help! i split my stem by accident i dont know what to do or how bad it is

• Thread starter sebreed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

i see where you’re coming from, it’s too late for me to take it off now 😔 do you think i’ve done it okay and how long would i need to wait for it to recover

I think she’ll be fine. When she heals up take one off. If you have a pair of those dog nail clippers they work very well

Only thing about this repair is that it’s temporary because the stalk will grow around the ziptie

S

sebreed

I think she’ll be fine. When she heals up take one off. If you have a pair of those dog nail clippers they work very well

Only thing about this repair is that it’s temporary because the stalk will grow around the ziptie
i’ve just ordered some grafting tape on amazon , seems like god is with me because this is the first time i’ve seen amazon offer me same day delivery and i only have 5 more minutes to order it or id get it in two days and not today

Stokes

Stokes

i’ve just ordered some grafting tape on amazon , seems like god is with me because this is the first time i’ve seen amazon offer me same day delivery and i only have 5 more minutes to order it or id get it in two days and not today

Dont forget that its amazon. They find ways to let you down. This seems like a big deal but it isnt. I learned just what they can take my first year outdoors

BudRanger1919

BudRanger1919

I have seen far worse come back totally fine. It happened to me once and I just used tape, she survived just fine :). She may look unhappy for a number of days though.

S

sebreed

Dont forget that its amazon. They find ways to let you down. This seems like a big deal but it isnt. I learned just what they can take my first year outdoors
true but hey look tomorrow i will gr
I have seen far worse come back totally fine. It happened to me once and I just used tape, she survived just fine :). She may look unhappy for a number of days though.
okay thanks ! it gives me a big boost

P

Phyto

I once was bending an entire 4 foot tall plant to tie it down and snapped the main stalk at the base, the entire inside (hard) portion was broken, but the vascular tissue was still mostly intact. I drove a broomstick into the ground and tied the stalk to it. Ended up getting almost a pound off that plant. Cannabis is tough!

S

sebreed

hey , today i replaced the repair , for anyone asking this is how bad the damage was. i’ve also noticed that on both stems it’s starting to go black a bit? i don’t know if it’s because of the damage but i just fixed it up like this

IMG 1038
IMG 0925
IMG 0927
IMG 1048
S

sebreed

I heard once that if you turn down the light for a couple days it helps them heal better. I cannot confirm the effectiveness of that tho
if i turn down the light it might start flowering since id be giving them less than 12 hours

Mothman

Mothman

if i turn down the light it might start flowering since id be giving them less than 12 hours
Instead of changing the schedule, you could drop the power a bit, or maybe raise the light temporarily. But I don’t know if it’s necessary.

I broke one in my current manifold grow and then taped it with a bit of orange duct tape. (I wired it in place a little higher on the plant to stabilize its position, then wrapped twice with tape to seal the break. I left it in place for the rest of the grow.)
IMG 4886

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Medical tape is great for less gnarly splits.
In the future you can actually pre game a zip tie to keep manifolds from splitting.
I do it at the most stressed points ahead of time. Works great

IMG 3973
Stokes

Stokes

Medical tape is great for less gnarly splits.
In the future you can actually pre game a zip tie to keep manifolds from splitting.
I do it at the most stressed points ahead of time. Works great
Is that one youve got going now or did? I bet she turned out awesome, or is definitely going to. Nice training

Stokes

Stokes

Sorry, i meant lower the intensity.
Also, i dont know if that works or not, a grower who i highly respect on another site mentioned something along the lines of it. He’s never given any reason for me to doubt him.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Is that one youve got going now or did? I bet she turned out awesome, or is definitely going to. Nice training
I just moved it into flower yesterday 👊🏻🤡
Thanks man!

Top Bottom