cool tube is the way to go,put filter inside,vent from filter to cool tube drawing tent air across your bulb and then out of tent,cool it by a lot
Who do you think I am richest guy around lol no I’ve just got an eco barn one the 17 Euro ones lol and no intake / outtake fans as I’ve got no money left to buy one I’ve got a little desk fan and have put ducting with the fan towards and opened the vents at bottom with cardboard

W

weedman6363

Exactly... No light leaks.
Lol it’s not light leaks I’m worried about im running autos it’s keeping the light inside the tent from getting out when I open the flap vents with the mesh lol and the fact I don’t have any fancy equiptment

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Who do you think I am richest guy around lol no I’ve just got an eco barn one the 17 Euro ones lol and no intake / outtake fans as I’ve got no money left to buy one I’ve got a little desk fan and have put ducting with the fan towards and opened the vents at bottom with cardboard

So you are not just looking for a solution you are looking for a no cost solution?

Top Bottom