Help! I watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back.

• Thread starter Amonolith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amonolith

I watered these plants 3 days ago, and they drooped down and never came back. Is this overwatering? Ive heard some folks say if the stem bends with the leaf, its underwatered, and if it is overwatered will they survive?.

Help i watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back
Help i watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back 2
Help i watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back 3
Help i watered these plants 3 days ago and they drooped and never came back 4
A

Amonolith

Im at a loss this was the same two plants, not even a week ago. Whats going on!?

IMG 7603
K

Kamisama

Looks overwatered, if they r like this since last watering 3 days ago. Especialy bottom parts could be.

Whats your humidity?

A

Amonolith

top soil layer looks rather dry for bein watered 3 days ago ... did you moist slowly the whole soil till a little run off ?
I watered slowly 1/4 of a gallon starting from the middle working my way out. I didnt have any run off, i noticed they were drooping a bit Sunday, and watered the following monday and now all the droop, these pictures were taken this morning,

A

Amonolith

Looks overwatered, if they r like this since last watering 3 days ago. Especialy bottom parts could be.

Whats your humidity?
My humidity is at 51% right now, usually gets to 55 mid day, and up closer to 60 when lights off, until the vent pulls it back to 53-51

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

at this point with the two biggest plant they could start to drink faster, and you need to moist the whole soil slowly till a little run off then let it dry before watering again.

overwatering and underwatering rather look the same, only you can figure out if it's one or the other. lifting the pots on a regular basis and get used to dry and wet weights may help also.

K

Kamisama

My humidity is at 51% right now, usually gets to 55 mid day, and up closer to 60 when lights off, until the vent pulls it back to 53-51
I d let em for 2-3 days and observe. Majority of roots will seek water in lower parts, which could be too wet and thats why u see this.

just put in soil your finger or whole hand and see for yourself, if lower parts r wet or not.

A

Amonolith

at this point with the two biggest plant they could start to drink faster, and you need to moist the whole soil slowly till a little run off then let it dry before watering again.

overwatering and underwatering rather look the same, only you can figure out if it's one or the other. lifting the pots on a regular basis and get used to dry and wet weights may help

overwatering and underwatering rather look the same, only you can figure out if it's one or the other. lifting the pots on a regular basis and get used to dry and wet weights may help also.
After futher examination, the soil does seem to be pretty dry even a full hands length on the sides. Slightly moist in the middle, should i try watering till run off on one? And compare?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I can’t give you an exact amount but just do what you did the first time water in one quart slowly and then wait about 15 or 20 minutes and do it again and see if you have runoff.
Without being there and seeing them in person or knowing anything about your grow really except those pictures, I would guess at least 3/4 of a gallon.
Today is my watering day for my my four plants in the same containers as yours, except their 5 gallon containers and mine are in week 4 of flower and they’re a gallon every five days.
I break my 1 quart down into three 300 milliliter pours so that it doesn’t just run through and I do that every 20 minutes or so believe me it’s tedious and I’m going on 2 1/2 hours right now but my plants look awesome.
When your pots are light and you water till they’re heavy, but just do it slow.

A

Amonolith

I can’t give you an exact amount but just do what you did the first time water in one quart slowly and then wait about 15 or 20 minutes and do it again and see if you have runoff.
Without being there and seeing them in person or knowing anything about your grow really except those pictures, I would guess at least 3/4 of a gallon.
Today is my watering day for my my four plants in the same containers as yours, except their 5 gallon containers and mine are in week 4 of flower and they’re a gallon every five days.
I break my 1 quart down into three 300 milliliter pours so that it doesn’t just run through and I do that every 20 minutes or so believe me it’s tedious and I’m going on 2 1/2 hours right now but my plants look awesome.
When your pots are light and you water till they’re heavy, but just do it slow.
Thanks a lot for the advice! Ill give this a try.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

One jug for each plant, I take the lid off of the one I’m using pour my three individual 300 ml pours then put lid back on and move to next jug which represents next pot.
Sometimes I forget how many pours I’m on but with all the jugs lined up you can see where the line is and you know if you need another or if that was enough.
Week 4 of flower starts today and I have one more quart to go lol and maybe even more I still have no runoff.
Good luck!
IMG 0522
IMG 0523

A

Amonolith

Well they did. Right after watering 24-hours they looked perky and great again, now 24 hours from there, they are starting to droop again.
IMG 7639
IMG 7637

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've used 7-gallon pots, but now I'm using 5-gallon pots. I can usually add a full gallon of water to those, so a 7-gallon pot should take more. I loosen the soil with a hand rake to help aeration and evaporation. Risers can help, too. So can pointing a circulation fan toward the pots.

Plants can use a lot of water when they're that size, especially if their environment is hot or dry. So, what are your environment settings? I'm also curious about the soil temperature. Do you have a tent heater?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Maybe tell us what you’re feeding them and how often? I know in veg I keep humidity up around 70% I also use gaija green.
I’m in soil also and add 1 tablespoon of epsom salt with every watering and I mix recharge in every other watering.
It’s gonna take a little time until you perfect your watering techniques not gonna happen instantly.
Temps with led between 80-85

Grower1974

Grower1974

Yep. A 7 gallon pot when it’s ready for a good slow saturation, will absorb at least 1.25 gallons. Depending on the growth rate/size of the plant, it may need to be watered again betwen 2-4 days.

My tent photoperiods are in 4 gallon pots. Each pot gets 1 full gallon every 2 days.

IMG 4545
IMG 4539

Latest posts

Top Bottom