Help Identify Bug

• Thread starter marmotte
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

marmotte

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum - and to outdoor growing ( I have had some successful experience indoor ages ago whilst in college).

I just planted (early July) outdoor, in soil, two clones that I go from CG. I just moved in this place so I was in a rush to get it growing. Not too sure of the genetic(s), but they looked healthy. One is said to be a form of Kush which should be a good fir for where I live (7000ft in Colorado), the other supposed to be GorillaGlue#4.
The soil is very dry and sandy; I have heaps of sunlight.

They have been growing fine. I give very little organic nutrients, water every two or three days at most.
Some leaves were eaten (slugs?) so I got some D.E. which I have been using a lot in the past for veggies/herbs gardens. The D.E. took care of that I think.

But there were also a few (always from 3 to 10 on each plant that I could see) little white bugs. These are definitively not spidermites (I know how to recognize these ones - got some indoor exposure :)
They were here before the D.E. and, most surprisingly, are still here since (I have put D.E> for four days now).
They look too big for aphids. They are mostly on the top or on the junctions where the new leaves or branches are sprouting.

Anyone know what they are?
Are they harmful?
THX in advance.
(PS: the white powder on the pics is D.E)
Help identify bug
Help identify bug 2
Help identify bug 3
Help identify bug 4
Help identify bug 6
Help identify bug 5
Help identify bug 8
Help identify bug 7

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum - and to outdoor growing ( I have had some successful experience indoor ages ago whilst in college).

I just planted (early July) outdoor, in soil, two clones that I go from CG. I just moved in this place so I was in a rush to get it growing. Not too sure of the genetic(s), but they looked healthy. One is said to be a form of Kush which should be a good fir for where I live (7000ft in Colorado), the other supposed to be GorillaGlue#4.
The soil is very dry and sandy; I have heaps of sunlight.

They have been growing fine. I give very little organic nutrients, water every two or three days at most.
Some leaves were eaten (slugs?) so I got some D.E. which I have been using a lot in the past for veggies/herbs gardens. The D.E. took care of that I think.

But there were also a few (always from 3 to 10 on each plant that I could see) little white bugs. These are definitively not spidermites (I know how to recognize these ones - got some indoor exposure :)
They were here before the D.E. and, most surprisingly, are still here since (I have put D.E> for four days now).
They look too big for aphids. They are mostly on the top or on the junctions where the new leaves or branches are sprouting.

Anyone know what they are?
Are they harmful?
THX in advance.
(PS: the white powder on the pics is D.E)View attachment 617008 View attachment 617009 View attachment 617010 View attachment 617011 View attachment 617014 View attachment 617012 View attachment 617016 View attachment 617015
They are thirps here is a link for the management of them http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7429.html

M

marmotte

Thx for your answers.
I didn't know what thrips were.
I checked and it didn't really check out.
My bugs are longer (4mm) and visibly different. They don't have wings, and have powerful long legs at the back to jump
I managed to get one in good condition for a few closeups.
Thx

I am Trying now diluted isopropyl alcohol and peroxide....

2016 07 19 172136
Underthesun

Underthesun

I always have those too, here in CO at around 7k feet also. Didn't know how much damage they do, never had them get out of control. But good info, thanks!

Do you plan on using a cold frame or greenhouse for your first outdoor grow at 7k? You should.

M

marmotte

I always have those too, here in CO at around 7k feet also. Didn't know how much damage they do, never had them get out of control. But good info, thanks!

Do you plan on using a cold frame or greenhouse for your first outdoor grow at 7k? You should.
Hi man, good to know you managed to keep them under control.
To be honest I was hoping not to - but I just arrived here so not sure what the weather will be like this fall...not sure either what the strains actually are and how long they'll need. When the time comes I'll ask you for advice :)

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

Looks like baby grasshoppers to me. Similar to leaf hoppers. None the less bad bugs either way. Eat your leaves and general disarray.

Fox Farms

Fox Farms

Need help identifying an infestation on my plants from an experienced grower. Has anyone ever seen this before.?

20170630 170408
20170630 170330
Crop Duster

Crop Duster

I would also recommend using Monterey Spinosad. Also, it looks like you have some powdery mildew. Or is it something you sprayed on the plant, I cant tell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom